FTA-TV The Deadliest Catch

Remove this Banner Ad

My goodness. Didn't the boys clean up in the last episode of Season 3? :eek: Some massive numbers and every one of the boats featured did exceptionally well, especially the Time Bandit.

I just don't believe it was merely a coincidence that after saving a fisherman's life from another boat, that Jonathan Hillstrand went on to have such incredibly good fortune when it came to fishing for crab.

It was awesome watching the Time Bandit pull up such incredible numbers. Like they said, that one stretch was a once-in-decade success. One pot had 156 King crabs in it! :eek: I didn't think so many could even fit in a pot.

Ive been watching this series for a while now, it is so spectacular. As people have been mentioning, I cant believe the ease at which these guys handle monster crabs, I can barely get small ones up on the rakes !!! When the guys from the TB pulled the bloke from the water, that was pure emotion at its finest.

I didnt actually mind what Phil did to Blake. Seems as if its a bit of an unwritten law that you just dont go giving away hotspots, besides the fishing was that good they didnt lose too much, although Blakes crew did forget how to count at the end !!!

Top show, awesome viewing people doing something I couldnt even contemplate.

Absolutely love this series. Really looking forward to next weeks episode (or is it the week after) with the behind the scenes look at the filming of it.

oh p.s. Watching it on Fox not Channel ten

And for interested parties the Discovery Channel has two hours of Tuna Wranglers - all about tuna fishing in the southern ocean on Sunday December 9, 7.30pm - 9.30pm AEDST.

Season 4 begins this Wednesday night 8.30pm AEST Discovery Channel. I soooooo can't wait! :D

Deep sea fishermen are their own worst enemy.

There was a case where one crew perished with their boat because they overloaded with fish and sunk.

They are motivated by gred and if they had half a brain between them they could make the whole thing 2000% safer.

The whole crap thing is their screwed up laws only let them fidh during the worst weather period anyway - how screwed is that ?

Worked on Oil rig tenders myself for a while which has its moments but those giys are their own worst enemies

some of us have seen the first 13 eps already. ;):D:thumbsu:
Then some of ye be pyrates!!! :D

pc040-cartoon-pirate.jpg

And so the Red King season is over for series four. Once again, great entertainment. The featured boats were certainly pulling up some incredible pots towards the end there - 148, 147, 135. Amazing stuff.

I was relieved that Edgar Hansen is ok after being hit in the head by that swinging hook. :eek: That could have been very nasty indeed. It's not called The Deadliest Catch for nothing.

Bring on the Opilio season. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks.

First episode of season three is called Tragic Beginning, and I remember an episode shown on Ten where a boat sinks on their way out to the Bering Straight... many of the crew died IIRC.

Just want to make sure I don't acquire seasons I've already seen.

Well folks, Season Five started last night on Foxtel. This time only four boats are being covered and it's the old favourites The Time Bandit, The Cornelia Marie, The NorthWestern and the Wizard. A shame that Phil Harris wasn't able to get out there again, but obviously he still has major health concerns. Maybe he'll be back for the Opilio season.

But anyway, it certainly looks like it's going to be another great series, with the Hillstrand boys already hitting it lucky with their first string of pots.

yes some drama on one of the main boats in the series at opie time.

Who would've thought watching the same stuff every season would be interesting, but by christ it is. Love it. :thumbsu:

and ep 2 or 3 of the king crab season is pretty intense stuff involving another vessel.

You people were right, Season 5 was another great season. Now we're into After The Catch. I noticed Keith Colburn was sitting right next to Phil Harris so obviously they've kissed and made up after their fiery exchange on the Baring Sea. It'll be interesting to get the low-down on what happened.

Wow just heard some bad news. Phil Harris who I'd say is one of the popular captains on the show has Died.

I heard the other day he had a stroke but reports came a few days ago that he was doing well. Obviously he took a turn for the worse. :(

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/deadliestcatch/phil-harris/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back