The Doig.

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's the top 10 re-arranged in order of votes per game.

Fyfe - 14.15
Hill - 11.9
Sandi - 10.91
Barlow - 10.8
Ballas - 10.45
Johnno - 9.94
Mundy - 9.12
Sutty - 8.25
Spurr - 8.04
D Pearce - 7.92

My thoughts:

• Massive gap between Fyfe and the rest.
  • Hill is seriously underrated by some on here and most supporters of other clubs.
  • Interesting to see Neale and Mzungu miss out on top 10 despite playing 23 games each. Personally, I'm not surprised on Neale (he'll be up there next year no doubt), but I thought mzungu's year was better than D pearce or Spurr.
  • Mundy needs to lift his game next year.
  • Sutty and Spurr both finished ahead of Duff after all playing 24 games. I'd love to know the specifics of the roles those three are given each week.
  • No sign of Crowley after 24 games.

Regarding the Fyfe captain talk, I reckon SonSon would be a more appropriate captain. Especially if he performs well next year in a new midfield role (here's hoping).

Regarding the Fyfe captain talk, I reckon SonSon would be a more appropriate captain. Especially if he performs well next year in a new midfield role (here's hoping).

Son Son may not have the polish in front of camera that a captain these days also needs. Leadership group yes but much as I love the man probably not captain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No captain should look like a billboard for a tattoo parlour. Looks ridiculous.
Lol really? As long as he has leadership qualities, is talented and sets an example for other players the he is a decent choice for captain. I'd rather SonSon be captain than Fyfe.

So in what way does Fyfe not have these qualities? He did get the players award last night.
In no way am I suggesting Fyfe is an unworthy choice as captain, I just think Walters has shown more leadership qualities in his career so far than Fyfe. We consistently hear about Walters being a workhorse and beast on the training track and he seems to have turned his life around, Fyfe we hear is a professional (other than tripping on a suitcase) so either or would be a great choice to succeed Pav. Personally however I think Walters would be a better choice. Has a small forward ever been a captain before?

You can say that again.

B2eU2kyCAAAVFAL.jpg

Always rated this kid.

I see that Lachie Neale was snubbed in the Doig Medal count for bringing a pr0n star with a huge rack as a date to the event.

Well done Lachie, you didn't leave empty handed after all.

After finishing ninth in the B & F I would of thought those posters on Bigfooty who have bagged D.Pearce as being hopeless (soap hands) wousld be admitting they were wrong.
Pearce is what they used to call the Penrith Panthers - a chocolate soldier. He melts in September.

I see that Lachie Neale was snubbed in the Doig Medal count for bringing a pr0n star with a huge rack as a date to the event.

Well done Lachie, you didn't leave empty handed after all.

I know it's fun and games perving on all the players' girlfriends and partners, but its pretty harsh to call her a pr0n star just because she's smoking hot. Well done to her as well for bagging Lachie. He's good looking too!

I know it's fun and games perving on all the players' girlfriends and partners, but its pretty harsh to call her a pr0n star just because she's smoking hot. Well done to her as well for bagging Lachie. He's good looking too!

I meant pr0n star as in the "Blokes World" sense, which means a very attractive girlfriend, not in the literal sense as in her chosen vocation.

My "tongue in cheek" statement was in reference to Lachie Neale not featuring in the Doig Medal count despite having a breakout season and playing 24 games in this year.

You then see the photo of his lovely date - girlfriend, and wonder if perhaps he upset somebody?

As for Lachie being good looking, I will leave that to others to decide, but I personally think that he might be punching above his weight.

As for Lachie being good looking, I will leave that to others to decide, but I personally think that he might be punching above his weight.

To be fair, Lachie isn't allowed to wear make-up to bring himself up a few points like she is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back