The Death Penalty for Chan

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrorism

You sure? That other guy said we think the world's biggest problem is a couple of tossers kicking the bucket.

I'm guessing that nothing other than terrorism can be talked about from here on in then.

You sure? That other guy said we think the world's biggest problem is a couple of tossers kicking the bucket.

I'm guessing that nothing other than terrorism can be talked about from here on in then.

Na just joshing ya. i would be more worried about some nutter starting nuclear war

But it's interesting the Chan and sukuamarian, and terror media coverage receive, in comparison to other world, news worthy events.

Almost like someone has got an agenda

But it's interesting the Chan and sukuamarian, and terror media coverage receive, in comparison to other world, news worthy events.

Almost like someone has got an agenda

Local media and politicians with agendas .... surely not?

What the hell are you talking about?

Indonesia seeks to protect it's community, it's country, from mass addictions to amphetamines, heroin and cocaine by executing drug pedlars, drug lords and others associated with the drug trade in what are basically acts of terrorism upon their society.

We, on the other hand, we throw victims of the Sukamaran/Chan cabals in jail whilst the Sukamarans and Chans, if they ever are caught and convicted, they run their empires from within jail and when they get out, they carry on their "enterprises" and all the while, the drug epidemic in Australia worsens by the minute.

We bomb the crap out of innocents in order to bring down "terrorism" in countries that most people in Australian shopping centers couldn't identify on a map, we treat the first Australians as an irritation and tell them that living on their land is a "life style choice", we sanction the abuse and harm of children in detention centers but who gives a **ck about that?

We seem to be more outraged at the treatment of drug pushers and heads of drug cartels in foreign counties than we do about the monstrous treatment of innocent people by OUR government, in OUR name so don't give me the moral compass crap.

I do not agree with capital punishment. I do not agree with us interfering in another countries judicial system. I agree wholeheartedly with people venting their anger and speaking out against what they perceive as barbaric treatment by others, like the death penalty, like the imprisonment and sentencing to death of Egyptians who hold up signs in Egypt saying, "what happened to the government we democratically elected?" but for heaven's sake, to accuse me and others of immorality for pointing out that the outpouring of grief for two convicted drug barons being put to death for committing/trying to commit what is no more than a terrorist act in a foreign country, is preposterous and hysterical.

I ask the question again: if these characters were truly reformed and wanted to take their place back in society, why didn't they tell the Indonesian and Australian law enforcement agencies who the "big boys" were in the drug empires and give them information as to the importation and distribution of these society crippling drugs?
That is one hell of an outstanding post. I wish I could like that more than once.

These guys on Monday most probably will be taken out from their cells, tied to a cross and have a 12 man firing squad shoot 11 blanks and 1 live bullet at their hearts. Not condoning their evil drug trafficking but these guys have served 10yrs in Hotel Kerobokan & rehabilitated and improved the lives of others after admitting their mistakes. 15 years in an Indonesian jail would be as good as a life sentance anyhow.

Let's hope that if they are shot the authorities don't manage to botch the executions like the Nigerians that took 10mins to die.

SEOUL—North Korea’s defense minister has been executed by antiaircraft fire for disloyalty and showing disrespect to dictatorKim Jong Un, senior officials from Seoul’s National Intelligence Service told South Korean lawmakers in a closed hearing Tuesday.

Defense Minister Hyon Yong Chol allegedly fell asleep during military events and talked back to the leader, the officials told the Intelligence Committee of South Korea’s National Assembly, according to a person familiar with the briefing.

Indonesia seeks to protect it's community, it's country, from mass addictions to amphetamines, heroin and cocaine by executing drug pedlars, drug lords and others associated with the drug trade in what are basically acts of terrorism upon their society.

If Indonesia's ambition is as you say, the starting point should be to eliminate drug-fuelled governmental corruption in their country. How is reducing the amount of heroin available in Indonesia, by taking it out of the country, protecting its community? How do you think the war on drugs is coming along? Has there been a discernible decrease in dealing and consumption as a result of institutionalised murders, or is the situation as you paint it and hopelessly out of control. At what point will the effects of these mass murders kick in to decrease drug dependence?

We, on the other hand, we throw victims of the Sukamaran/Chan cabals in jail whilst the Sukamarans and Chans, if they ever are caught and convicted, they run their empires from within jail and when they get out, they carry on their "enterprises" and all the while, the drug epidemic in Australia worsens by the minute.

What is your evidence for this assertion?

We bomb the crap out of innocents in order to bring down "terrorism" in countries that most people in Australian shopping centers couldn't identify on a map, we treat the first Australians as an irritation and tell them that living on their land is a "life style choice", we sanction the abuse and harm of children in detention centers but who gives a **ck about that?

