• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Concatenate

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Has TGO sent any sign of his pleasure or displeasure at the actions of, Jake Carlisle?
I need some guidance - a prism - to help, me, get the correct, perspective on the matter...

Good boy gone bad? Bad boy come good? Over-hyped whiner gets sprung?
It takes seismic events to elicit responses from TGO when on his annual withdrawal from the world of mortals. However as it involves a former member of his chosen flock he may deem it worthy.

I foresee that any verbal response would contain many pauses

kaypee

All Australian
Aug 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
New York Knicks and Chicago Bulls
Has TGO sent any sign of his pleasure or displeasure at the actions of, Jake Carlisle?
I need some guidance - a prism - to help, me, get the correct, perspective on the matter...

All of the above. Close your eyes and immerse

Shane Hird

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan The Cult of Robbo Essendon Player Sponsor 2016
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
I'm sitting on the porch
Wind blowing through my hair
The ducks are frolicking in the pond
But I just can't seem to care

Life goes on around me
I don't participate
I go through all the motions
But what I really do is wait

I dream about the day
When TGO returns to my TV
Nothing else is important
Why can't people see?

I don't want to go out
I don't want to drink beer
I don't want to do a thing
Robbo's voice is all I want to hear

TGO has no idea how much I cry
I never let Him know
It's so hard out here without Him
But I'm not allowed to let it show

I must pretend all is fine
Everyone thinks all's okay
But what I never ever tell them
Is that I wait for Him every day

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
I'm sitting on the porch
Wind blowing through my hair
The ducks are frolicking in the pond
But I just can't seem to care

Life goes on around me
I don't participate
I go through all the motions
But what I really do is wait

I dream about the day
When TGO returns to my TV
Nothing else is important
Why can't people see?

I don't want to go out
I don't want to drink beer
I don't want to do a thing
Robbo's voice is all I want to hear

TGO has no idea how much I cry
I never let Him know
It's so hard out here without Him
But I'm not allowed to let it show

I must pretend all is fine
Everyone thinks all's okay
But what I never ever tell them
Is that I wait for Him every day
Moving Brother Shane, you are worthy of sitting at the big table on the day when TGO acknowledges his flock and sits among us.

Montana2Rice

Senior List
Oct 13, 2015
Sydney
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Episode 21
Talking about steven may getting 3 weeks and Lewis only 2 weeks.

TGO: by the laws it's the correct decision, a guys got a busted jaw

Beaker interrupting points out its just concussion

TGO: oh he was only concussed, rightto, sorry. So, he's got concussion didn't play the game. I, I would think that most people in football, Gerard, would think, that Steven May going to the appeal and getting 3 weeks, so let's look, let's look at the final figure, 3 weeks, up against, which was an accident, up against jordan Lewis' hit on Todd Goldstein, which went from 3 to 2, so 2 weeks, so he's out for 2, so I think a lot of people in the football world would be confused with that outcome. One is an accident, and one I believe was malicious and one gets at the end 3 weeks and the other one at the end gets 2 weeks. That doesn't sit comfortably with me. How's it sit with you?

Beaker: well they both landed as the same, didn't they

T: But they're not, er rightto

B: No they did

T: (frustrated, stumbles across his words) I do know they
B: (talking at the same time as TGO, hence making this part a trial, and a minor inaccuracy or incompleteness may exist in this portion (a stutter or two of TGO has been omitted), for which I hope my brother's forgive me) they did, they both landed as 3 weeks, if Lewis had gone to
T: I know they landed as the same but that's not the point
B: if Lewis had gone to the tribunal and gone through the same thing, he too would
T: yeah but that, we gotta we gotta put aside
B: but you have to un, you have to accept the system
T: (when beaker starts you have to accept the system, TGO's at full breaking point, his head is in his hands, and now exasperatedly) no mate
B: and walk through it

T: the systems there, the systems there, and at the end of the system, as we go through all the system doors, this is the outcome, 3 and 2, and I don't think there's a person in football who would agree that steven may gets 3 and jordan Lewis gets 2, even though we've walked through that system and I know that systems in place, but there's something wrong with the system if that is the case.

B: hmmm. Even though rockliff got knocked out and that had a material impact on the GAME (yes beaker uses emphasis, stealing a TGO trick), and Goldstein got up, took his free kick and
T: (again talking at same time as beaker, im not sure anything coherent emerges, but my best translation is) yeah, no, but there's all these, there's all the
B: went on and played unaffected throughout.

