Preview The Coming Weeks

How will West Coast go in the next 3 games?

• 0 Wins: All hands abandon ship!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Win: If you think this story has a happy ending you haven't been paying attention.

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • 2 Wins: 2 out of 3 ain't bad...

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • 3 Wins: Set a course for finals! Maximum Warp!

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • Doesn't matter it'll be Hawks vs Geelong in the Grand Final anyway...

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

well in a perfect world -
we whack carlton
we double whack Freo (coz its Freo)
we whack Gws..

but probably we beat carlton by 4 goals
we lose to Freo by 4 goals
and we beat GWS by 2 goals

maybe we'll get jumped by carlton and lose by 2 goals
thumped by Freo by 8 goals
and ambushed by GWS,losing by 4 goals.

with this current team and week to week injuries, as is plainly apparent, i havent a clue who or what is going to turn up on game day, let alone what will transpire, its a magical mystery tour so far.
(but at least i clocked over 200 posts?)

I'm generally closer to a pessimist than an optimist (check out my posts from last year), but I actually voted 3-0 :O. I'm suddenly feeling ok about the Derby, admittedly more because of Freo's efforts than ours. I'll revise my opinion if we lose this week though, but not if we *just* win. I don't think any of the next 3 weeks will be thrashings- ~20pts, ~10pts and ~35 pts

Agreed. Having said that, is there any scenario anyone can see where we beat Fremantle? And I mean from a tactical/match up point of view not a stupid optimistic point of view.

There is only one scenario. Youth. If we insert some youth into our midfield and that youthful excitement boils over into a win. Thats it.

Same as the majority, 2/3 pass, 3/3 a+.
Could easily be 1/3 fail, would be very happy with a pass at this stage.
Feeling alot better about the port loss today, still positives to come out of that game. All things considered we are doing ok, if things start gelling a bit more and they learn how to keep there heads when things go against us.
Then these are three very winnable games, if we can do it whilst getting more games into the young guys we will be pretty happy. If we can't is not the end of the world.
Not saying I wouldn't be angry, coz I would be. It would suck, but we are impatient, aren't we?

Last edited:
Some things in our favor
- They will be without Barlow, listed as 3-4 weeks away still I believe. Also missing Walters, Ibbot, Gumbleton, Morabito
- Mayne is in pretty poor form according to some on their board.
- Their defense is a little more leaky than usual.
- Hopefully they challenge Ballaz and he fails and gets 2 weeks ;)
- Clarke has been frustrating apparently
- No Simpson to bring in for Walters and their other rookies haven't been lighting the world on fire.

Take these with a grain of salt however... As usual any injuries to us or them this week could certainly sway the balance of the game a great deal.

I've gone 2/3, but am far from confident. Still, overall we are looking like we're moving forward from the 2013 debacle. Last year, we were like a bunch of lemmings, and when we got to the cliff-face in the 2nd part of the year, we jumped off it en masse. This year, we're a bit more like a herd of wildebeest. When the herd gels together, they are able to storm forward and woe to any other beast that gets in the way. But when the predators put the pressure on, some of our wildebeest get a bit lost and that's when the nasty predators catch the hind-most. Given that we have a whole new coaching staff, and some of our leading wildebeest currently have broken horns or lame hocks (and true, a few key wildebeest can't run fast enough), we're doing OK. A decent chance to play finals from what we've seen so far, and hopefully we can transform from a herd of herbivores into a pride of predators over the next while.

I went 3, should beat the Blues, freo are not the same side as last year, few injuries, and don't look all that hungry, maybe it's still early, and we all know How Lyon likes to get his teams going for the latter half of the year but with basically no forward line, except for Junk time Pav, I reckon we can stop them scoring and hopefully with Hurn back we can actually get some good disposal from the back half. Bennell and Yeo have been really good IMO this year, they take the game on and back themselves, but with some stuff ups along the way. Hurn back there to kick in and unleash some bombs we look much more dangerous. GWS at home should be a win if we even half serious about improving on last year and actually making the 8. Now get it done!!!

Carlton is 60/40 I think. Their injuries help us a bit.

Freo is 25/75, still don't think we're good enough to beat them. The only best 22 players they will be missing are Walters and Barlow.

We will beat GWS, no problems at all - 95/5.

If we are 5/3 at the bye then that's pretty good I think. We'll then have Hurn and LeCras back and give our best shot at making the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Provided Simpson doesn't coach stupidly early and allow Carlton's fwds to get it over the back and build confidence early we should smash them by 10 gaols if we bring the same intent we did against Port. I can't see Carlton containing Kennedy and Darling in this game and our defence is working excellently thus far this year.

2/3 wins .

Wce should beat Carlton if they play at the same intensity of port game : tip 34 pts
Freo should be able to get the points but Wce have matched them pretty well for 2 wins in the pre-season and would have gained a lot of confidence in the gameplan to beat freo 50/50 game :tip Freo 8 pts
GWS are a danger game with Cameron ,Patton and Boyd up fwd and a talented midfield but Wce should get points: tip Wce 28 pts .

I've gone 2/3, but am far from confident. Still, overall we are looking like we're moving forward from the 2013 debacle. Last year, we were like a bunch of lemmings, and when we got to the cliff-face in the 2nd part of the year, we jumped off it en masse. This year, we're a bit more like a herd of wildebeest. When the herd gels together, they are able to storm forward and woe to any other beast that gets in the way. But when the predators put the pressure on, some of our wildebeest get a bit lost and that's when the nasty predators catch the hind-most. Given that we have a whole new coaching staff, and some of our leading wildebeest currently have broken horns or lame hocks (and true, a few key wildebeest can't run fast enough), we're doing OK. A decent chance to play finals from what we've seen so far, and hopefully we can transform from a herd of herbivores into a pride of predators over the next while.
Number of dealer?

I reckon we will need 12 wins minimum to make finals, after doing the ladder predictor. Fairly even comp apart from the top few, and bottom few there are about 10 sides competing for 5 spots, and I reckon this year, well so far anyway, it seems most of those teams can beat other on any given day, very hard to pick. Unless we improve dramatically, I can't see us winning 9 or 10 more games for the year:( it already feels like 2013 all over again, especially the last few weeks, with our terrible conversion & choking!

Back