I am also opposed to these failings in government policy, but these issues are not the topic of the thread.

We seem to be more outraged at the treatment of drug pushers and heads of drug cartels in foreign counties than we do about the monstrous treatment of innocent people by OUR government, in OUR name so don't give me the moral compass crap.

I have no intention of giving you a moral compass, crap or otherwise. That would be wasted on someone who can't even acknowledge the existence of a moral issue attached to mass murder.

I do not agree with capital punishment. I do not agree with us interfering in another countries judicial system. I agree wholeheartedly with people venting their anger and speaking out against what they perceive as barbaric treatment by others, like the death penalty, like the imprisonment and sentencing to death of Egyptians who hold up signs in Egypt saying, "what happened to the government we democratically elected?" but for heaven's sake, to accuse me and others of immorality for pointing out that the outpouring of grief for two convicted drug barons being put to death for committing/trying to commit what is no more than a terrorist act in a foreign country, is preposterous and hysterical.

If you don't agree with capital punishment, why do you argue so emotionally and repetitively in its favour? I'm not saying you and your love child Jiska are immoral. You aren't even that good. You two are amoral.

I ask the question again: if these characters were truly reformed and wanted to take their place back in society, why didn't they tell the Indonesian and Australian law enforcement agencies who the "big boys" were in the drug empires and give them information as to the importation and distribution of these society crippling drugs?

You are advocating that Chan and Sukamaran should have given up more people to be murdered, merely to satisfy your and the Indonesian government's blood lust. All of which means that you and your ilk are more amoral than a bunch of heroin dealers. You should be proud, and it seems you are. As with the drug dealers, the Indonesian government had a choice in what they did, but chose, as did the drug dealers, not to exercise it. Given the government had ten years to contemplate this choice, yet still came to this conclusion, means there exists a monstrous element of premeditation in the actions of the Indonesian government, much moreso than that of their murder victims.

That you think these murders were about stemming the insidious drug trade indicates a tenuous grip in reality, which would be quite amusing, were it not so pathetic and fantastic. Have you ever contemplated thinking beyond the knee-jerk, bleeding obvious? For instance, were your view not so emotional and irrational, you would realise that the problem with drugs is their illegality. To take away the illegality could not possibly lead to a worse situation than that which you insist currently exists.

Last edited:

Then you'd think they would be pleased with people taking drugs OUT of their country

They were hardly Mr Asia's

I give plenty of *s about those issues

but for heaven's sake, to accuse me and others of immorality for pointing out that the outpouring of grief for two convicted drug barons being put to death for committing/trying to commit what is no more than a terrorist act in a foreign country, is preposterous and hysterical.

Well knock me down with a hyperbolic feather. A terrorist attack, taking drugs OUT of their country

You have little knowledge of how organised criminals work. As for the society crippling drugs, far more damage is done by the legal drugs, alcohol, tobacco, benzodiazepines and prescribed opioids and pokies.

Don't hear anyone shouting for the heads of British American Tobacco, Lion Nathan, Roche, Pfizer, Multipharm, Jamie Packer or Bruce Mathieson to be charged and shot

Then you'd think they would be pleased with people taking drugs OUT of their country
That really is a pretty stupid comment and one I've heard often on this subject.

CLUBMEDhurst and skilts, please, try and understand what I am saying.

I do not condone the death penalty.

I do not condone Australia or other countries interfering in another countries domestic affairs because our sensibilities are offended by their laws or customs even though they may seem and are, on many occasions, barbaric.

Indonesia has decreed by law that anyone bringing drugs into or OUT of their country, dies. To somehow argue that the two budding drug barons should somehow be spared the full force of Indonesian law because they were trying to take drugs out of Indonesia is preposterous. What you are in effect saying is that Indonesia should turn a blind eye or be more lenient on people who go to Indonesia, stock up on whatever drugs and then try and take it out of the country so as to market it and supply it to places like Australia.

With all due respect, you don't get it. Indonesia does not want anything to do with the drug trade: whether as consumers of or suppliers.

You have little knowledge of how organised criminals work. As for the society crippling drugs, far more damage is done by the legal drugs, alcohol, tobacco, benzodiazepines and prescribed opioids and pokies.

Don't hear anyone shouting for the heads of British American Tobacco, Lion Nathan, Roche, Pfizer, Multipharm, Jamie Packer or Bruce Mathieson to be charged and shot

These comments CLUBMEDhurst would be better aimed at one to whom you are absolutely sure does not know "how organised crime works" or doesn't "shout their heads off" at the damage so called "legal" do to the wellbeing of society.