T: there's. My favourite word in all this, and bob will back me up when he comes in, is intent. And I think, I think jordan Lewis had intent to hurt. I don't think Steven may had intent to hurt.

It continues, but I think, and I think all the people in the football world would agree with me, that the pertinent points of the speech have been captured, and fellow followers can refer to episode 21 in their libraries for the extended version.

Brother's this was early in the year, week 5 I think, but this, his detection of intenton, on reflection, should have alerted us to the fact that TGO had a sub major in body language. The malthouse/hird incidents later in the year, is merely confirmation of this sub major.
The speech on the system, surely that rates with some of Shakespeare's finest, such as alas poor yorrick....

Last edited:
T: there's. My favourite word in all this, and bob will back me up when he comes in, is intent. And I think, I think jordan Lewis had intent to hurt. I don't think Steven may had intent to hurt.
Good word, that.

Montana2Rice

Senior List
Oct 13, 2015
Sydney
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Episode 21 (again, mighty episode this, actually mighty 10 minutes, as it is just after 'the system')

Talking about Gold Coast Suns and drinking problem, and after having asked Marcus Ashcroft have they given up on season 2015, which Ashcroft denies. Beaker then details various player suspensions in the past at Suns.

TGO: I, I, Th, I, is it a mess? Of course it's a mess. It is a mess. They've got 26 players to choose from this week going in to an afl. This is professional sport. We've got 28 players and they're suspending 3 of them for drinking. Karmichael hunt was there over, for the last 3 years, I mean there's a lot of debate about he's behaviour, was it at the Suns. And, as, has the Suns got a, as a. Have the Suns. This is the question. Got a social problem. Have they? I mean, (head shaking, deep breath,) there's a lot of things going wrong there off the field?

B: (as befuddled as I am, surely) hmmmmm

T: im, I bet it's a question they're asking themselves and rocket's asking themselves.
(Truly, I did not omit game or match or anything after he says afl. It's an afl. That's what TGO said)
(yes 28-3=25, which doesn't equal the earlier 26, sorry, im just the scribe, I can't explain it)
(yes he absolutely says he's and not his, I have noticed it many times, and it's to the point where im doubting my schooling. After all the english language is always changing, always evolving.)

Brother's im sorry but I spent ages transcribing that, my brain is hurting. I don't think I captured the full TGOness of this, the incomplete semiwords that I just can't work out how to transcribe. And it is not normally my inclination to put notes about my thoughts, but if you don't see this, if you just read it, you may doubt my accuracy.

Moggy

Premiership Player
Sep 7, 2012
Oslo
AFL Club
Geelong
Episode 21 (again, mighty episode this, actually mighty 10 minutes, as it is just after 'the system')

Brother's im sorry but I spent ages transcribing that, my brain is hurting. I don't think I captured the full TGOness of this, the incomplete semiwords that I just can't work out how to transcribe. And it is not normally my inclination to put notes about my thoughts, but if you don't see this, if you just read it, you may doubt my accuracy.
Calm yourself and be happy, Brother M2R, for you have done noble work in the service of our Leader, here.

We must, together, pore over these holy utterances - these teachings - to come to an understanding of the message that our beloved Oaf is imparting to us.

I suspect that what may, now, appear to our pathetic eyes as "incomplete semiwords" will, with much deliberation, meditation and prayer, reveal themselves to us as meaningful communications, with as much impact as a Jordan Lewis round-arm to an unprotected head.

Jul 3, 2011
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man U, Jays, GS Warriors, Packers
TGO: I, I, Th, I, is it a mess? Of course it's a mess. It is a mess. They've got 26 players to choose from this week going in to an afl. This is professional sport. We've got 28 players and they're suspending 3 of them for drinking. Karmichael hunt was there over, for the last 3 years, I mean there's a lot of debate about he's behaviour, was it at the Suns. And, as, has the Suns got a, as a. Have the Suns. This is the question. Got a social problem. Have they? I mean, (head shaking, deep breath,) there's a lot of things going wrong there off the field?

This is truly the test to end all tests. Pass this test from TGO and you are truly a devout follower.

Zephiisdaman

Cancelled
Nov 22, 2010
Whitten Oval
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The two posts above are truly spiritual. I feel like my soul has been spoken to in tongues. Well done!
These are our Dead Sea Scrolls Brothers. Instead of being translated from ancient Hebrew, they are being translated from modern TGO slurring and pi55talk. A truly remarkable archaeological artefact to ponder over.

