The Detroit Pistons thread - Where Motown is being rebuilt by forming a f'in wall, that's all we do

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else think Draymond Green would be a very very good pick up as a Free Agent, he is restricted so GSW can match, but he's also a Detroit local.

Anyone else think Draymond Green would be a very very good pick up as a Free Agent, he is restricted so GSW can match, but he's also a Detroit local.

He's been playing very well. I know one of the Piston blogs was very disappointed when he didn't fall to us in the 2012 draft (He was taken at 35 & we had picks at 39 [Middleton] and 44 [English]).

But to be honest I don't know why too many players would come to us at the moment apart from money. This team is already making me miserable.

I think what people are forgetting about Drummond is that given his age (born August 10, 1993), he could still realistically be a Junior in college. Even though he spent one year at Connecticut, he was the same age or younger on draft day (18 years, 10 months, 19 days) as a lot of the prep-to-pro guys from the late '90s/early 2000s. He's far from the finished product, so I wouldn't go writing him off just yet.

I think what people are forgetting about Drummond is that given his age (born August 10, 1993), he could still realistically be a Junior in college. Even though he spent one year at Connecticut, he was the same age or younger on draft day (18 years, 10 months, 19 days) as a lot of the prep-to-pro guys from the late '90s/early 2000s. He's far from the finished product, so I wouldn't go writing him off just yet.

I don't think anyone on here is writing him off yet, just hard to watch the great white hope of this poor team struggle so badly early in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who we gonna draft? Oubre, Winslow and Dekker are the top rated SFs in the draft. All would be an improvement on Smith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back