The Definitive List of "Hated" Players

Remove this Banner Ad

WB - Griffen - & not for the expected reason. yes, he is an elite talent, but I have seen games where I wanted the Dogs to do well & his penchant to do it all by himself, despite having players in better positions, frustrated me. Dogs fans could set me straight if I have focussed on rare circumstances, but at this stage I don't like him.
Must be rare circumstances you're seeing this, because he's by far one of our most team oriented players. Easily top 2. If anything, he passes off to players more than he should.

What is "the expected reason"?

Must be rare circumstances you're seeing this, because he's by far one of our most team oriented players. Easily top 2. If anything, he passes off to players more than he should.

What is "the expected reason"?
expected reason is nothing sinister.
it is just that often opposition players who are very good are disliked by fans.

quote="Doss, post: 26161155, member: 123309"]By Collingwood you mean North Melbourne. He missed the 1999 grand final after belting someone (Clark Keating perhaps?) in the preliminary final.[/quote
Yes, my mistake it was the 99 GF. Must have mixed him up with Cloke who as a rule I'm not that fond of that whole family

ryan crowley (holding pice of scum)
taylor walker (gonna be/is a star but seems like total knob)
maxwell (collingwood - whinger - that being said my gf did some work with him at a charity he helps out with and reckons he's a really nice bloke)
ballantyne (best thing scarlo ever did)
david schwartz (arrogant douche)
steven baker (even more after his open mike interview - absolute deadshit)
Carey (just a twit as well - amazing footballer can't deny)
wellingham (see schwartz)

david schwartz (arrogant douche)

Personally don't think he's arrogant - he has no real reason to be, witnessed his dad get murdered in front of him, his superstar potential was destroyed by knee injuries and he lost a reported $4,000,000 to a gambling problem - he may just seem that way because he's not as articulate as others in the industry.

Adelaide: Bernie Vince. Probably a tad unlucky, he just comes off a touch too arrogant.
Brisbane: Ash McGrath. Hard to pick one but the look of him annoys me.
Carlton: Chris Yarran
Collingwood: Andrew Krakouer. Big hero story for a guy who's lucky he's not still in jail.
Essendon: Leroy Jetta. Soft.
Fremantle: Hayden Ballantyne, for lack of a different option.
Geelong: Paul Chapman, always angry and seems to get away with thuggery across the ground.
Gold Coast: Campbell Brown, just wish he'd never open his mouth
GWS: Dean Brogan, only because you can't pick on the kids haha.
Hawthorn: Luke Hodge, just puts on the warrior act and limps around like he's injured all the time.
Melbourne: Lynden Dunn, for that shocking facial hair.
North Melbourne: Brent Harvey, didn't shake Liam Picken's hand on debut after the young bloke stitched him up big time.
Port Adelaide: Kane Cornes, just because his wife gets on the offensive every time a bad word is said. I'd better watch out. Sorry Cornesy.
Richmond: Jack Riewoldt, attitude problem.
St Kilda: Beau Wilkes/Maister, thug act against Daniel Cross in 2012 (love Milney!)
Sydney: Andrejs Everitt, just lazy and doesn't appreciate his chance at footy. Good group up there.
West Coast: Shuey/Scott Selwood, just for their exploitation of the high contact rule.
Western Bulldogs: As a Doggies supporter hard to pick, but I'll go with Howard if I had to. Just comes off as a bit lazy and vague.

steven baker (even more after his open mike interview - absolute deadshit))
you're talking about Baker sharpening the stops on his boots so he could deliberately inflict injury on opposition players? A dog act of the highest order

you're talking about Baker sharpening the stops on his boots so he could deliberately inflict injury on opposition players? A dog act of the highest order

Makes me enjoy the fact the Saints didn't manage to win a Premiership a whole lot more. Don't even want imagine what it would have been like had they pinched one after hearing about his deadbeat tactics. Feel sorry for champions like Lenny Hayes though, he deserves one.

Adelaide Crows: -
Brisbane Lions: -
Carlton: -
Collingwood: -
Essendon: -
Fremantle: Hayden Ballantyne
Geelong Cats: -
Gold Coast SUNS: -
GWS GIANTS: -
Hawthorn: -
Melbourne: -
North Melbourne: -
Port Adelaide: -
Richmond: -
St Kilda: -
Sydney Swans: -
West Coast Eagles: -
Western Bulldogs: -

Two players I find particularly annoying are Alex Fasolo and Tom Bellchambers. Both of them love strutting around like peacocks when they've kicked a goal and letting their opponents know how good they are, but when the opposition get on top these guys go missing and are quiet as church mice.

Adelaide Crows: -
Brisbane Lions: -
Carlton: -
Collingwood: -
Essendon: -
Fremantle: Hayden Ballantyne
Geelong Cats: -
Gold Coast SUNS: -
GWS GIANTS: -
Hawthorn: -
Melbourne: -
North Melbourne: -
Port Adelaide: -
Richmond: -
St Kilda: -
Sydney Swans: -
West Coast Eagles: -
Western Bulldogs: -

Not mincing words, eh?
straight to the point.....and I like it. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today - Milney, Both Riewoldts, Harry O', Tom Hawkins.

In the Past - Lloyd, Riccardi, both Rocca's, Jason Akermanis post Lions (used to love him.)

I know that Lynden Dunn gets on everyone's nerves. Not mine abviously because he plays for the dees, but he looks like a very annoying bloke. Got Paul Champan so angry that he tried to punch him while Geelong were up by 130 odd

Hawthorn: Luke Hodge, just puts on the warrior act and limps around like he's injured all the time.

Probably because he usually is, I think you will find with him being 100% fit this year he's not struggling through games anymore. Either way though, this is a guy who won a Norm Smith a week after breaking 2 ribs and coughing up blood.

Probably because he usually is, I think you will find with him being 100% fit this year he's not struggling through games anymore. Either way though, this is a guy who won a Norm Smith a week after breaking 2 ribs and coughing up blood.

Don't get me wrong, I seriously rate Hodge and think he's one of the toughest players in the game, I just think he overplays the limp a bit (maybe it's just how he walks) and I'm sick of hearing the term 'warrior' among the mainstream media when he's just doing his job as a defender/defensive mid or doing something that you'd expect any player to do. He does habitually stand up in big games and his 2008 GF performance is an enormous credit to him.

I know some north supporters hate liam picken

For his debut in 2009, I've never forgiven Harvey for that.
What kind of 'champion' doesn't shake a young bloke's hand ON DEBUT after being stitched up fair and square. Rubbish.

There can only be one on this list .... Lindsay "I go down like a sack of s**t the second I get touched" Thomas .... The biggest umpires pet in the game today, provokes his opponent all day, and the second he cops it back he goes down in the goal square like someone dropped a fridge on him. People saying he is the best small forward in the league need their brains checked, a guy who kicks 70% of his goals from weak frees deserves no praise, absolute flog

Joel Selwood
Stevie Milne
Justin Kositzke
Lance Franklin
Jordan Lewis
Paul Chapman
Adam Goodes
Jobe Watson
Jordan Russell
Chris Judd
Bryce Gibbs
Eddie Betts