The Dockers will win their first premiership in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our best player is 23 though. Recon he might carry us for a bit after the old blokes leave.

No doubt Fyfe is a star and will be a gun for years to come but it takes more than 1 player to win a premiership.

Looking at Freo's side McPharlin (gun chb), Pavlich (gun ff), Sandilands (gun ruck) are all 33-34 years old and coming closer to the end than the start.
Take these 3 players out of Freo's side and I doubt you beat a Hawthorn or a Sydney.

No doubt Fyfe is a star and will be a gun for years to come but it takes more than 1 player to win a premiership.

Looking at Freo's side McPharlin (gun chb), Pavlich (gun ff), Sandilands (gun ruck) are all 33-34 years old and coming closer to the end than the start.
Take these 3 players out of Freo's side and I doubt you beat a Hawthorn or a Sydney.
It takes more than 1 to win a flag but if you lose 3 you've got no chance? Free agency has opened things up a bit. We will lose them, but Hawks will loose Mitchell and Hodge very soon too. Swans won't be too far behind with Goodes, Teddie, McVeigh, Pyke all getting on.

McPharlin hasn't player for two weeks and we have played without Pav and Sandi for long periods over the last two seasons. We're not as old as everybody makes out, just three of our guns are. Geelong are still far worse off since they had their whole side come through at the same time. Won them three flags though so I doubt they are complaining.

As you'd expect. Look at the age gap. Having said that bonts does get hyped up

Yes there is a lot of hype, but remember Fyfe was hyped too at the same age.

As for Fyfe schooling Bontempelli - One is 23 and plays his 100th game on the weekend. The other is 19 and will play his 23rd. It's a good sign Bontempelli is starting to get comments like that, people are forgetting he's a kid.

You think a team was clearly superior despite the match being even with 10 minutes to go.

State your case however you like, its a weak one no matter what stats you bring up

I'll let Ross Lyon explain why the scoreboard flattered you guys

"Ross Lyon post-match Q & A: round 7

You were on top early but seemed to lose a little bit of crispness in the second quarter?

They came at us a bit but we had 63 entries to 46. It’s a big differential. In the last quarter, when the game was there to be won, we had 18 to 10. They just got out the back on us a little bit. They kicked very accurately. What did they kick, 14.4? You don’t do that too often. That was a little bit about getting out the back and allowing them to get to a couple of quality spots. We’ve kicked over 100 and when the game was up for grabs, I thought we could’ve scored a bit more. They were quite accurate. They lifted their intensity. There was a fair bit of a rub of the green that could’ve gone our way but it didn’t for a fair portion of the day, but sometimes that happens."

Just got great depth and classy players over the whole ground. Well coached, and injuries have been kind to them so far. With Port Adelaide and Hawthorn stumbling early, the Dockers should be short-priced favourites to take their first ever flag.

I know everyone will say you dont win the premiership in May, but they will in September this year, as much as i hate to say it.

Cool story.

They'll be able to rest players like the Cats did in '11, while the Hawks won't be able to. Huge chance this year, and it must be this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Window well and truly open.
Not sure how long it will remain open with some of their best players ageing...
But this season is their best chance.
If they finish top 2 might as well lock them into a GF berth.

I tipped them to finish top two pre-season. I still think they will be the minor prems. What I didn't expect and what is looking more like a possibility is that they might get Hawthorn in week 1....

They got to the GF in 2013 on the back of momentum which was built after an underdog win against Geelong. The only time they had to deal with massive pressure, favouritism and genuine expectation in that final series was come the Grand Final - the purple juggernaut was widely tipped as unstoppable - and they failed. Bottled it.

If they are minor premiers this year, the pressure and expectation will be at a fever pitch, home and in Melbourne. Far greater than they experienced in 2013. If they land Hawthorn (or Sydney) in week 1, look out. Both teams will have under performed to finish 4th and know this time of year better than anyone. Huge potential banana peel.

All I'm saying is that for this team, finishing 1st is far far away from 'locking' into a GF berth.

I tipped them to finish top two pre-season. I still think they will be the minor prems. What I didn't expect and what is looking more like a possibility is that they might get Hawthorn in week 1....

