The Chris Dawes Thread or " I went through succession on a Dawes with no name."( Yes, it's back)

DIDAIC0S

All Australian
Aug 23, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
dawes in the right structures is a good 2nd forward, not the man or 2nd forward/ruck, hopeless at that
hurt us when he spat the dummy and left. like players who fight for there spots in the team
daws back don't know in all serious leave that one to the club

I don't believe there was a dummy spit.

He was told some honest truths by Bucks and helped out the door.

Was quite upset, rather than angry, about it from what I've heard.

Sent from my Millennium Falcon using Tapatalk

Mick39

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
At the start of 2011, there was serious discussion whether Dawes was better than Cloke. He broke his knuckle against Hawthorn and struggled to get back to form after that.

He saved us in the PF that year. In 2012, Buckley killed his career at Collingwood by trying to play him as ruckman / forward.

I don't believe there was a dummy spit.

He was told some honest truths by Bucks and helped out the door.

Was quite upset, rather than angry, about it from what I've heard.

its still a dummy spit, he left instead fighting for his spot
and yes helped out the door. don't want to be with us then your gone

At the start of 2011, there was serious discussion whether Dawes was better than Cloke. He broke his knuckle against Hawthorn and struggled to get back to form after that.

He saved us in the PF that year. In 2012, Buckley killed his career at Collingwood by trying to play him as ruckman / forward.
and who else did we have to do that possition
since you do not like replying are you thatsgold in disguise

Hahahah aha destroyed his career? Hahahhhahahahahahaha. You should start charging money for this stand-up comedy.

Mick39

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
and who else did we have to do that possition
since you do not like replying are you thatsgold in disguise

Leigh Brown retired in 2011. Good recruiting is succession planning.

At no stage did Dawes play as the second forward / ruck in 2011.

Oct 7, 2010
Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
mgs4-gun-in-mouth-o.gif

DIDAIC0S

All Australian
Aug 23, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
its still a dummy spit, he left instead fighting for his spot
and yes helped out the door. don't want to be with us then your gone

Not a dummy spit.
He was never a ruckman.

If you want to blame anyone for Dawes and his demise and leaving the club, blame Malthouse.

Mick told Melbourne to take Neeld (who left before the grand final) and took Leigh Brown with him to Melbourne.

Dawes then was forced into the role, that he was never supposed to play.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep - feel the same way. A bit like the reported reason for Freeman wanting out: not willing to fight for his place.
Dawes said in an interview that he was told to look for another club. The claim that he opted out because of competition from Lynch is a claim that I have not seen substantiated anywhere. Now I am not really all that keen on him returning to Collingwood, but I believe Dawes when he says he was told to seek a contract elsewhere. He never struck me as a liar.

DIDAIC0S

All Australian
Aug 23, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Dawes said in an interview that he was told to look for another club. The claim that he opted out because of competition from Lynch is a claim that I have not seen substantiated anywhere. Now I am not really all that keen on him returning to Collingwood, but I believe Dawes when he says he was told to seek a contract elsewhere. He never struck me as a liar.

This is pretty much what I heard from a mate of Dawes dad.

Kilmo

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood

When you say serious discussion, does that mean in your own head?

Kilmo

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
At the start of 2011 there were numerous articles about that discussion.
Even if we entertain for a second that ludicrous notion, comparing their stats at even any segment of their careers that you would like to cherry pick shows that Dawes is not fit to carry Cloke's bags. But I'm sure you know this, so you've got me hook line and sinker.

Mick39

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Dawes hasn't spoken to Buckley since he was traded. I had a cousin who rowed with Chris at Brighton Grammar in the 1st 8 and he was filthy how he was treated in that interview.

Leigh Brown retired in 2011. Good recruiting is succession planning.

At no stage did Dawes play as the second forward / ruck in 2011.

at no time we were talking about 2011, it was 2012 nice try to deflect
you are not thatsgold but I believe a brother of

Back