List Mgmt. The Core-Who stays and who goes;re-signings and departures

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone got the text from the HUN about Stewart?
Saw the article by Carro in The Age about Collingwoods lack of drafting Kelly (Craig) Picken (Billy) and Stewart (Chris) respective sons as Father/Son selections tonight.

Is that the article?
Craig Stewart not happy about the Pies telling James two weeks before his VCE that they wouldn't draft him.

Craig Stewart not happy about the Pies telling James two weeks before his VCE that they wouldn't draft him.
Yeah read that. I think there's been 4 or 5 articles about us in the last 2 days.

Jezza Cameron on AFL 360 tomorrow night...

All of a sudden we're media darlings!

Jon Ralph, the king of the back pedal

How that clown still has a job is beyond me... Derives his stories from scouring page after page of Bigfooty team boards (True Story - have a mate who works for the HS as an assistant editor, always sees Jon on Bigfooty doing 'research'... )

God knows what he'll come up with if he visits our board, but then he probably doesnt need to because our board is referenced so many times on this GWS thread anyway, saves him time :cool:

Serious question now, who do you think is most likely to leave (if any) out of your players uncontracted beyond this year?

(Yes we are a delusional lot over on the Saints trade/draft thread, but at least we're consistent. You should see our trade/draft threads for the last 3 years - outrageously OTT & delusional, but its all fun, just dont take it all too seriously :) )

Not all delusional but some of your guys really are silly people of the highest order.

We will lose some guys but we will keep the core guys we really want.

You guys should concentrate on another good draft heist, your last couple have been good and you have a gun coach. Would much rather support St Kilda than most other Melbourne clubs right now, at least you will have success soon.

Most of the others are rooted.

I think the most telling comment from Jezza's interview on 360 tonight was "yeah, my manager told me there were offers out there but I didn't even ask from who. I was always going to stay"

So much for the rumour mongers saying he wanted out.

Didn't even bother to ask who was offering what. Brilliant.

I think the most telling comment from Jezza's interview on 360 tonight was "yeah, my manager told me there were offers out there but I didn't even ask from who. I was always going to stay"

So much for the rumour mongers saying he wanted out.

Didn't even bother to ask who was offering what. Brilliant.
No mate. That's wrong. What the guy said on big footy is the truth, not what Cameron said. Get with it man

Guys these deals are taking time because we have so many good kids and need to find the balance between paying them fairly and managing the list.

The players know this and the player managers do as well but they are doing their best as well. Obviously some of the boys will be front loaded and some back ended, 3rd party deals will no doubt be part of a few of them.

All this takes time but whilst a torture for us is necessary to get it done.

Fortunately for us most of the Melbourne teams are going shi*house the moment and the ones that are going good like Hawthorn cannot match us commercially.

The clubs that can afford to offer the grandfather deals like Melbourne, Richmond, St Kilda, Carlton are all in a world of hurt performance wise which I cannot see them getting out of for years. Clubs like Geelong are too old and just slipping off the cliff and Collingwood and North are living in a fools paradise because neither are good enough.

The players need to work out do they want to playe finals footy and probably win flags with us or find themselves post game in the foetal position with a Melbourne team after another 100 point drubbing at the hands of the Giants.

These boys have been through too much sh*t together to want to leave now. We will keep 90% of them.

Bit tough on my club lumping us with Melbourne, Carlton and the Saints. We have made finals in the last two years and are only 2 games behind you guys. Also our core group are 24 years and younger. Just need 2 more non compromised drafts to recover from all your first round starting picks:p

back on point though. I agree with most of your post in the sense, though its still way to early to call that you are going to give out 100 point thumping's to other sides just yet, you obviously are primed to now start playing finals. I believe you will mainly lose some due to salary cap outside of the go home factor. It will be interesting to see how you manage this process.

Bit tough on my club lumping us with Melbourne, Carlton and the Saints. We have made finals in the last two years and are only 2 games behind you guys. Also our core group are 24 years and younger. Just need 2 more non compromised drafts to recover from all your first round starting picks:p

back on point though. I agree with most of your post in the sense, though its still way to early to call that you are going to give out 100 point thumping's to other sides just yet, you obviously are primed to now start playing finals. I believe you will mainly lose some due to salary cap outside of the go home factor. It will be interesting to see how you manage this process.

Mate, you won't like this but I think your club is potentially the furthest away from a flag.

The reason I say this is because you are not rock bottom (like St Kilda and Melbourne) they have already commenced rebuilding realising they are not good enough to win a flag.

Because you sit in the middle or nowhere land you still need to bottom out again and then rebuild which is going to take a lot of time.

Identifying that your list is not good enough is the first step in building a Premiership contender. Western Bulldogs, Collingwood, Melbourne and St. Kilda are doing that.

You guys and North Melbourne think you are only a few players away but you're not.

If I was in charge of Richmond I'd get rid of Hardwick and clear some players with currency and start a rebuild. If you did that now you can stop yourselves from being the next Carlton!

Mate, you won't like this but I think your club is potentially the furthest away from a flag.

The reason I say this is because you are not rock bottom (like St Kilda and Melbourne) they have already commenced rebuilding realising they are not good enough to win a flag.

Because you sit in the middle or nowhere land you still need to bottom out again and then rebuild which is going to take a lot of time.

