Status
Not open for further replies.

little graham

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't think he was claiming Indigenous Australians didn't exist or considering them as "bush". rather he was stating a simple fact that australia wasn't built up.

He's saying there was no culture, no religion, no art, no history, no system. He's saying there was nothing but bush.

The arrival of the first fleet was the defining moment in the history of this continent. Let me repeat that: it was the defining moment in the history of this continent,” the prime minister said. “It was the moment this continent became part of the modern world. It determined our language, our law and our fundamental values.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-is-the-defining-moment-in-australian-history

This is what he said on the anniversary of Phillips death about Invasion day. The values of the civilizations wiped out after the invasion, are better values than we have today.

He's saying there was no culture, no religion, no art, no history, no system. He's saying there was nothing but bush.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-is-the-defining-moment-in-australian-history

This is what he said on the anniversary of Phillips death about Invasion day. The values of the civilizations wiped out after the invasion, are better values than we have today.

“It was the moment this continent became part of the modern world. It determined our language, our law and our fundamental values. Yes, it did dispossess and for a long time marginalise Indigenous people.

Does; It determined our language, our law and our fundamental values. = He's saying there was no culture, no religion, no art, no history, no system. He's saying there was nothing but bush.

especially when he says; Yes, it did dispossess and for a long time marginalise Indigenous people.

little graham

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
They have cultural connections with the land and Abbot says its lifestyle choices. You're flogging a dead horse sir!

Anyway, I wonder what all those defending Chan and feeling what the TV wants you to feel, think of this?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-...ramedic-admits-to-ice-use-during-work/6365374

A Tasmanian woman has admitted she carried out her work as a paramedic and drove ambulances while high on the drug ice.
Cristy Collins decided to speak out about her addiction to ice because she wanted people to realise how easily it can happen.
Ms Collins did a tour of duty in Iraq in 2006 as an army medic, being part of an Australian Army mentoring team that provided training to the local army.

Mingo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2006
Western
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Anyway, I wonder what all those defending Chan and feeling what the TV wants you to feel, think of this?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-...ramedic-admits-to-ice-use-during-work/6365374
We get it. You're too cool for getting emotionally involved in any story the mainstream media goes with. People are debating with, and don't believe in, the death penalty. It's a reasonable stance to have. It doesn't mean they don't have empathy for people addicted to drugs and it doesn't mean they are defending what Chan and Sukumaran did.

It is also possible to have one opinion that doesn't contradict another opinion. "I don't believe Chan and Sukumaran should be shot, but drug trafficking is wrong and destroys families." That is a perfectly reasonable statement.

little graham

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
We get it. You're too cool for getting emotionally involved in any story the mainstream media goes with..

No you don't get it. People need to wake up to the s**t being dribbled to them. In that story above is a veteran of Iraq and a paramedic who used narcotics to self medicate. Arseholes like Chan took advantage of her kind to make money.

Mingo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2006
Western
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
No you don't get it. People need to wake up to the s**t being dribbled to them. In that story above is a veteran of Iraq and a paramedic who used narcotics to self medicate. Arseholes like Chan took advantage of her kind to make money.
Yup fair enough. He's an a-hole. He shouldn't be shot though. You're not going to present me with anything that makes me think otherwise.

little graham

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
This has relevance here.

10868013_887046184670928_4498862581655841095_n.jpg

Mingo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2006
Western
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
You know little graham I am surprised, like me you do seem rather left wing. The death penalty to me is a right wing ideology. Behind all his media persona's, Abbott deep down probably agrees with you on this one.

little graham

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
like me you do seem rather left wing. The death penalty to me is a right wing ideology. Behind all his media persona's, Abbott deep down probably agrees with you on this one.

That says alot about this current gov. Prepared to swim in the gutter with junkies for power. Must be so confusing for a lot of people.

little graham

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
What I don't get is there is not much concern with the genesis of the drug being pushed

Syndicate from Burma called "cresent moon". Smuggles alot into America. Reported Chan and sookermaran had previously smuggled millions worth into this country. Some old news reports saying sookermaran had kids smuggling out of Hong kong for him.

You do know that the central American drug syndicates trading in America, are armed by the Americans?

disappointing outcome, but i hope Australians abide by the decision and respect Indonesias judicial system

you do know you can buy a result in Indo courts?

It is a different issue but their court system can not be respected

skilts

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
disappointing outcome, but i hope Australians abide by the decision and respect Indonesias judicial system
What is there to respect about a so-called system run by such incompetent, corrupt, murderous arseholes? That you could hold these cynical cretins in such high regard means your opinion of their 'system' is rendered worthless.

skilts

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
Waits for Minuscule Graham to commence his celebratory song and dance in anticipation of the slaking of his disgusting blood lust. He has the temerity to look down on drug dealers. Compared to him, they are human.

hunt1234

Senior List
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
What is there to respect about a so-called system run by such incompetent, corrupt, murderous arseholes? That you could hold these cynical cretins in such high regard means your opinion of their 'system' is rendered worthless.
I could start throwing around bigot and racist at you, as isn't this the common practice on the forum to shut someone down.

Mingo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2006
Western
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
They're stuffed. They have been for yonks and the result of the appeal is obviously predictable to us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back