Zephiisdaman

Cancelled
Nov 22, 2010
Whitten Oval
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Have posted todays sermon and TGO is at his incoherent best, on page 295 of this great homage.

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea

Words from heaven

Moggy

Premiership Player
Sep 7, 2012
Oslo
AFL Club
Geelong
Will be putting Robbinist on my Census form.
I prefer Robbite.
Robbastafarian. Or Robbjneeshi.
Rabbleite.;)

This discussion reminds me of an earlier ecumenical quandary, that was decided, as The Great Oaf would surely wish, by the presentation of one idea that just went "whooshka!"

More literary genius from the GO - "AFLtized"

Needless to say I am robbotized.
How about "Robbotomised"?
Whooshka! Let us pray...

Moggy

Premiership Player
Sep 7, 2012
Oslo
AFL Club
Geelong
As a new disciple, it has been decided that part of my catechesis (good word, that) should be to collect whatever gems of scripture that I uncover in the Old Testaments, and present them here for renewed appreciation.

Here are today's offerings... May the Oaf be with you...

You know I'm a fan of the fans, and I'm talking as a fan, but this isn't about the fans.

"They're not pieces of the puzzle, they're humans of the puzzle."

"All I knew is when the press release came out last night from WADA I read it and I went 'ooh'... Did you go 'ooh'?"

Amen

Montana2Rice

Senior List
Oct 13, 2015
Sydney
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Episode 51

Talking to Dan hannebery after loss to Richmond

TGO: I, I don't know if you listen to the media, Dan, but you know, a lot of people saying (TGO in close up, but you can see he starts flicking through newspaper) 'Right. They got some issues, Sydney.' Im looking at the ladder now, if I can find it (now wide shot, looking through paper becomes more desperate, beaker looks very stone faced, peering down at the paper). No, it's not in the bloody paper Gerard what page it's not in the paper, anyway the ladders not in the paper. You're 3rd. There it is on screen. You're 3rd on the ladder and you say well what sort of problems have they got? Is it fair of the media and the fans looking at Sydney and saying 'Right. They're too, they're too Franklin centric going into the forward line.'

Hannebery politely disagrees and rabbits on about the bud.

Later, same episode, The Furnace. (12 Gold Coast players alleged to be 'wild boys', Mitchell does the needling action vs bombers, Mathew Lloyd says he thinks hird will definitely still be coach of bombers in 2016)

TGO: love the furnace.

Beaker: what happens next on the Gold Coast.

T: um, what's going to happen next? Well the players will be interviewed, by the Suns, and I would imagine the Afl, we've got a pretty strong story in the paper tomorrow Gerard, about the Afl have got (long pause) compelling (long pause) powers (long pause) to (pause, not as long as other pauses) talk to, what they would perceive or the Suns would perceive would be uncooperative footballers.

B: so there's a determination to get answers this time?

T: they want answers. I, I, I don't think it's a, er, a, er, it is a big issue, there's no doubt about that, as I said last night kids don't lie, don't take drugs. It is a MASSIVE issue, but, this is more a cultural issue for this football club. There's a lot of players running around who have taken drugs, so this clubs got to get back on its feet and they've got to determine, they've got to get transparency from the players. They're not going to get, I don't think they're gonna get sacked, give us transparency, but if they say no, no, no, no, na, the afl have got something up their sleeve. It's called their integrity department. And they'll go up and say 'hey, we need you to talk to us'.

Interestingly, now we are at seasons end, I don't recall much happening at the Suns apart from Dixon and Bennell. So much for the afl's compelling powers. I say, release TGO and we would have those names in an instant.

As an aside, another item on the furnace was 'Joel selwood taking a battering' and bleeding really easily. Seriously! Obviously TGO let beaker slip the segment in just so beaker would feel he is contributing, but seriously. I expect TGO to run a much tighter ship.

Montana2Rice

Senior List
Oct 13, 2015
Sydney
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Episode 19 - Thursday week 5 - woolly jumper weekend (how do they think of this crap?)

The episode starts with 2 sheep in the studio. Beaker rabbits on.

TGO: have you noticed anything in particular about these sheep?

B: what have you noticed? (Beaker laughing, TGO staring intently at the back end of the sheep, Beaker now realizes there is something coming which he doesn't really want to be a part of)

TGO: I don't know if I can say it actually.
Beaker now trying to avoid anything being said powers ahead manfully to try and distract TGO. It fails, miserably.

