List Mgmt. The Core-Who stays and who goes;re-signings and departures

Remove this Banner Ad

The very fact he is responding to BS rumours like this gives me confidence. Read between the lines here...folks, just calm down, nothing to see here, GWS supporters will find plenty to be happy about.

Sure, you could think cynically, that this just ramps up the pressure on other clubs to up their bids. I just don't think this is Ads nature at all. This is driven by him, not a bottom feeding Player Manager.

It could be just down to an average command of the english language but the last tweet wasn't inclusive when talking about resignings....

maybe im being a glass half empty guy

Honestly there's no point in him coming out and publicly saying (tweeting) stuff like that if he doesn't intend on staying. He's just going to shoot himself in the foot massively if he turns around and leaves. Sure, anyone can use nothing words like Shiel's recent tweets that confirm or deny nothing, but to come out willingly and put your neck on the line like that does reassure me. He didn't have to get involved - it's just standard media speculation.

The 3-4 players that other teams are begging for will ask themselves these questions:

Q: Are they getting opportunities at GWS?
A: Yes

Q: Are they likely to have team success in the near future?

Q: Are they likely to create a unique slice of history in a start-up club?

Q: Are they enjoying the facilities of GWS and the Sydney lifestyle?

Q: Will they be financially rewarded for staying?

Q: Will Heater both annoy and entertain them until they play a final?

See-ya

I read those comments by Treloar as about as categoric as you will get until the announcement he has actually re-signed.

Doesn't mean Barrett's story is complete crap. We may have approached his manager with that kind of offer. But doesn't sound like your boy is interested. Kudos.

For us, onwards to Dangerfield and maybe Shiel.

Club didn't tweet this part (left it at 'players') but Treloar's been quoted in a few articles as saying:

"And there's a lot of players here that I reckon will re-sign in the next couple of weeks.

"Dylan Shiel, Will Hoskin-Elliott, Stephen Coniglio are also others out of contract but ... they're going to want to be here for a very, very long time."

http://theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a...retain-key-young-players-20150501-1my26j.html
"What we're really building here is a winning culture. It's been tough for us early days obviously being a new team. I just want to be a part of a winning culture and being a part of something that we started, that I've started since I've been here.

"We know that everyone here wants to be a part of a winning culture. Like I said, it's really important in 50 years' time we can look back and say we were the ones who set the foundation and there's a lot of players here that I reckon will re-sign in the next couple of weeks.

"Shiely, Will Hoskin-Elliott, Stephen Coniglio are also others out of contract, but again I just think they're going to see where we're heading and they're been here basically since the start and they're going to want to be here for a very, very long time."

If everyone believed every stupid rumour that floated around, our whole roster is going to be at other clubs.

Notice after there was so much talk on Cameron leaving that once he signed, they jumped onto Treloar. It will just be a continuous cycle each time someone re-signs, they pick some other off-contract name and throw him around like a doll. As predictable as death and taxes.

Watching this pitiful clash between Carlton and Collingwood

If we're not better than these two teams already I'll go hee...

Taylor Adams looks the best emerging mid and he wouldn't be in our top 6

Mark Whiley's lack of foot speed been exposed a few times. NEAFL King. KJ looks years away.

If everyone believed every stupid rumour that floated around, our whole roster is going to be at other clubs.

Notice after there was so much talk on Cameron leaving that once he signed, they jumped onto Treloar. It will just be a continuous cycle each time someone re-signs, they pick some other off-contract name and throw him around like a doll. As predictable as death and taxes.
I think the Melbourne media have a roster. Treloar and Shiel alternate, but I think that WHE will start to get a run now he's back playing and Treloar has said I'm hanging around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://bit.ly/1zjM1tF

Link to Treloar video interview.

You can see with his body language and appearance (he goes very red) this kind of speculation makes him very uncomfortable.

Hopefully it's done and dusted really soon and the parasites from the media can move on!

Yeah, just saw it - he was basically all but screaming "Get off my back. I'm staying. The rest is all bulls#it. I don't understand why you keep asking me. My managers will work it out but I ain't goin nowhere"

Reading it was one thing, but watching him was another all together.

You gotta remember Treloar has a T, contract has two - the Giants have an I and that's a word that'll be repeated fairly often. Lot of work crossing one and dotting the other.

But he's not going anywhere. I'm a very happy fan tonight.

Gives the impression he is off to Collingwood, no matter what he says
If he goes he'll have no credibility within the media or the footballing public after what he said on Friday.

If he goes I just want him to go out and give it his all for us until our last game of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back