Certified Legendary Thread The Cut

Remove this Banner Ad

*Jack Grimes sitting at home*

Phone rings
Jack: Hello?
Roosy: G'Day Grimsey, just letting you know that Crossy has retired, so there is a spot opening up on the HBF for next year. If you train hard and show us you've improved your kicking, its all yours
Jack: Thanks Paul
Roosy: No worries seeya mate

Jack to himself: Well, this calls for a celebration

List Manager: [looking at Hogan's price tag] This forward is ten million dollars! We could buy a whole forward line for that.
Goodwin: There's an empty spot we've always had inside the forward 50. We tried to fill it with Newton, Jurrah, Dawes... but those were dead ends! I think this Hogan is the answer.

More to come you'd think. Vanders and Harmes will be upgraded, even Mitch White could be a sneaky chance. I'm sure we'll be checking the sums on paying out Terlich and Matt Jones who are both contracted another year. Perhaps it's time to pay out Josh Mahoney too.

Don't mind Matt Jones staying around. I'm sure there's plenty of players who went from spud > serviceable before, I just can't think of any (not at the Demons anyway).

+ he reminds me of the dude from Guardians of the Galaxy for some reason.

Take it to the trade thread please.

#MoreSimpsons

I'll get it back on track...

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't mind Matt Jones staying around. I'm sure there's plenty of players who went from spud > serviceable before, I just can't think of any (not at the Demons anyway).

Nathan Jones
Mark Jamar

Jamar was one of those worst players in the league before his miraculous development. Jones was a ball butcher back around 2008-10.

Matt Jones may as well play out his contract and just be last in the pecking order of midfielders/defensive fwds, apply selection pressure from Casey and come in when depth is called upon. Hopefully Petracca, Trengove and a recruit or two can set that up. Assuming we don't need the spot for a trade in.

Last edited:
Jones honestly isn't that bad. He's a butcher, but so are plenty of guys. Probably the best runner in the side, and most of the time he does his job.

We need to be the kind of side that has no room for him barring injury crisis, rather than blaming him for dominating Casey and getting a game.

Jones honestly isn't that bad. He's a butcher, but so are plenty of guys. Probably the best runner in the side, and most of the time he does his job.

We need to be the kind of side that has no room for him barring injury crisis, rather than blaming him for dominating Casey and getting a game.
I don't think anyone is blaming him for getting a game. It's the coaching staff who continue to pick him ahead of other midfielders.

I don't think anyone is blaming him for getting a game. It's the coaching staff who continue to pick him ahead of other midfielders.
Thats the issue though! Who is/was he keeping out of the side?

Only midfielder who you could really argue for is Toumpas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back