The Cuts

Remove this Banner Ad

He would have but the whole being injured thing doesn't help a guy.

He wasn't injured, he was pining for the fjords.

More of a general comment than aimed specifically at Toumpas. Still, he's played a couple of games for us - he hasn't been laid up for 4 years like Morabito.

Did you mention that he has been injured?

He wasn't injured, he was pining for the fjords.

More of a general comment than aimed specifically at Toumpas. Still, he's played a couple of games for us - he hasn't been laid up for 4 years like Morabito.

Did you mention that he has been injured?

And I'll keep mentioning it because it's a big deal for a young player to have double hip surgery and then appendicitis, it's a lot of development time lost especially a pre-season which he hasn't had a full one yet.

Well I still think we should chop him up and sell him as hamburger meat. It's not like he's been injured.

FFS this talk of Toumpas is so frustrating. Not every player has an immediate impact in the AFL. Give the kid some time, and a half-decent team to play in hopefully.

I agree, i suppose the majority of us Melbourne supporters have seen a few talented youngsters over the last few years show some good early form, stall and then end up on the scrape him. Which i believe is both poor draft choices and VERY poor development and club culture, which Roos and co are slowly turning around. Unfortunately past administrations have pinned out hopes on youngsters just naturally progressing, moving on senior places, it was a perfect storm for failure. We are slowly turning the corner, Roos being on for a third year is a big bonus, he is talking tough in regards to changes to the list and im looking forward to a big clean out, bring in some new youngsters maybe another experienced player in the Vince mould.

FYI, i have toump has another big pre season and has a full run at it, last year it was a lack of preseason this year injuries during the season. I have faith he will show his worth in the coming years.

For what it's worth (which is likely nothing) a guy on Facebook reckons he spoke who Fitzy's father who says he'll be traded at seasons end for whatever we can get for him.

Wasn't there a hot rumour on this board a couple of years ago that was supposed to come from Puttin' On The Fitz Sr? Can't remember what it was, but he's either a popular source for made up BS or leaks like a sieve.

Kicked ass in the preseason intra club games kicking a bunch of goals then lost his gig because he wasn't doing his bit defensively. Similar to Viv right?

Yup he found a little of it in the early games for us but he was dropped because he wasn't following the structures properly same as Viv and JKH

Wasn't there a hot rumour on this board a couple of years ago that was supposed to come from Puttin' On The Fitz Sr? Can't remember what it was, but he's either a popular source for made up BS or leaks like a sieve.

ritz_6.gif

I'm picturing Fitz tapping up a storm now. Tain't pretty.

I agree, i suppose the majority of us Melbourne supporters have seen a few talented youngsters over the last few years show some good early form, stall and then end up on the scrape him. Which i believe is both poor draft choices and VERY poor development and club culture, which Roos and co are slowly turning around. Unfortunately past administrations have pinned out hopes on youngsters just naturally progressing, moving on senior places, it was a perfect storm for failure. We are slowly turning the corner, Roos being on for a third year is a big bonus, he is talking tough in regards to changes to the list and im looking forward to a big clean out, bring in some new youngsters maybe another experienced player in the Vince mould.

FYI, i have toump has another big pre season and has a full run at it, last year it was a lack of preseason this year injuries during the season. I have faith he will show his worth in the coming years.

Predictive text, hey? Cool. ;)

Was Fitz Senior in the market for a caravan?

With Fitz's form this year, more likely looking for a tent.

Was it Taggert's old man unloading stuff about goings on in the club a few years ago? Perhaps they're friends?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Predictive text, hey? Cool. ;)

It was quiet in the office, halfway through this post something urgent came up and didn't proof read......i think you all got the idea of what i was saying o_O

Isn't Toump supposed to be the classic get it on the outside of the pack break a line and then deliver it type player

Or as Theseventhhamster said a wingman

Cuz god help me do we need someone who can do that, I thought Bernard was going to be the wingmen but he plays way more inside than I realised

Isn't Toump supposed to be the classic get it on the outside of the pack break a line and then deliver it type player

Or as Theseventhhamster said a wingman

Cuz god help me do we need someone who can do that, I thought Bernard was going to be the wingmen but he plays way more inside than I realised

That's probably because he has to or he'll never get his hands on the ball. In fact it's fair to say that most of our players are not playing to their strengths because we are balancing so many deficiencies across the field. This will take a long time to fix.

I know we are all a bit shellshocked after most of our kids develop into potatoes but even then we give them more then 1 full preseason to spud it up. And that's worst case scenario.

Jimmy is very young and needs to work on his core strength, often he is hanging onto guys in attempted tackles who just continue on if there isn't a 19 year old Greek man on their back.

But other wise he is a classy player who I think is a must keep going forward. For better or worst we picked him so let's back ourselves to develop him. He is skilful, he does have pace, hunger and xfactor and perhaps more importantly he has those things and a great attitude.

Let's not send one of the few point of difference players away that actually can kick the ball, not even 2 years into an interrupted career.

No use talking about cuts anymore.

Let's instead talk about keeps.

Daniel Cross
Lynden Dunn
Max Gawn
Jesse Hogan
Mark Jamar
Nathan Jones
Neville Jetta
Cameron Pederson
Christian Salem
Dom Tyson