List Mgmt. The Core-Who stays and who goes;re-signings and departures

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't put much into player tweets. Boyd after last year's win against the dogs tweeted his high praise of the culture we were building.
To be fair he loves our culture.

Just hates not eating his mummy's Roast Chicken.

Can't knock a 19 year old boy for being homesick though.

Yes, but then he goes and stirs the pot with this below :). Says to me.."keep building the list around us core players please".

He's stirring an empty pot, Stringer's signed up til the end of '18.

Based on the articles, Treloar was waiting to see how you guys performed to start the year before committing. You've taken advantage of the Saints/Dees/Suns Pu Pu Platter so far; not sure what Treloar, etc are waiting for, unless the $$ are tight.

Based on the articles, Treloar was waiting to see how you guys performed to start the year before committing. You've taken advantage of the Saints/Dees/Suns Pu Pu Platter so far; not sure what Treloar, etc are waiting for, unless the $$ are tight.

Ha ha, contracts mean something right? Both of our clubs know that aint true. Come in here a trash talk all you like, but try to be a little smarter next time...on your bike.

Stringer's certainly done well for you guys. I think he's the one you should have given the multi million dollar contract to (and bontempelli)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

contracts do take some time to finalise all the details... Even after both parties agree in principle.

Stringer's certainly done well for you guys. I think he's the one you should have given the multi million dollar contract to (and bontempelli)

I'm sure Stringer, Bont, Macrae, etc won't be short of a dollar on their new deals. We keep hearing that Jason McCartney has been getting creative with the contract structures.

contracts do take some time to finalise all the details... Even after both parties agree in principle.

If the articles about Treloar (and maybe others) taking a "wait & see" approach is true, you'd think surely a signature or two are due in the next couple weeks. Not sure what else they could want from the first month of the season.

I'm sure Stringer, Bont, Macrae, etc won't be short of a dollar on their new deals. We keep hearing that Jason McCartney has been getting creative with the contract structures.

If the articles about Treloar (and maybe others) taking a "wait & see" approach is true, you'd think surely a signature or two are due in the next couple weeks. Not sure what else they could want from the first month of the season.

I've been asking myself the same question. I've got an imaginary date of Round 15. If they're not signed by then, they're goneski.

Hi guys, I really enjoy watching GWS mature and now overtake GCS :) More so that Leon Cameron is coaching you guys after doing a stint with the Hawks.

Just had a question around this year's revelation McCarthy because I couldn't see this anywhere in the forum. How will his form impact Patton's comeback? Can all 3 of Cameron, Patton and McCarthy all play in the same team (now and a few years down the track) or do you think one will get pushed out and look for opportunities elsewhere?

Hi guys, I really enjoy watching GWS mature and now overtake GCS :) More so that Leon Cameron is coaching you guys after doing a stint with the Hawks.

Just had a question around this year's revelation McCarthy because I couldn't see this anywhere in the forum. How will his form impact Patton's comeback? Can all 3 of Cameron, Patton and McCarthy all play in the same team (now and a few years down the track) or do you think one will get pushed out and look for opportunities elsewhere?

I reckon all three could fit in the forward line. If you think of the Hawk's forward line of Franklin, Roughead and Gunston or the Lions' premiership forward line of Brown, Lynch and Bradshaw I can see Cameron, Patton and McCarthy lining up quite well with those. Franklin, Brown and Cameron all have good athleticism and can roam right up the wings; Roughead, Lynch and Patton are stronger and better contested marks, so play closer to goals; Gunston, McCarthy and Bradshaw are agiler and great on a short lead so play the third tall role.

Out of curiosity do you guys know which area most the players live in? I see Griffin, Ward and Cameron pretty regularly in Coogee

? Serious question. I'm new to Sydney. Asked the same question on the swans board. Id like to have a good understanding of both clubs, as coming from Melbourne to up here footy is about the 4th sport and you hear f all about it. Sorry if it offends you that I ask. But I'm a mad fan of the afl in general and want to improve the game in Sydney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back