The Countdown - The return of Hird

Remove this Banner Ad

Id say most people seem pretty happy to get Hird back as coach, and most fans are unhappy with the AFL, i believe what they did by announcing a Hird contract extension was a good idea and has probably kept more fans happy with the club than unhappy..

Id say most people seem pretty happy to get Hird back as coach, and most fans are unhappy with the AFL, i believe what they did by announcing a Hird contract extension was a good idea and has probably kept more fans happy with the club than unhappy..

Which is the thing that has me in the very back of my mind leave the option open Hird may walk away. Not saying he will, but if Hird went all hell would have broken loose. There are some nutters angry that Bomber doesn't want to take over. Imagine if we had the same from Hird right now. IF he announced it in 12 months time he has had a change of mind, the backlash will not be as strong, especially if we are playing well.

348 - The number of hit outs recorded by a 22 year old David Hille in the 2003 AFL season, his first as Essendon's primary ruckman. The previous season he shared the ruck load with Stephen Alessio and a retiring Paul Salmon.

343 - The number of goals James Hird kicked in his 253 game playing career. He is Essendon's 13th all time leading goal kicker.

Easy peasy

11months to go:

25th of September
Today marks the 20year anniversary since Essendon won the 1993 grand final
Essendon 20.13.133 def Carlton 13.11.89

The bombers had 7 players under the age of 21 in that team (including a 20yo James Hird and an 18yo Dustin Fletcher [bloke still plays]). The team was dubbed the Baby Bombers and after just 1 win from the first 5 rounds a premiership look very unlikely.

EDIT: EFC posted this link after i posted so thought id add it
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2013-09-25/20-years-to-the-day

Excuse me Eleven 38.
This is the shittest anniversary that I've ever seen. Please remove yourself from this forum.

My team has won a Grand Final in my lifetime. Yours has won less finals that Fitzroy in 30 years. Better luck next year champ. Even if you're about to lose 1/3 of your midfield.

The return of Hird will be bigger than..........

images (33).jpg

It's 28th of August?

doh-homer-simpson.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back