List Mgmt. The Core-Who stays and who goes;re-signings and departures

Remove this Banner Ad

Apart from Treloar, who else are you blokes most worried about losing?
I dont think we will lose any others of note. We might not even lose treloar.

For mine, we need palmer. Plays a role well and is needed in that forward line if it is going to play so tall.

Blokes like townsend might move on but thats not going to change how the club performs

Apart from Treloar, who else are you blokes most worried about losing?

To best of my knowledge the guys off contract yet to re-sign are Treloar, Wilson, Palmer, Bugg, Townsend, Addison, from the Seniors and rookie Schultz.

Realistically we don't want to lose any of the Seniors except Addison, but we'd probably want to keep him just to play NEAFL and help with the young blokes. Each of the others bring something special. That said the ones we could afford to lose is probably Wilson because he isn't our only speedy rebounder. We could probably lose one of Bugg or Townsend, but not both.

Words cannot express our feelings for little Samwise though :p

ETA - can't speak for the blokes; I wouldn't even presume to speak on behalf of the other chicks, sheilas or ladies.

To best of my knowledge the guys off contract yet to re-sign are Treloar, Wilson, Palmer, Bugg, Townsend, Addison, from the Seniors and rookie Schultz.

Realistically we don't want to lose any of the Seniors except Addison, but we'd probably want to keep him just to play NEAFL and help with the young blokes. Each of the others bring something special. That said the ones we could afford to lose is probably Wilson because he isn't our only speedy rebounder. We could probably lose one of Bugg or Townsend, but not both.

Words cannot express our feelings for little Samwise though :p

ETA - can't speak for the blokes; I wouldn't even presume to speak on behalf of the other chicks, sheilas or ladies.
Apologies.

Hey guys, what's James Stewart's situation? Is he contracted? Reckon you guys would be looking to move him on with Patton/Cameron/McCarthy/Lobb etc. all seemingly ahead of him?

Hey guys, what's James Stewart's situation? Is he contracted? Reckon you guys would be looking to move him on with Patton/Cameron/McCarthy/Lobb etc. all seemingly ahead of him?
Resigned until end of next year.We are hoping he can play the key forward/2nd ruck role.Showing potential but still really raw.I think he would be better suited developing out of the spotlight rather than being a key forward signing at Carlton.Thats just my opinion.Next year is a big year for him though

Resigned until end of next year.We are hoping he can play the key forward/2nd ruck role.Showing potential but still really raw.I think he would be better suited developing out of the spotlight rather than being a key forward signing at Carlton.Thats just my opinion.Next year is a big year for him though
He'd be great for a Hawthorn type of club if he was looking to move back home.

I dont think we will lose any others of note. We might not even lose treloar.

For mine, we need palmer. Plays a role well and is needed in that forward line if it is going to play so tall.

Blokes like townsend might move on but thats not going to change how the club performs
Rumour is Palmer is stitched up...this guy is on the money quite often:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Treloar was telling the staff tonight that he was going to hang around and sign everyone's stuff even if they summoned him off the field given they'd be waiting for those guys. Full credit to the guy, even if he does leave.

Here's what David Matthews said today about the Treloar situation:

We'd love him to stay, but in saying that we've got an amazing list in my view.

Translation: We'd love him to stay, but he's no more important Jeremy & friends.

"Adam's had an offer in front of him … (since) the start of the year that's really commensurate with what a lot of the other players in and around the midfield have accepted and responded to"

Translation: We don't think he's worth more than Dylan.

"He's someone we'd really like to see stay at the Giants, but if in time he comes to us and for various reasons – mostly financial obviously – and wants to go elsewhere, then we'll just pursue the best deal we can for the club."

Translation: He's not getting more money out of us, we can live with it if he goes, and we'll make whoever takes him pay for it.

"He's a terrific young man, we hope he takes the sort of offer that the other players have taken."

Translation: We're not holding our breath.

Treloar was telling the staff tonight that he was going to hang around and sign everyone's stuff even if they summoned him off the field given they'd be waiting for those guys. Full credit to the guy, even if he does leave.

Sounds like he might have been saying goodbye.

Dave Matthews should have approached him with his contract then.

Dave Matthews should have approached him with his contract then.

I said to him as he was signing my son's t-shirt "Thanks for that signature on the shirt - now can you put one on a contract. You gotta stay Adam." Others around me agreed. He chuckled. Not reading his reaction either way.

Here's what David Matthews said today about the Treloar situation:

Translation: We'd love him to stay, but he's no more important Jeremy & friends.

Translation: We don't think he's worth more than Dylan.

Translation: He's not getting more money out of us, we can live with it if he goes, and we'll make whoever takes him pay for it.

Translation: We're not holding our breath.
Danog Thays pretty much the transcript mate. No link as such.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back