Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
It still bugs me to this day that Tippett came out and blamed the AFC while never taking any blame or giving any blame to his manager. I get the feeling his old man tried to throw his weight around by hiring a lawyer and making threats and as a result of this, shot his own son in the foot in the process.
And didn't Tippett get a slightly harsher whack from the AFL because he refused to accept any responsibility for the entire mess?

robboaustralia

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool, San Antonio Spurs
So anyone heard who won the 5AA fishing trip with Danger competition? Has it been canned? Is the person a crows supporter?

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
You are talking about the situation that brought the original deal to the surface? Trigg was overseas (both times actually!). I think the Blucher/Tippett camp had told Sydney about this "clause" (that Trigg believed to have been dealt with). Blucher and the Sydney CEO (ex partners) were thick as thieves and Sydney felt they could get Tippett for nothing (much like Geelong thought with Dangerfield!). When Sydney wouldn't offer up anything but pick 23 and Jessie ******* White, it was obvious something was up. Harps rang Trigg and told him and Trigg rang Blucher and that's when he found out this "clause" was still in play as far as the Tippetts were concerned. Trigg told the board and they believed the only thing they could do was tell the AFL.

That's too unbelievable for words. Disney levels of suspension of disbelief required

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
I don't recall this being a part of our many discussions - is this true? I thought he was liable insofar as the cover-up afterwards, did he seriously okay that contract when Reid presented it to him?

No wonder the board didn't want to fire Trigg, the chairman is the one who put him in the canoe near s**t Creek without a means of conveyance.
Uh uh.

Reid did the original dodgy contract solo but only because he was given so much leg rope by Trigg. Just get the deals done, don't bother me with the details...

Once Trigg realised what had happened he couldn't tell the Board because he'd have to let on that he was barely across something that falls under his area of responsibility and had left the club open to a rule breach.

The non-written rescinding of the deal suited Trigg too. He didn't want the board to find out what he'd let happen.

Tried to keep the whole affair off the books.

Sep 17, 2010
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Dragons FFC
Uh uh.

Reid did the original dodgy contract solo but only because he was given so much leg rope by Trigg. Just get the deals done, don't bother me with the details...

Once Trigg realised what had happened he couldn't tell the Board because he'd have to let on that he was barely across something that falls under his area of responsibility and had left the club open to a rule breach.

The non-written rescinding of the deal suited Trigg too. He didn't want the board to find out what he'd let happen.

Tried to keep the whole affair off the books.
He wasn't very successful at that then, was he?

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
He wasn't very successful at that then, was he?
Somehow the media got hold of it.

That's when it got raised at Board level and Trigg had to admit that the clause did exist as it was the only way to get Tippett to re-sign.

How the media got word of it is interesting. There is one theory that blabbermouth Rendell was the one who spilled the beans in his typical fashion which was the 'real' reason he was turfed after the one white parent comment.

Sep 17, 2010
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Dragons FFC
Somehow the media got hold of it.

That's when it got raised at Board level and Trigg had to admit that the clause did exist as it was the only way to get Tippett to re-sign.

How the media got word of it is interesting. There is one theory that blabbermouth Rendell was the one who spilled the beans in his typical fashion which was the 'real' reason he was turfed after the one white parent comment.
I thought it came out of the blucher camp?

Jun 17, 2008
East Falafel Town
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
That's too unbelievable for words. Disney levels of suspension of disbelief required
which part? It lines up with the whole "gentlemen's' agreement" that Trigg kept going on about. Putting it in writing and expecting that Blucher/Tippett wouldn't try to rely on it was idiotic. As was trying to undo it verbally.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I thought it came out of the blucher camp?
That was later, leading up to the 2012 trade period when it all went pear-shaped

The initial leak was about 18 months before that when Caroline Wilson (I think?) first gave a hint about the 'traded for a second round pick" thing

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes but with the minds we have access to, we shouldn't be out-lawyers by a player's dad, regardless of who he is.

Exactly

There is precisely zero evidence that there was ever a gentlemens agreement, zero evidence that trigg "tried" to cancel it verbally, and zero basis for why a supposedly competent executive would think you can cancel written contracts verbally.

there is clear evidence we entered into an illegal deal, put it writing, and left it like that.

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Exactly

There is precisely zero evidence that there was ever a gentlemens agreement, zero evidence that trigg "tried" to cancel it verbally, and zero basis for why a supposedly competent executive would think you can cancel written contracts verbally.

there is clear evidence we entered into an illegal deal, put it writing, and left it like that.
The flaw in your logic

Am I reading right...Wright could still be Rookie listed by us???? WTF

bysd73WpUm6Zwgi_wSVq0QSfBtsJZT7bUOfJgsXuOzeE_Wwxlsird0VeRYiGDsTeHX0E_Q6K=w320-h218-nc

Jun 17, 2008
East Falafel Town
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Exactly

Trigg's failure to document any of his actions supports this view - that means he lied to the AFC board as well?

Dec 18, 2007
Arcadia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks
90's week on fox footy this week.

the entire 1997 finals series is being shown later in the week. recommended viewing for everyone

libba.jpg

This is what annoys me about the Bulldogs players who say it was definitely a goal. When do you ever see players sweating on an umpire's decision like this when it is definitely a goal. You can just see them wishing for it to be called a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back