The Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm enjoying watching him work out the batting game. He's kind of grappling with the whole, working the ball thing. It's either attack or resolute defence.
Got to learn to work the single and rotate the strike. Running between the wickets at junior level can be a bit fraught, so perhaps the get there in boundaries is the best approach for the time been.
Was in a sports store a couple of weeks back and picked up a few bats. They've changed so much since my playing days. The good ones still pickup just like they always have, but they're just like blocks of wood.

Got to learn to work the single and rotate the strike. Running between the wickets at junior level can be a bit fraught, so perhaps the get there in boundaries is the best approach for the time been.
Was in a sports store a couple of weeks back and picked up a few bats. They've changed so much since my playing days. The good ones still pickup just like they always have, but they're just like blocks of wood.

The bats are amazing. I'm enjoying playing with 'em...

Yeah, K is just starting to work out he can bat. Had an innings a few weeks back when he came in at number 4. Then, the team collapsed and were 7 for 42. He got 'em to the total of 112 somehow. The bowling was erratic but he played 'em well. Got a lot of boundaries that day. Dried up a little since then though. Actually think he needs to go out and release the pressure a little like Breust!

All fun though. You off tomorrow morning to sit on damp grass and drink weak cordial?

No, my lot haven't caught the cricket bug yet. J's got some issues with his depth perception, so not sure how well he'll take to ball sports. We're encouraging him into other physical activities at the moment... still, he's only 6 so we might find he gets right into it over the next few years. Little L though, she's got a real aptitude, so I don't think I'll be getting out of it that easy.... Might be freezing on the boundary of a soccer pitch though.

No, my lot haven't caught the cricket bug yet. J's got some issues with his depth perception, so not sure how well he'll take to ball sports. We're encouraging him into other physical activities at the moment... still, he's only 6 so we might find he gets right into it over the next few years. Little L though, she's got a real aptitude, so I don't think I'll be getting out of it that easy.... Might be freezing on the boundary of a soccer pitch though.

hahaha... that's it. Playing at home next week if ya want to meet up?

I've been impressed with the leadership and how Cricket Australia have handled this whole sad affair thus far.

Clarke has been a class act too.

Agreed. Unfortunately the channel 9 commentary team is going to put their oar in at some point.

What are the views here on playing the Test next week?

In these situations I'm a believer in people getting on; certainly some of the NSW and SA players will be traumatised and should withdraw if they are not mentally ready but I think you honour his memory by playing.

Agreed. Unfortunately the channel 9 commentary team is going to put their oar in at some point.

In these situations I'm a believer in people getting on; certainly some of the NSW and SA players will be traumatised and should withdraw if they are not mentally ready but I think you honour his memory by playing.
I'm with you Mess. The test series is the perfect forum to honour his memory. His family has also endorsed playing the game, which lends a lot of weight to the decision IMO. They might need to push it back a day or two depending on when the funeral is. I'd hate to see the funeral on Wed and the test on Thu.

I'm leaning towards the show going on. It'll be tough for the Aussies but they'll certainly have a cause to play for. RIP PJH.

I'm at work and I'm struggling to find a live stream - audio - for free. Any suggestions?

Annoying, isn't it? Paying for a Cricket Australia pass when all you want to do is listen to the ABC radio...

I'm going to give the BBC a shot.

Rogers gone. Warner seems to have decided to shut up shop and bat for stumps 5 overs into the morning.

How's watto going to go with no drs. He'll probably review something reflexively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They say cricket is dead. Well, 75% of our Indian colleagues have just downed tools and plonked themselves in front of the TV in the lunch room. Have been there since the start of play.

Love their cricket.

I would be too, except the tv in the boardroom is, somewhat unexpectedly, not working.

I would be too, except the tv in the boardroom is, somewhat unexpectedly, not working.
Funnily enough, adjacent to the TV is one of those drop down projector screens. They tried to get that working, too, but couldn't get it to go. They are all techos, too. One would think it would become a priority.

Great quote from Stuart McGill on CricInfo today:

Jeevan: "Question to Stuart: According to you,Who was the best playing wrist spin in your time apart from Tendulkar?" Stuart says, Lara. He destroyed every spinner on the planet. You thought you could get him out, but he was too good. On the 03 tour of Australia, not only did I not think was I going to get Dravid out, I didn;t even have an inkling

Funnily enough, adjacent to the TV is one of those drop down projector screens. They tried to get that working, too, but couldn't get it to go. They are all techos, too. One would think it would become a priority.

I suspect the TV has been 'sabotaged'.

I'm at work and I'm struggling to find a live stream - audio - for free. Any suggestions?
I managed to get a CA account for free that only allows me to listen to the radio. No video content

Great stuff from Clarkey! Love him

Steve Smith is turning out to be a very good player in the middle order. Hopefully a number 4/5 for a number of years to come.

The way I see it, we have 3 spots in the top 7 that are up for grabs.

Opening bat - what are our options here to replace Rogers?
Number 3 (I dont like Watson) - Marsh??
Keeper (Haddins form with the bat a little worrying, willing to give him the series though)

I like Marsh at 6, hoping he can snare 10 wickets for teh series and 300 runs?

Smith Warner and Clarke (health permitting) are safe in the side.

I managed to get a CA account for free that only allows me to listen to the radio. No video content

I've got that too but I hit the radio stream button on get nothing.

I'm hating being at work without the cricket. Even brought in an old clock radio but gets no reception up in my office.

Anyone else got any streaming suggestions/sites?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back