The Definitive List of "Hated" Players

Remove this Banner Ad

I dislike Tony Abbott and the Liberals too, must be something to do with the 3 letters Lib, it's a disease

Hird, Watson, Heppell, Hurley, Kommer, Bomber Thompson, Dale Thomas, Lindsay Thomas, Swallow family, Richmond's midfield, forwardline and backline, Joel Selwood, Steve Johnson, Geelong Motlop, Stokes, Bartel, Chapman, Enright, Chris Scott, Brad Scott, Brad Ebert, Goddard, Stanton, Winderlich, Hodge, Popolopo, Didak, Koby Stevens, Bootsma, Mclean, Cale Morton, Melbourne Clark and possibly Michael Walters.

Hird, Watson, Heppell, Hurley, Kommer, Bomber Thompson, Dale Thomas, Lindsay Thomas, Swallow family, Richmond's midfield, forwardline and backline, Joel Selwood, Steve Johnson, Geelong Motlop, Stokes, Bartel, Chapman, Enright, Chris Scott, Brad Scott, Brad Ebert, Goddard, Stanton, Winderlich, Hodge, Popolopo, Didak, Koby Stevens, Bootsma, Mclean, Cale Morton, Melbourne Clark and possibly Michael Walters.

:eek: What did Koby do wrong!
And what do you mean, possibly Michael Walters :p

Hayden Ballantyne, Ryan O'Keefe, Buddy Franklin, Heath Shaw, Leroy Jetta, Campbell Brown, Joel Selwood, Daniel Merrett, Mitch Clark, Steve Johnson

Don't hate any players, dislike a few though.....

Lovett, Krakouer, Bock, Sylvia, Jurrah
Giansiracusa, Campbell Brown, Jordie McKenzie, Crowley, Lumumba, Goodes A
Didak & Licuria

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunn is easily the most hated at Melbourne by non-melbourne fans

Have to admit that I didn't realise that Daniel Merrett was 'hated'.
Nor me. He's probably my favourite Lions player.

One premiership 60 years ago would suggest otherwise.
Premierships =/= great footballers. The Dogs have 10 Brownlows to North's 5, just as a small example. Although I'm sure every one of those Dogs players would trade their Brownlows for a flag.

One premiership 60 years ago would suggest otherwise.
Twice the Brownlow Medals in the cabinet at the WO would suggest I'm correct.
Bugs me how North supporters try to differentiate their club from any of the other so called 'minnows'.
Really, when it comes to the Dogs and North, it's comparing apples and apples.

Premierships =/= great footballers. The Dogs have 10 Brownlows to North's 5, just as a small example. Although I'm sure every one of those Dogs players would trade their Brownlows for a flag.

Twice the Brownlow Medals in the cabinet at the WO would suggest I'm correct.
Bugs me how North supporters try to differentiate their club from any of the other so called 'minnows'.
Really, when it comes to the Dogs and North, it's comparing apples and apples.

Brownlow medal count is a s**t defence. McKernan was extremely stiff in 1996, and Carey is the greatest ever and probably deserved 3 or 4 himself yet has none. At the same time Dunstall was easily the best player in 1992 yet Wynd took the medal.

Brownlow medal count is a s**t defence. McKernan was extremely stiff in 1996, and Carey is the greatest ever and probably deserved 3 or 4 himself yet has none. At the same time Dunstall was easily the best player in 1992 yet Wynd took the medal.
It's a way to show that the Bulldogs have had more INDIVIDUAL success over the years. And I definitely agree with McKernan, but in the same vein, Grant should have won a Brownlow for us. But even if Carey had won 4 Brownlows, then we'd still have one more Brownlow than North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back