The Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be looking for the boundaries.

What I do like about the modern game is the protective gear is fantastic. Got Jnr a new helmet a few weeks back. Same make as what the test guys wear. That's a serious piece of equipment. I like how that raw fear of getting hurt has been removed from the game to an extent.
Chances are that if you get it past a fielder, most times it'll be four. I reckon chasing will be at a minimum, particularly if it's a hot day.
Got one of those all in one thigh pads and some gloves too. Pulling my old gear out today. Big difference from 15 years ago.

I like what I'm seeing from Marsh. He's like Steve Waugh for mine - in the sense, he needs time at test level and he'll blossom.
Big upside and looks to have come on recently in both departments.

Chances are that if you get it past a fielder, most times it'll be four. I reckon chasing will be at a minimum, particularly if it's a hot day.
Got one of those all in one thigh pads and some gloves too. Pulling my old gear out today. Big difference from 15 years ago.

Amazing the difference in equipment.

Big upside and looks to have come on recently in both departments.

Yeah, I thin the confidence he'll get from playing test will just stitch it all together for him.

I like how he bats: simply, straight, relatively uncomplicated. He reads the length really well too.

Just uncomplicated in what he does.

Could be world-class in time.

Yeah, I thin the confidence he'll get from playing test will just stitch it all together for him.

I like how he bats: simply, straight, relatively uncomplicated. He reads the length really well too.

Just uncomplicated in what he does.

Could be world-class in time.
Agreed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance they will combine the super test records with regular tests? Lillie took about 100 plus his 355 test wickets which would put him well up the overall wicket list.
No, not in yours or my lifetime. ICC don't want a bar of it. There have been several submissions over the years & they've all been rejected.

There are still some people who want the Lord's match played by the Australians in 1878 reclassified as a Test. The English side was truly representative of the country. Interestingly George Bailey, who played in that match was the current George Bailey's great- great-grandfather.

http://www.portrait.gov.au/portraits/2013.81/the-first-australian-first-class-cricket
Interesting team that one. Midwinter was "kidnapped" by WG Grace to play for his county. Still the only man to play for Australia & England in Anglo-Australian tests.

So Michael clarke needs to get the ell out of the Australian cricket team, so we can carry someone else who can no longer bat.

The streakiest I've seen Clarke before.

He's lost it. He's not batting any more he's fending, prodding and feeling.

Yeah, he's batting off memory. The article on cricinfo - and I reckon in Breting and Coverdale they have two very fine journalists - about Devenuto trying to help him find his fading game was brilliant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back