Sport The Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't get to see the Aussies bat, but the ole 'anything you can do, our crack team of bowlers can do better' rule seems to have applied. Let's see how we go day 2.

Conversation with my Father perfectly summed up last nights cricket action.

Dad: "What did we bowl the Pom's out for? Need to know if I am going to the pub tonight". (There is a group of Englishmen at the pub that is constantly giving him crap about Australia's recent cricket performances)

Me: "We bowled them out for 215".

Dad: "Good" *Starts laughing*

Me: "But now we are 4 for 70"

Dad: "Well it looks like I am going to be F****** sober aren't I?"

I guess this is what it feels like to be a Richmond fan isn't it? So many hopes always destroyed.

Was an excellent start. Thought if we could go in at stumps at the minimum 1 down we'd be in pole position. Just sat there in disbelief as Watto then Cowan went, same shot, same result.

Another day, another Australian batting collapse.

Bump

Nice hundred by Warner today for the Blues.

Finding it hard to get used to this one day domestic comp with all the games being played at suburban Sydney venues.

TBH it feels like a lightning premiership and not a real competition. If the players feel the same it wont be good for cricket in this country at all.

I totally agree, I can't understand it at all. Apparently Channel 9 wants to use it as a chance to trial retired players as commentators, CA actually had to pay them to broadcast it. But I don't think it's good for the game and looking at the cricket board on BF many are unhappy about the direction cricket is heading, CA seem to be losing touch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back