The Detroit Pistons thread - Where Motown is being rebuilt by forming a f'in wall, that's all we do

Remove this Banner Ad

TBH, I've kind of moved on to supporting the Grizzlies. Made the decision in during the off-season, after having a soft spot for them for a few years now. Just keeping an eye on the Pistons ATM for the Smith lulz.

Well the "Grit 'n Grind" ethos is very similar to that of the "Let's go to work" Pistons. Still, feel free to drop in to talk all things Smiffy.

Bucks visit the Palace tomorrow. Won't get too many better opportunities to get 1 game under .500 than this. Hopefully we can get a winning streak going.

The big question is whether SVG will stick with starting Smith, Monroe & Drummond?

Last edited:
I dont think the big 3 will start, I think it was just with Melo starting and him wanting to start Smith at SF. We really need a SF though, Singler and Butler is just a shocking rotation.

I dont think the big 3 will start, I think it was just with Melo starting and him wanting to start Smith at SF. We really need a SF though, Singler and Butler is just a shocking rotation.

Cartier Martin has plantar fascia, could be a while before he is back.

With Martin out would Jerebko be worth giving a shot at the 3 or would that work out just as bad?

SVG is focused on the long term, the defence is sketchy but it's because he's teaching the team to play it properly. If Drummond learns the system and the players around him do the same then the Pistons will have the lane clogged up tighter than after eating a bucket of gummy bears.

Josh Smith watch

Today - 5/14 from the field, including 1/5 from outside 10 feet and 0/2 from downtown. 4/10 from the free throw line too.

Season, through 5 games - 27/84 from the field (.321), 9/37 from outside 10 feet (.243), and 0/9 from downtown. He's 17/35 (.486) from the free throw line, too.

Keep on chuckin'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't get to watch the game today, any reason why Joel Anthony played? And Drummond and Monroe only played like 26 minutes?

Didn't get to watch the game today, any reason why Joel Anthony played? And Drummond and Monroe only played like 26 minutes?
Not too sure, only managed to catch the second and third quarters. Monroe wasn't playing well but I'm not sure about Drummond.

Reading on RealGM that Drummond didn't play particularly well, wasn't putting in enough effort defensively either. It appears he's had a slow start to the season under SVG. Jennings on the other hand has been playing like a proper, pass first PG.

Yeah Drummond hasnt had a good start, but I think he will lift as the season goes on. His post game has definitely improved though.

Jennings first 2 games were poor, but thats because he was being really passive and just trying to set the offense up. Sine then he's started being more aggressive and has lifted.

KCP has been playing well lately too

Only got to see the last quarter of the game against the Bucks but Smith actually a had a big hand in the win in crunch time. Blocked a shot which started a fast break for a KCP layup and then got the putback on KCP's horrible midrange jumpshot.

Only got to see the last quarter of the game against the Bucks but Smith actually a had a big hand in the win in crunch time. Blocked a shot which started a fast break for a KCP layup and then got the putback on KCP's horrible midrange jumpshot.
Will never question Smith defensively. Great help defender.

Yeah obviously Smiths shooting has been horrible, although it's not just his outside shooting that has been off, he's just in a general slump and missing alot of inside shots he'd normally make.

His other stats have been great though, 8 boards, 4.4 assists, 1.2 steals and 1.6 blocks all while playing good D. I cant stand some of his shot selection, but I'm happy with the other areas of his game so far. I mean, theres no way he will shoot 32% all year.

Saw this on RealGM...

Top Ten List of Things Josh Smith Has Been Accused Of by Pistons Fans

10. Caused Joe Dumars weight gain by deep frying Twinkies for him.
9. Last person seen with Jimmy Hoffa before he disappeared.
8. Conspired with Yoko Ono to break up the Beatles.
7. Told Donald Sterling to trust his heart and follow his Johnson.
6. Ran through the Palace yelling, "Ebola outbreak! Ebola outbreak!"
5. Told George W. Bush he had seen weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
4. Designed the Pistons teal uniforms.
3. Was Donald Trump's hairdresser who convinced him that the comb-over was a good look for him.
2. Had a grudge against rappers Tupac Shakur and the Notorious B.I.G.
1. Told Stan Van Gundy to stop being so positive about the team.

1a. It was Josh Smith on the grassy knoll who thought he was pheasant hunting... he never could shoot straight!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back