Oct 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester City, Melbourne City
Any chance they would change it?
I do hate our logo atm.....

I did love the emblem/shield we had on our strip a few seasons ago that incorporated all the sanfl colours on one side too. Know it wasnt our logo but just really liked it.

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
They really have to involve the fans more when changing things.. fans know what we want and like. im sick of people making decsions that make us fans look like crap and cause us to be laughed at and crap thrown at us by port scum.
next time let the fans decide on a guernsey and a logo. let us vote!

Apr 28, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal, West Adelaide
They really have to involve the fans more when changing things.. fans know what we want and like. im sick of people making decsions that make us fans look like crap and cause us to be laughed at and crap thrown at us by port scum.
next time let the fans decide on a guernsey and a logo. let us vote!

They DID let us vote on the last guernsey and they let fans create the SANFL guernsey.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
NewCrowsLogoshrunk-2.jpg

Edit: Obviously not my design. From the message to Fagan thread.
I really like this, from the bird to the font it is all miles ahead of what we have at the moment. Something like this on our white away guenrsey would be awesome.

matty p

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I really like this, from the bird to the font it is all miles ahead of what we have at the moment. Something like this on our white away guenrsey would be awesome.

As a logo maybe, but please not on a clash guernsey. The guernsey should be traditional and elegant eg. The designs floating around of a white guernsey with a single red, gold and blue hoop on the front are the best choice for the image of the club AND would sell the best. The most popular and best looking clash guernseys are always the simple traditional white ones eg. Freo, Port, Bulldogs.

Matman23

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I like the shirt that Nigel Smart wore when he walked across the hot coals.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
They DID let us vote on the last guernsey and they let fans create the SANFL guernsey.
They did.. and then completely ignored the results of the vote, going with the guernsey that finished dead last in the popular vote.

Mar 1, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts F.C, GWS
Current logo is the worst in the AFL, an abomination, and I can't wait for it to go.

NewCrowsLogoshrunk-2.jpg

Edit: Obviously not my design. From the message to Fagan thread.

This crow looks like it has a prolapsed anus. Possibly from playing Hawthorn. Prefer the horizontal yellow ball design.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
Must be black. Must have a body and wings and claws in flight. We are not the Baltimore Ravens.
I like the side on one posted by Hank93 and like he said change the font. It has a more realistic crow.
The first symmetrical design has too many curves and reminds me of an ink blot test.
The other 2 front on ones are sharper which I prefer but would like a more realistic figure.
I guess I prefer asymmetric design over symmetric.

Here's an example of an update of the old logo:

n0toHMt.png

(Courtesy of lmach, who made a copy of the logo found on the GPS patch of our Adidas guernseys, as shown below)
I actually think the old logo was dreadful. The current one far more professional looking. I know I'm one of few.

6BTS

Club Legend
May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, King James
I'm interested to know how many people are aware that our current logo is based on the Baltimore Ravens NFL team logo. I'm getting the feeling that some people think we made it up ourselves.

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I actually think the old logo was dreadful. The current one far more professional looking. I know I'm one of few.

I agree, I don't like the old one even though we won premierships under it.

The current one to me is too kids-y

Need something strong. I like the front on designs people here have done/rejigged

Bosley

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 9, 2008
Port Hedland
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide United, QPR
I'm interested to know how many people are aware that our current logo is based on the Baltimore Ravens NFL team logo. I'm getting the feeling that some people think we made it up ourselves.

That makes it even WORSE!!!! Bad enough if some idiot had designed it misguidedly thinking it looked good ... to rip off another team's horrible design with same thinking ... is there any hope at all?!?!?!

6BTS

Club Legend
May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, King James
That makes it even WORSE!!!! Bad enough if some idiot had designed it misguidedly thinking it looked good ... to rip off another team's horrible design with same thinking ... is there any hope at all?!?!?!

The logo is not as bad as you're making it out to be. Maybe it's not the right fit for our club, and that's fine, but the Baltimore Ravens do not have a horrible design.

aneale

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The logo is not as bad as you're making it out to be. Maybe it's not the right fit for our club, and that's fine, but the Baltimore Ravens do not have a horrible design.
The Ravens design is good, because they had a professional do it, as opposed to the half-arsed cheap knock off design team we went with.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No

And the front on one with the red footy is from the Austin Crows so we can't use it as is I don't think. Though I would be a lot more comfortable ripping off a USAFL side that is based on us ("We're the pride of Austin Texas, we're the mighty Austin Crows") rather than an NFL side

shield.png

EDIT: Sry didn't realise it was going to be ENORMOUS

Back