Identifying that your list is not good enough is the first step in building a Premiership contender. Western Bulldogs, Collingwood, Melbourne and St. Kilda are doing that.

You guys and North Melbourne think you are only a few players away but you're not.

If I was in charge of Richmond I'd get rid of Hardwick and clear some players with currency and start a rebuild. If you did that now you can stop yourselves from being the next Carlton!

I dont want to make this thread about the Tigers but appreciate your feedback bud. i actually agree with you, in regards to Hardwick. The one thing though is i am fully confident our club knows where its at, its one reason I mentioned we are still two drafts away. Essentially, we started our rebuild, got rid of 38 players in two years and during that time recruited a stack of kids. Once that was done 3 years ago, we went into a holding pattern and recruited some mature players to keep us competitive, which worked. We have played in the last two finals series.

last year, we again used all our picks on kids, some with real quality and we will do the same again this year. if we can poach a A grade talent or two this year or next, we will again play finals. Also keep in mind, the year is still early. We have been smashed with injuries, the worst in the league judging by the injury ladder posted in the media a week ago but are only 1 game out of the eight, things can turn pretty quickly.

there is some real positives at the Tigers but this thread is about your blokes, so ill bow out. :)

Anyway, good luck on the weekend.:thumbsu:

I dont want to make this thread about the Tigers but appreciate your feedback bud. i actually agree with you, in regards to Hardwick. The one thing though is i am fully confident our club knows where its at, its one reason I mentioned we are still two drafts away. Essentially, we started our rebuild, got rid of 38 players in two years and during that time recruited a stack of kids. Once that was done 3 years ago, we went into a holding pattern and recruited some mature players to keep us competitive, which worked. We have played in the last two finals series.

last year, we again used all our picks on kids, some with real quality and we will do the same again this year. if we can poach a A grade talent or two this year or next, we will again play finals. Also keep in mind, the year is still early. We have been smashed with injuries, the worst in the league judging by the injury ladder posted in the media a week ago but are only 1 game out of the eight, things can turn pretty quickly.

there is some real positives at the Tigers but this thread is about your blokes, so ill bow out. :)

Can't wait to get down to the G in July and see the Tiggys Giants game.

In 3 years in Melbourne they played every game here. I move back, we play them away. Can't win!

Thank you for being a reasonable person and I hope I'm wrong about Richmond.

I routinely smashed Nick Haynes early doors and got that horribly wrong so probably wrong about Tigers too

All the best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else think that Lamb might be on the trade table this year?

I wouldn't be surprised if he puts himself on the table, I wouldn't see us getting much for him though and would think we would prefer to keep him (he must have a year left on his contract after this year).

In my first post since the Adelaide win I will Keep it simple

SIGN DYLAN SHIEL NOW!!!!

He was amazing yesterday. I dont care what it costs or who we miss out on with the other guys off contract. He owned that game yesteray. Brilliant

I wouldn't be surprised if he puts himself on the table, I wouldn't see us getting much for him though and would think we would prefer to keep him (he must have a year left on his contract after this year).

Lamb is a great kid and from what I've seen has had a pretty inspirational journey into footy.

Right now he is trying to crack a spot in the hottest AFL forward line in the competition.

This is not his fault and if he was replaced the player that came in would be in the same space.

He is a solid player and will be handy as depth if we get a run of injuries.

SIGN DYLAN SHIEL NOW!!!!

He was amazing yesterday. I dont care what it costs or who we miss out on with the other guys off contract. He owned that game yesteray. Brilliant
Unfortunately he may not want to stay.

Not having seen them live but his NEAFL output is below par according to the stats.

One year left on his deal could be a sweetener come trade time to a team looking for a small forward.

Unfortunately he may not want to stay.

I honestly can't see why anyone would want to leave right now. People are posting on the main board if an all NSW grand final is possible !!! Well that changed in a hurry. The big signings wanted success and the only thing that someone could possibly want to leave for (unless for money$) would be crowds.

But it must be exciting to play in that team currently

Not having seen them live but his NEAFL output is below par according to the stats.

One year left on his deal could be a sweetener come trade time to a team looking for a small forward.

Watched the whole NEAFL game yesterday, a number of my favourites were playing so took advantage of the "pre-game entertainment"..
It was the first one I have seen live this year so a small sample, but Jed was continually overlooked by team mates and their inside 50s didn't appear to have great purpose or design. It didn't seem like a the sort of setup that would flatter a small forward who stays home, as Jed did.
Hopefully he gets some mid time to be re-introduced to the ball and a chance to show his game off.

Also, not seen it noted elsewhere but Curtly came off with a leg injury just before half time and though he was walking around with a track top on I did not see him go back on.

Wife doesn't say a great lot about footy but said to me today:

"So if Shiel and Treloar are waiting for our first finals game and then possibly leaving. Will making the finals this year be enough for them to chase the $$ next year?"

I like it better when she doesn't talk about footy and put thoughts like that into my head.

Wife doesn't say a great lot about footy but said to me today:

"So if Shiel and Treloar are waiting for our first finals game and then possibly leaving. Will making the finals this year be enough for them to chase the $$ next year?"

I like it better when she doesn't talk about footy and put thoughts like that into my head.

SIGN DYLAN SHIEL NOW!!!!

big big sound from the west of the town that he has signed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back