List Mgmt. The Core-Who stays and who goes;re-signings and departures

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand why he isn't playing every week, since he has gone from the 1st side our ability to tag players out has been significantly weakened.
I am honestly starting to barrack for some of the fringe players to leave, just so they get some reward for effort.
He had that bad little patch of 2-3 weeks & I don't see NEAFL. Has his form tapered off that much since the start of the year he no longer gets a look in?

He had that bad little patch of 2-3 weeks & I don't see NEAFL. Has his form tapered off that much since the start of the year he no longer gets a look in?

Hard to know, I try to see as much NEAFL as possible and usually watch portions of the uploaded games but role re-assignment and just patchy viewing makes it hard to know. One of the things we do a lot (think Curtly as the easiest example) is send players back to NEAFL to focus on a single aspect of their game. In doing so you have to presume other aspects that would normally be natural for them would decline. In Curtly's case they wanted him to focus on defensive acts, which has to take some sting out of his offensive acts.

No idea why Buggy went back, as a tagger it's possible to be the least relevant player on the field statistically whilst still being being very game relevant.
He didn't star in the 2nd half on Sunday which is all I saw unfortunately.

Taggers generally mean you're effectively playing a man down to potentially take down one player, which may or may not be successful. Most teams have been moving away from playing taggers - look at the recent delistings of Jones and Raines, two of the best, and Crawley (the best) being threatened with delisting until he exhibited a more counterattacking side. Bugg really needs to earn his keep as a pure midfielder before he gets selected, or at least that's my read on it. The same applies to Kennedy, where we're featuring slightly worse defensive options but players that are better at setting up attacking forays like Buntine, Curtley and so on.

Taggers generally mean you're effectively playing a man down to potentially take down one player, which may or may not be successful. Most teams have been moving away from playing taggers - look at the recent delistings of Jones and Raines, two of the best, and Crawley (the best) being threatened with delisting until he exhibited a more counterattacking side. Bugg really needs to earn his keep as a pure midfielder before he gets selected, or at least that's my read on it. The same applies to Kennedy, where we're featuring slightly worse defensive options but players that are better at setting up attacking forays like Buntine, Curtley and so on.
Coniglio has been playing run with roles.He kept Heppell quiet while still getting plenty of ball himself.Will be interesting to see what Cameron does if he doesnt play

Why have we not already re-signed a guy like Rhys Palmer? His attitude is first class and he is super important to our team.
I think he will re-sign. There are just contract talks around bigger names ahead of him. He was also on pretty big dollars to come here and we would be offering significantly lower than his first contract i would imagine... Might be a bit of a roadblock to come to terms with. I certainly think clubs like Melb and Carlton would love to have him on their list so he would have some bargaining power at the contract table

I dont think bugg was used as a tagger early in the year when playing in the ones.

Why have we not already re-signed a guy like Rhys Palmer? His attitude is first class and he is super important to our team.

I think he will re-sign. There are just contract talks around bigger names ahead of him. He was also on pretty big dollars to come here and we would be offering significantly lower than his first contract i would imagine... Might be a bit of a roadblock to come to terms with. I certainly think clubs like Melb and Carlton would love to have him on their list so he would have some bargaining power at the contract table

There was also an article earlier in the year where he was quoted as saying (paraphrased) "I understand I'm not a high priority, but I'm quite willing to let the other guys sign on and wait until they get to me".

There was also an article earlier in the year where he was quoted as saying (paraphrased) "I understand I'm not a high priority, but I'm quite willing to let the other guys sign on and wait until they get to me".
I remember that. Was a press conference around March I think.

Never been worried about him not re-signing actually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this stage its safe to say his gone but I do think if we make the finals he will have one last rethink but that doesn't mean he will come to a different conclusion just that he might have a bit more doubt.
Watching Treloar run last game he didnt look like he was running comfortably.As it turned out he had a minor groin strain and had probably struggled with it for weeks..Fair effort for him to lay 9 tackles then.To me that shows his attitude is still good.I believe he wants to stay and when he made his earlier comments was before he got the massive offers from other clubs.It would appear theres a massive disparity between the our offer and other clubs .Really hope he stays but unlikely now

Watching Treloar run last game he didnt look like he was running comfortably.As it turned out he had a minor groin strain and had probably struggled with it for weeks..Fair effort for him to lay 9 tackles then.To me that shows his attitude is still good.I believe he wants to stay and when he made his earlier comments was before he got the massive offers from other clubs.It would appear theres a massive disparity between the our offer and other clubs .Really hope he stays but unlikely now
If he really wants to stay, he'll take the offer.

He does have the ability as a free thinking adult to not listen to the advice of his "management team"

If he really wants to stay, he'll take the offer.

He does have the ability as a free thinking adult to not listen to the advice of his "management team"

True, but a rumoured $1 million extra over five years in careers that don't necessarily last all that long... it is something that only an idiot would not think about carefully.

Then he can let the heart win and sign with us!

By management team u mean his agent and family ?.You think there having on overbearing influence on him?
He's been quoted in the media talking about his "fantastic management team" that look after the off-field stuff.

Could be old Wayne the piss head from the front bar of the Mortlake Hotel for all I know about his "management team" mate.

True, but a rumoured $1 million extra over five years in careers that don't necessarily last all that long... it is something that only an idiot would not think about carefully.

Then he can let the heart win and sign with us!
It's not $1,000,000 though.

If he has been offered the same contract as Shiel the figure would only be $150,000 over 2 years.

At the end of those 2 years he will then earn the elite cash either with us or elsewhere when the new Salary Cap is initiated.

Velocity sports are his manager. Run by Alistair lynch, ex Hawthorn player Tim Hazell is Adam's manager. Can't recall any bad Pickering-like press about them.

Velocity sports are his manager. Run by Alistair lynch, ex Hawthorn player Tim Hazell is Adam's manager. Can't recall any bad Pickering-like press about them.
Cheers thats interesting.Lynch usually comes across as a bit more of a big picture guy(coming from Bears/Lions while Pickering is very Melbourne centric.U know who else Lynch manages?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back