The Death Penalty for Chan

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That woman was possessed of the most acute and discerning eye in the history of Australian art criticism. Which is in no way an attempt to discredit your spookily accurate assessment of the current brouhaha.
does anyone know the brand of thick pile carpet? I wanna buy

or, I may just go buy a few ken done murals.

Word is that it's Megawati demanding the executions take place. Who's running the show?!
Nobody! It is difficult to have any confidence in a show (we use the word advisedly) which takes a month to arrange suitable accommodation for five prisoners. They are hucking fopeless.

does anyone know the brand of thick pile carpet? I wanna buy

or, I may just go buy a few ken done murals.
Is it permissible to re-quote a post? Damn it! What the hell! Has ken done many murals? Do his talent, and that of Pro (I tend to call him '****'), know no beginning?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope they dont.

does anyone think about his partner.

it was a very selfish this for him to propose to his fiancee. I know she has free will. But this was a kinda emotional blackmail.

if Chan loved this person, he would have respected her life and her future, and known this was only potentially to be responsible for nightterrors. I know she has agency. I know she STILL had a future.

come on tho, this can only be positive when it is seen thru the lens of Chan. If we take a few steps back, this is in no way a positive thing for the person who will be in tears when he dies, either way, if she was not married to him, or just a partner. Why cant you allow her to marry someone else for the first time instead of a guy on death row. And I dont think this is a phenomenon like the americans in custody who attract partners on the outside
Why? She's about to be freed of the obligation anyway.

dont buy this. the marriage itself will take grip in her memory and cause additional pain, unnecessary pain. I feel for Chan, but this is not a wise decision for the prospective bride.
Meh, she'll feel pain regardless.

Have you taken note of the posters in here denigrating Indonesian society and judicial system? Not having any idea what they're talking about defending junkies.
I have and have to say that many of them raise legitimate issues about Indonesian society and indeed their judicial system, or in some instances the fallibility of their judicial system. As for 'them' not having any idea of what they're talking about defending junkies, are you presuming that you are in fact an expert on 'junkies' and as such determining what punishment they deserve?
Something else I have taken note of is your regular habit of blaming the US for everything that is wrong in the world and failing to back up a lot of the outlandish posts that you make on this and other matters. You are not unlike many of the other cyber heroes on BF who spend far too much time on here when your time would be better spent on finding more worthy and constructive things to do.

Bali Nine: German drug smuggler Peter Hans Naumann escaped execution in Indonesia
A GERMAN man has escaped the death penalty after being convicted of trying to smuggle cocaine into Bali.

Peter Hans Naumann’s sentence of 15 years’ jail comes as Indonesian authorities prepare to execute up to 10 foreign drug offenders including Bali Nine Australians Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran.

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/b...ion-in-indonesia/story-fnh81fz8-1227259274529

Presiding judge Putu Gde Hariyadi told a court in the Balinese capital Denpasar Naumann had been “proven legally and convincingly guilty of importing narcotics”.

The judge said mitigating factors included that “the defendant regretted his action, was polite during the trial and had not been involved in a crime before”.

He handed him a 15-year jail term, and ordered him to pay a fine of one billion rupiah $US75,700 ($A99,370) or spend an additional three months in jail.

Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran haven't? that's bloody unfair.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back