moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
Aussie series, starting on BBC tomorrow.

Is it any good? Worth setting the recorder? Thanks.

The premise and character tropes are a little uninspired, cliche and moronic, but it was nice to see a rare Canberra setting on a well-produced TV drama (even if it's mostly a fly-in cliche view of Canberra). The cast is quite solid, but its no Top of the Lake.

Thanks guys. I watched the first two eps, and I have say, I pretty much agree. It was 'OK', but nothing to get excited about.

The original The Killing is/was a template that we're going to see used for as lot of shows in the future.

Again another well hidden ABC show , that leaves lots of the other crap on FTA for dead.

I've been watching it and it is brilliant , just fantastic. Aussie classic stuff, in the same quality as Tangle, Off Spring (although free to air) Time of our lives, Upper middle bogans, the new second series of its a date. I think that what its called. Just classics. Yet the assembly line American situation comedys still come and are still crappy and the numbers of them are getting just too many.

Proof is the original shows like Friends or some of the other earlier shows get put on fox because the newer American stuff is just another waste of time show.

BUT IF YOU LOOK HARD YOU GET TO FIND AUSSIE STUFF THAT MATCHES ANY OF THE QUALITY STUFF LIKE HOMELAND AND BOARDWALK EMPIRE .

You just have to search.

But some may disagree with me I hate reality shows and the foxtel is now full of repeats and advertisements, but if you can record stuff you can zip through the ads.

I also hear that new things for viewers are coming in the future where Foxtel may have to cut its prices or play a fairer game to compete.

If your one of the many like me who chanel surf some nights foxtel is full of nothing.

Even the History channel throws in ads for up and coming shows , they all do , over and over and over. Stick to the ABC.

EVEN THE PROJECT IS WRECKED BY BREAKS!

Well hidden? ABC have been caning the promos for this show, with 1-2 repeats a week.
Maybe right. So they should , people miss lots of real good stuff. I mean quality stuff, ABC is a place to look for that.
I guess one day the likes of the new government will screw it and we'll have commercials there as well.

It's not bad. You can see what they're trying to do but it's confusing in some parts, boring in others. Lucy Lawless' character and the cop seem a bit lost on me too. While well acted the Jesse character is a whiny twat.

It's not bad. You can see what they're trying to do but it's confusing in some parts, boring in others. Lucy Lawless' character and the cop seem a bit lost on me too. While well acted the Jesse character is a whiny twat.
The Jesse character is brilliant and the character of this person is someone who is mentally unstable and probably for most of his life . The older brother character, is looking after him, some times resentfully and sometimes , most times, over the fact he loves his brother it all fits .

If you don't like the character, well that's great performance from him.

If you don't understand the character, well don't watch. You need to look deeper into it.

The Jesse character is brilliant and the character of this person is someone who is mentally unstable and probably for most of his life . The older brother character, is looking after him, some times resentfully and sometimes , most times, over the fact he loves his brother it all fits .

If you don't like the character, well that's great performance from him.

If you don't understand the character, well don't watch. You need to look deeper into it.

I've looked after a relative with a mental illness so I don't need to be lectured thanks. I just thought the show had potential but didn't really grab me as much as the hype suggested I should. The last episode kind of wrapped it up a bit easily. Well, except for the very end
Our code breaking friend from the subcontinent who had the information. Seemed to be a different coloured lego USB stick though.

I've looked after a relative with a mental illness so I don't need to be lectured thanks. I just thought the show had potential but didn't really grab me as much as the hype suggested I should. The last episode kind of wrapped it up a bit easily. Well, except for the very end
Our code breaking friend from the subcontinent who had the information. Seemed to be a different coloured lego USB stick though.
I wasn't lecturing , and I too have experience of family with mental illness for several decades. So get of that horse mate. I was talking about understanding a show . And if you thought it was like you say and the Jesse character was as weak as water , or what ever you said then don't watch it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can but it now at the ABC shop , well you will soon . It was great. Good quality . The show after it on Sundays is a ripper , well into its season now Mad dogs. Brit show . Excellent , getting deeper and deeper in the s**t these four blokes. But now I can't find it on the tv guide. So I'm not sure but its certainly not finished.

You can but it now at the ABC shop , well you will soon . It was great. Good quality . The show after it on Sundays is a ripper , well into its season now Mad dogs. Brit show . Excellent , getting deeper and deeper in the s**t these four blokes. But now I can't find it on the tv guide. So I'm not sure but its certainly not finished.

Mad Dogs was a good series, but all 4 series have been on UK tv ages ago, last series was only a couple of ep's IIRC

Mad Dogs was a good series, but all 4 series have been on UK tv ages ago, last series was only a couple of ep's IIRC
So there is more seasons of this show. I thought it was just one season. But I see its not on the ABC next week. So maybe the last explosion last Sunday finished the first season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back