TGO: it's 7:30.
Beaker says something about hot wheels cars

TGO: (coughs) it's hard to miss them actually. They're hanging in the corner of my eye mate. They are the biggest scrotum I've ever seen
B: (interjecting) oh robbo
T: on a, on an animal
B: we've got the idea (and continues manfully on)
TGO is now laughing, and again staring, enraptured by what he has the pleasure of seeing.

Montana2Rice

Senior List
Oct 13, 2015
Sydney
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Episode 19 - Thursday week 5 - woolly jumper weekend (how do they think of this crap?) part 2

Richmond will play Geelong, we get a montage of vision and quotes about tigers in trouble and all the typical rubbish. It's round 5 guys, but hey..

Beaker: if Richmond is going to amount to something, it's time to beat Geelong. (I don't want to editorialize, but tigers lost, made the 8, cats won, failed to make the 8, but where would we be without hype?)

TGO: yes it is. Um it's interesting though, it's process, not motivation. They can't have the motivation of (pause) what happened last week. Ee, ee, It's got to, it's got to steel them, but they just gotta play better football, and when I say play better football they've got to (pause) they've got to stay in the contest. They got to, I, er, we, I often say this , I don't know if I'm right or wrong, Gerard, but you've got to do the fundamentals well. Which is, be accountable; defend; if the balls there, go for the ball; if they've got it, go hard at them; and just, and, and be mindful around and be really heavily defensive around stoppages. And then they can get back on even footing, and then maybe they can get start playing their style of game, cause what's happening in recent times, is that teams who are playing colling er, that are playing Richmond aren't allowing them to play how they want to play, which is pretty, pretty much break neck speed, use the ball, let's run with it, they did it against Carlton that first game, you called the game, they just opened up the MCG and Carlton defended so so poorly, but since then (pause) the other two teams, they've lost to, which was one was the dogs and one was and they didn't allow them to do that. So they've actually got to fight and wrestle so they can get to their game, what they're doing now is they want to go straight to they're game and they're just getting stampeded.

B: talks about Tigers credibility and how its time to beat Geelong (sorry, it's TGO's glory, beaker just boring me)

T: it's amazing, there's only, wh, ah, they're a wonderful football club Richmond they really are, but really it's only Richmond that can have a line in the sand game at round 4 of the season, and that's what it is, everyone's spoken, the coach has spoken, the ceo's spoken, several times, he's backed hardwick look at the back page of the herald sun, went all round Australia it's all channeled into a round 5 game. It's incredible, but, that's football. We'll go along on Saturday and see if this football club stands up, (now he enters full you can't handle the truth mode, he becomes fully animated, his pen stabbing at his pad, his eyes looking down, this is the sermon) not the football club. (Pause) If we're going to be really really honest, it is, it is the players, that group of players must (now the pen is repeatedly stabbing in the air at beaker) do what Gold Coast did, they actually got to look each other, and say are you man enough, really, are are you man enough, are you man enough, am I man enough, it's got to come from cotchin, and he's got to be, got to (now he's struggling for his words, his eyes are closed, his hand forms a fist, then goes to his head, obviously frustrated, highly emotional, he even grits his teeth) he's almost gotta get angry. People say no we don't get angry in footy clubs anymore, that I, er, that's a lie, cause the games too, it's too, it's too emotional not to get angry, you know, so the players wh, it's gotta come from the players, hardwick can coach, how many plan b's or c's has he got I don't know, ok, but he's had a real he knows football, (pause) the play, the players let him down, the players let supporters down, you know, oh well, we'll we'll fix it, we'll play next week, I'm sick of excuses from this football club. For three years, we've had excuse aft, every, every month we have an excuse from Richmond, it's crazy.

B: (moving on) the Q clash is the hardest sell....

Really this again had to be seen to be fully appreciated. The changes in his mood, his voice, the subtle pauses, I'm sorry I just can't convey all of that. He took me to the top of the mountain, then to the depths of the valley, and up and down again. I can only imagine what a tigers supporter made of it.

And again, yes he referred to the match being in round 4 and in round 5. I also must say I appreciated the reference to the herald sun backpage.

And, the sneaky allusion to Gerard commentating on the Richmond Carlton game, earning brownie points from beaker. One could ask why on earth he needed to mention it, how did it relate at all to his speech, but, after all, the lord operates in mysterious ways.

I imagine a hsc (or vce) student could be asked in their English test to comment on the speech, compare and contrast aspects of it, and analyse how he uses his language to express his message, but, I think more than 3 hours, much more than 3 hours would be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back