The Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarke is also likely to miss the entire test series against India with his hamstring issues (presumably they're back-related). Haddin to be Australia's next test captain.

I was going to say I would like to see some consistency in the batting, but then I realised they are consistent. It was the first ODI performance that was abnormal.

Never thought I'd say this, but I'd like to see Cameron White in the side, say at 4 or 5, who can accumulate, knock the ball around, then change gear when needed.

Clarke is also likely to miss the entire test series against India with his hamstring issues (presumably they're back-related). Haddin to be Australia's next test captain.

They will probably keep him out for 8 weeks, then play him in a state match, subbing him out on the last day. If he gets through it he will play in the final deciding test.

Never thought I'd say this, but I'd like to see Cameron White in the side, say at 4 or 5, who can accumulate, knock the ball around, then change gear when needed.
Certainly need some older heads in the side. White might be just the ticket. I have not been impressed with any of the replacements over the past year. Hoping Mitch Marsh continues to improve. Has the talent, and, it appears, the temperament. Need more of him. His brother might also be a good choice.
Would also be tempted to give Hartley a run.

Certainly need some older heads in the side. White might be just the ticket. I have not been impressed with any of the replacements over the past year. Hoping Mitch Marsh continues to improve. Has the talent, and, it appears, the temperament. Need more of him. His brother might also be a good choice.
Would also be tempted to give Hartley a run.
Shaun Marsh is one we missed in his prime,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrible thing to happen. Almost can't believe it.
Definitely a feeling of disbelief. You just come to expect batsmen getting hit like that to be rattled for a minute or two.... gather themselves, collect their thoughts and face up to the next ball. Not to wind up fighting for their life.

Definitely a feeling of disbelief. You just come to expect batsmen getting hit like that to be rattled for a minute or two.... gather themselves, collect their thoughts and face up to the next ball. Not to wind up fighting for their life.

Yeah, just reminds you even with all the gear, it can still be a fine line.

It is a bit like that is't it. Must have just been really unlucky to be hit in the wrong spot. You regularly see Batsman get hit, but as you say they shake it off quickly, or at worst, spend some time off the ground. Not get carted off to hospital after having to have had CPR on the ground.

Just amazed, having played cricket for many years, I have never ever seen anything like this.

I've been impressed with the leadership and how Cricket Australia have handled this whole sad affair thus far.

Clarke has been a class act too.

Can we change the thread title? Just doesn't seem right anymore.

Just put junior's bat outside the front door with his cap on it.

Langer's, much to my amazement, he's leading the league in runs this year... hasn't gone out yet...

Just put junior's bat outside the front door with his cap on it.

Langer's, much to my amazement, he's leading the league in runs this year... hasn't gone out yet...
Mine is out the front too.
He's a good chance to retire on 63 next innings

Mine is out the front too.
He's a good chance to retire on 63 next innings

Ah, ha. That's great. Play Staurday morning?

I'm finding coaching interesting. it really is a very, very simple sport if you make it that way.

Gotta buy the boy a new bat for Xmas. I do like buying bats.

I'm enjoying watching him work out the batting game. He's kind of grappling with the whole, working the ball thing. It's either attack or resolute defence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back