They got to the GF in 2013 on the back of momentum which was built after an underdog win against Geelong. The only time they had to deal with massive pressure, favouritism and genuine expectation in that final series was come the Grand Final - the purple juggernaut was widely tipped as unstoppable - and they failed. Bottled it.

If they are minor premiers this year, the pressure and expectation will be at a fever pitch, home and in Melbourne. Far greater than they experienced in 2013. If they land Hawthorn (or Sydney) in week 1, look out. Both teams will have under performed to finish 4th and know this time of year better than anyone. Huge potential banana peel.

All I'm saying is that for this team, finishing 1st is far far away from 'locking' into a GF berth.

Rewriting history again. We were never favourite, just because some media ppl raved about our pressure and praised U.S. Doesn't mean the Hawks weren't the favourites. Some early money came for us but I monitored the odds all week and we were always the outsider.

The only time they had to deal with massive pressure, favouritism and genuine expectation in that final series was come the Grand Final - the purple juggernaut was widely tipped as unstoppable - and they failed. Bottled it.
Hawthorn fans seem to live in this sad little world where no one gives them enough attention, and have a massive chip on their shoulder about the certain times they didn't get heaped with praise. What's the deal?

Hawthorn were outright favourites with everyone in 2013. Bookies, tipsters, expert commentators.

The huge banana peel here is the past is irrelevant to what happens right now.

Freo were never favourites for the 2013 GF either. People just got caught up in the romanticism of a perennial under-achieving underdog actually making the Grand Final. Freo's performance for its first grand final was poor and the bookies favourite deservedly won the premiership.

Hawthorn fans seem to live in this sad little world where no one gives them enough attention, and have a massive chip on their shoulder about the certain times they didn't get heaped with praise. What's the deal?

Hawthorn were outright favourites with everyone in 2013. Bookies, tipsters, expert commentators.
One thing I have noticed about us is that we will often play down any sort of praise we get, but the moment we don't get it, we get quite annoyed.

Having said that, all though we were favourites with the bookies in the 2013 GF, many tipsters and so called experts tipped you guys.

One thing I have noticed about us is that we will often play down any sort of praise we get, but the moment we don't get it, we get quite annoyed.

Having said that, all though we were favourites with the bookies in the 2013 GF, many tipsters and so called experts tipped you guys.

We played very ordinary football, didn't get any luck and lost by less than 3 goals. That wouldn't indicate too many cracks in the gameplan.

How good is their injury list at the moment, RTB has clearly sacrificed in a manner that pleases the Gods.

The gods were indeed well pleased with Lord Ross's sacrifices

ryan-crowley.png

SYLVIA%20Colin.png

It was a GF so it's expected to be close with many tipsters tipping either team, the majority still tipped the Hawks.

http://resources.news.com.au/files/2013/09/27/1226728/296922-hs-file-grand-final-tips-2013.pdf

No need to be a dick mate. I don't care who was favourite, I must of remembered it wrong, I apologise for offending you.

Point stands. Finishing first this year far from 'locks' a team into a GF berth. Do you disagree?

The huge banana peel here is the past is irrelevant to what happens right now.

Freo were never favourites for the 2013 GF either. People just got caught up in the romanticism of a perennial under-achieving underdog actually making the Grand Final. Freo's performance for its first grand final was poor and the bookies favourite deservedly won the premiership.

Arguing who was actually favourite or who tipped who is missing my point. Freo had nothing to lose against the Cats and killed it, they cruised past Sydney and then had a huge weight of expectation and not even the most ardent Freo fan can argue they handled that pressure well, particularly in the first quarter.
Its not a knock on the team, just an observation that the pressure on them will be ten-fold this year, particularly if they win the minor premiership. Im not saying they cant handle it - its not been an issue so far - more that they haven't yet proved they can. And cant until the time comes.

Also, in previous years, fourth hasnt really been up to the task. In 2012 Collingwood weren't really up to it and in 2013 and 2014 Sydney and Fremantle limped to fourth and never really had it in them. This year its possible that Hawthorn might finish 4th and I still rate my team as a chance to shake things up if they do.

Im just saying that 1st wont mean a gf lock. Thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back