MVP The Cranium Medal 2014 - Poster of the Month - July nomination thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
Reckon this was the best Aussie song of that decade.

Didn't mind the Models before the Bolivian marching power kicked in. Saw them a couple times at the old Prospect Hill in Kew, wicked live venue.

I get goosebumps everytime I hear Quasimodo's Dream. It was great to hear Dave Mason sing it live at the Countdown Spectacular in 2007. The Reels were so underrated.

I get goosebumps everytime I hear Quasimodo's Dream. It was great to hear Dave Mason sing it live at the Countdown Spectacular in 2007. The Reels were so underrated.

At Boondall? I was there.

Yep. The weather was terrible that night, but the show made the drive to Boondall worthwhile.

Don't remember the weather but the show was pretty damn good.

Last time I saw Doc Neeson perform for one. Rick Springfield was great, looked 20 years younger than he is. Strings of awesome one hit wonders. Even Sam Fox, M, Plastic Bertrand. Martha Davis had certainly changed but her voice was as good as ever.

I got a DVD from that tour. Think it was recorded in Melbourne. Had everything we saw except only one song from Graham Bonnett. Probably just as well because he struggled.

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
Don't remember the weather but the show was pretty damn good.

Last time I saw Doc Neeson perform for one. Rick Springfield was great, looked 20 years younger than he is. Strings of awesome one hit wonders. Even Sam Fox, M, Plastic Bertrand. Martha Davis had certainly changed but her voice was as good as ever.

I got a DVD from that tour. Think it was recorded in Melbourne. Had everything we saw except only one song from Graham Bonnett. Probably just as well because he struggled.
My wife & I agreed that Graham Bonnet must have been on something that night.

Outside of Dave Mason's performance, the highlight for me was Martha Davis. As you say her voice had lost nothing from the days of the Motels. My wife screamed herself silly when Les McKeown was on & was wrapped to see Supernaut perform, as she used to know the band quite well when she was a teenager & the boys lived in a flat in South Yarra here in Melbourne.

Rick Springfield's performance of Jessie's Girl was ridiculous. It seemed to go on for about half an hour & yes he had no right to look as young as he did.

My wife & I agreed that Graham Bonnet must have been on something that night.

He struggled on the DVD too. They left in It's All Over Now Baby Blue but left out Warm Ride. I'd say they dropped it from the set list altogether. Funny fact .... Springfield and Bonnet are the same age. One looked 38, the other looked 78. Clean living huh?

Hey ODN and MSR, great reading those memories of that gig.

Don't suppose either of you ever got to Narara?? I was only a young lad when the Angels played this gig and I remember sitting up late one night to watch it on Nightmoves with Lee Simon as host. I was absolutely dumbfounded by the size of the crowd and how the Angels had them in the palm of their hand. This track stood out, was always a great Angels song but on this night it had an aura about it. Enjoy!!

Look, if you tasteless goons are going to talk 80's music like it was a decent thing, at least link the good stuff! :p

Hey Shandog, always happy to take on some constructive feedback but for you to torch the 80's and then present the above two songs for the defence is quite disturbing!! I believe the only positive point about the Farnham song is that it was written by Ross Wilson.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Hey Shandog, always happy to take on some constructive feedback but for you to torch the 80's and then present the above two songs for the defence is quite disturbing!! I believe the only positive point about the Farnham song is that it was written by Ross Wilson.
Haha I guess there is no accounting for taste around here :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back