The 'Doesn't Quite Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His team mates say Modra was one of those people who are good at everything, if the players had a game of pool, darts, soccer etc. Modra would win. He was a gifted athlete. I think if he took a swing at blight, it would be more than a swing and we would have known about it by how blights head looked at his next media gig.

I always thought the rumour was their was a Carey like incident with a team mates wife. Or just his off field behaviour, legend has it he was at a nightclub one night and got up on a podium and took a piss on a couple of school girls who were trying to get him to go home with them. It's unclear if that was his way of saying "no" or "yes"

Perhaps he was just kicking off proceedings early and they took it the wrong way...

The cuff links for my wedding arrived yesterday.

yhOFN2am.jpg

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-06/your-clubs-veterans-still-kicking-or-on-the-wane

The best vet: Scott Thompson (32) Any suggestion of retirement has been smashed back at his doubters. Thompson has been one of the club's best players in each of his three games this year and leads the competition for contested possessions and clearances per game. Hamstring issues hampered the back end of his 2014 campaign and held him out until round three, but if the form he's shown since holds up another contract might be on the horizon.

On the wane: James Podsiadly (33) Fell down the pecking order at West Lakes behind Josh Jenkins in attack and Kyle Hartigan in defence but would have likely played last week if he hadn't suffered a fractured back in the SANFL a few weeks ago. He's set for another fortnight on the sidelines and although 2015 looks certain to be J-Pod's last year in the AFL, he'll likely add to his games tally before the year's end.

The others: Defender Brent Reilly (31) is the club's only other player over 30 and after a serious head injury earlier this year his career appears over. Reilly fell out of the side's best 22 last year and needed a big 2015 season to earn a new playing contract. Unfortunately a freak training accident saw the 203-gamer fracture his skull in January and his health has been his – and the club's – only concern since. – Harry Thring

You serious?

You think someone Depressed and suicidal is automatically violent and agressive?

Put the bong down, you've been working it too hard

No, nobody depressed and suicidal has ever done anything violent and aggressive ... where does the term "going postal" come from again?

Congrats. Hope the wedding was properly planned (not the same day as a Crows game).
Thanks, it has worked out quite well (the date was set about 2 years ago so had no control over whether we were playing), married on the Saturday, go see Crows v Cats on the Sunday :)

Thanks, it has worked out quite well (the date was set about 2 years ago so had no control over whether we were playing), married on the Saturday, go see Crows v Cats on the Sunday :)
You've gotten lucky. Surely weddings are between October & March only though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've gotten lucky. Surely weddings are between October & March only though.
The trouble with that is that we wanted our honeymoon to be during summer in the northern hemisphere, which means a winter wedding.

Our last overseas trip was in 2012 and I was away for the first two finals. We were originally going away for 6 weeks so we planned it for July so we'd be back 2 weeks before finals.

Ended up buying a house and stuff so have cut it to 3 weeks which works really well as I only end up missing 1 home game.
I get to go to the Geelong game the day after, then leave for the trip. I miss an away game against West Coast, the away Showdown, and then home against Gold Coast.

Also, if anyone knows a place I can watch the games in Tokyo (preferably in the vicinity of Shinjuku), please let me know!
There was an Aussie Bar down the back streets of Roppongi which showed games, there's another not to far either. Will try and find the name

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430983457.185459.jpg

Does anyone know, when we had and why did we stop having the SANFL logo on the back of ur guernsey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back