I have worked and still work in communities where these "legal" and illegal drugs have decimated whole families and communities. I am one of those f****ng "do-gooders" and I am not ashamed of doing good even though it's been trendy over a number of years to disparage those who believe in equality, helping the less well off, being community minded, believing that all people are born equal and that clean air, clean water and clean soil should never be compromised regardless of perceived monetary cost.

In some countries, authorities cut peoples hands off for stealing. I find that barbaric but how stupid would any foreigner be if they go to one of these countries and steal and gets busted? It's as stupid as going to Indonesia or Malaysia and getting caught dealing in or smuggling drugs in or out of those countries.

I am sick and tired of Australians jumping on f*****g band wagons and falling for most anything that the mass media reckons we, Team Australia, should be for OR against. Please don't get me wrong, there are genuine people with genuine grief about what happened to those two fellows but I reckon there are a whole lot more, who treat this whole situation as a conga line and I get so f****ng angry at the hypocrisy of those people.

I am sorry if I offended you or any other person with my seemingly uncaring comments on this issue. The only excuse I can offer is that I feel much, much more distressed at the misery, the wretchedness and despair, the terror of drugs, ALL drugs, have on communities than I do about the distress I have for the fate that befell Sukumaran and Chan.

I do not condone the death penalty.

I do not condone Australia or other countries interfering in another countries domestic affairs because our sensibilities are offended by their laws or customs even though they may seem and are, on many occasions, barbaric.
Give up mate. I've been trying to say the same things for weeks. Some people just don't get it and love to argue for the sake of arguing. Don't try and confuse them with logic, you'll get nowhere.

Indonesia has decreed by law that anyone bringing drugs into or OUT of their country, dies. To somehow argue that the two budding drug barons should somehow be spared the full force of Indonesian law because they were trying to take drugs out of Indonesia is preposterous. What you are in effect saying is that Indonesia should turn a blind eye or be more lenient on people who go to Indonesia, stock up on whatever drugs and then try and take it out of the country so as to market it and supply it to places like Australia.

I have worked and still work in communities where these "legal" and illegal drugs have decimated whole families and communities. I am one of those f****ng "do-gooders" and I am not ashamed of doing good even though it's been trendy over a number of years to disparage those who believe in equality, helping the less well off, being community minded, believing that all people are born equal and that clean air, clean water and clean soil should never be compromised regardless of perceived monetary cost.
Which is to say that you are quite comfortable with mass murder being committed. This must be as a result of of the empathy you developed for humanity when you were saving the world. My hero. Given the total disregard you show for human life, it might be best if you don't help.

Give up mate. I've been trying to say the same things for weeks. Some people just don't get it and love to argue for the sake of arguing. Don't try and confuse them with logic, you'll get nowhere.
None of which has prevented you from pursuing your murderous agenda. If you are so pissed off, why not piss off?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of which has prevented you from pursuing your murderous agenda. If you are so pissed off, why not piss off?
You're a naive fool that's incapable of comprehending English. I can't have a discussion with a moron that fails at such basic hurdles. We're done here.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-14/indigenous-jail-rate-failure-chief-justice-kourakis/6471210

I make no apologies for being straight out about all those fools who supported "our boys" executed in Indonesia. You guys are dangerous and very racist. You're adults, you should no better than to fall for mainstream medias brainwashing. You have to take responsibility for your stupidity and bigotry.

Aboriginals death in jail by Australian cops - 2002-2013 - 66

All Australia deaths by terrorism - 1974-2015 - 113

Source: Abs

In the U.S., one in 25, or 4.1%, of everyone given the death penalty is likely innocent, and that is a conservative figure. There are over 150 exonerated death row survivors in the U.S. alone. There are more non-death row cases of exoneration

- See more at: http://thinking-taiwan.com/taiwan-death-penalty-ar/#sthash.IMEcOY2I.dpuf

His 72 ladies await.

Why did the apparent picture of the post exploded backpack, look remarkably different from the picture of the brothers backpacks in picture pre explosion?

Last edited:
And it will be just as effective in curbing terrorism as invading Iraq and Afghanistan. But hey, when in doubt, just lash out mindlessly. That'll be 72 virgins thank you. The neverending appeals process will be the story that keeps on giving.

Wouldn't a lifetime of solitary cofinement resulting in complete mental breakdown be much more of a punishment? Not only would feed them false hope to poison their evil souls, it maybe cheaper too.

The only thing is eventually you start running out of room to house them, so in that sense a quick drop and a sudden stop makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back