The Comprehensive List Of Players That Will Average More Than Superpremo Cripps

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd agree with that. Bont also kicks important goals, where as Cripps kicked 6.14 or something like that. Needs to work on that part of his game. Cripps also has a 1-2 kick-handball ratio, so I'm assuming that his overall disposal efficiency would be reasonably high.

Speaking of Bont, it's interesting that in the AFL Coaches Association Best Young player award of 2015, they had Bont 1st, narrowly over Cripps > daylight > McGovern

Bontempelli took out the award with 557 votes, ahead of Cripps with 527. Eagle Jeremy McGovern finished third with 362 votes.

(The best young player award is for second-year players, judged across two years, with all AFLCA members voting 5-4-3-2-1)

Not a bad effort by Cripps to basically be rated alongside Bont considering he's only played 23 games in 2 years, compared to Bont's 37 games. But clearly as far as the AFL coaching fraternity is concerned, Bont and Cripps are the best 2 players that are coming into their respective 3rd years. :thumbsu::thumbsu:
As some have stated already Bont & Cripps are SC locks from next year onwards!

I'm just hoping like hell Billings can be somewhere near their level in the not to distant future :thumbsu:

As some have stated already Bont & Cripps are SC locks from next year onwards!

I'm just hoping like hell Billings can be somewhere near their level in the not to distant future :thumbsu:

Billings has had a shitty run with injury so far. When he eventually gets a full pre-season under his belt and plays a full season without any niggles, he'll be up there as well. Classy player. Still got a bit of work to do as far as developing the tank required to be a full time mid though. No reason why he can't be a gun Wingard type HF in the mean time though.

Billings has had a shitty run with injury so far. When he eventually gets a full pre-season under his belt and plays a full season without any niggles, he'll be up there as well. Classy player. Still got a bit of work to do as far as developing the tank required to be a full time mid though. No reason why he can't be a gun Wingard type HF in the mean time though.
Agree 100% :thumbsu:

It's been beaten to death but his 2nd half against the Bulldogs in that comeback game was sublime.

I'd agree with that. Bont also kicks important goals, where as Cripps kicked 6.14 or something like that. Needs to work on that part of his game. Cripps also has a 1-2 kick-handball ratio, so I'm assuming that his overall disposal efficiency would be reasonably high.

Speaking of Bont, it's interesting that in the AFL Coaches Association Best Young player award of 2015, they had Bont 1st, narrowly over Cripps > daylight > McGovern

Bontempelli took out the award with 557 votes, ahead of Cripps with 527. Eagle Jeremy McGovern finished third with 362 votes.

(The best young player award is for second-year players, judged across two years, with all AFLCA members voting 5-4-3-2-1)

Not a bad effort by Cripps to basically be rated alongside Bont considering he's only played 23 games in 2 years, compared to Bont's 37 games. But clearly as far as the AFL coaching fraternity is concerned, Bont and Cripps are the best 2 players that are coming into their respective 3rd years. :thumbsu::thumbsu:
But Shooter McGovern has the gold jacket. Emirite?

But Shooter McGovern has the gold jacket. Emirite?

shooter.gif

Damn it, I fee like watching Happy Gilmore again for the thousandth time now.

Welcome to the first instalment of 2016 Pre-Season Cripps Watch :) (Wednesday 13th Jan training session)

Looks like he's put on at least 3kg's of muscle and grown another cm or two. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

414736-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

414750-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

414754-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

414753-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

205398_45788a6cbfd8e59d0aa2133d5c9dc948.png

205399_0496bf1c91252c36df9fa87e4e2c9cc1.png

Last edited:
Welcome to the first instalment of 2016 Pre-Season Cripps Watch :) (Wednesday 13th Jan training session)

Looks like he's put on at least 3kg's of muscle and grown another cm or two. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Surprised he's not bigger than Sandilands by now with all these "growth spurts" he seems to be getting weekly.

3kgs - well he's half-way there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprised he's not bigger than Sandilands by now with all these "growth spurts" he seems to be getting weekly.

LOL he's 194cm tall now and still growing. Good chance he might end up the 1st 200cm-100kg midfielder by the time he finishes growing. :eek:

Crazy, that only 3 years ago he was an undersized 170cm 65kg soaking wet runt at under 17's. He then had a 20cm growth spurt and now is having a 2nd growth spurt. In his pre-draft video he mentioned how in his Jnr years he worked hard developing his handball skills, decision making etc so he could get the ball out fast before he got crunched/killed by the other/bigger mids. :rainbow:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because averaging 95 in wins is better. :$

No, because you pick s**t out of selective stats when someone else does it! When your team is as awful as yours it really doesn't matter if he averages 200 in wins because is going to happen less than four times.

The real stat is average in losses, which is 87. So he's basically a Daniel Rich that can reach the cereal in the top cupboard. :rainbow::fire:

No, because you pick s**t out of selective stats when someone else does it! When your team is as awful as yours it really doesn't matter if he averages 200 in wins because is going to happen less than four times.

The real stat is average in losses, which is 87. So he's basically a Daniel Rich that can reach the cereal in the top cupboard. :rainbow::fire:

Not too different to super-premo Joel Selwood's deviation between wins/losses :rainbow:

Selwood 2015
Wins - 10 games at 124.2
Losses - 10 games at 85.4

I hear what you're saying though in regards to Carlton winning fewer games, but I expect his average to move up well past 100 in losses this year. Comparing him to Rich is a poor comparison since they play different roles. Much more difficult to tag an inside mid of Cripps' size and talent. Carlton will be flogged often, no doubt. But, this shouldn't effect Cripps' SC scoring nearly as much as most of his team mates, since he will be at all the stoppages and he is a contested ball winning, clearance machine. :fire:

Not too different to super-premo Joel Selwood's deviation between wins/losses :rainbow:

Selwood 2015
Wins - 10 games at 124.2
Losses - 10 games at 85.4

I hear what you're saying though in regards to Carlton winning fewer games, but I expect his average to move up well past 100 in losses this year. Comparing him to Rich is a poor comparison since they play different roles. Much more difficult to tag an inside mid of Cripps' size and talent. Carlton will be flogged often, no doubt. But, this shouldn't effect Cripps' SC scoring nearly as much as most of his team mates, since he will be at all the stoppages and he is a contested ball winning, clearance machine. :fire:

So your saying Selwood is a lock? Work off about 19 wins for the cats. That's 16 more than Carlflog FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back