List Mgmt. The Pre Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be a huge bonus if he had a break out year this year! So much flair and and potential but you get the feeling it could really go either way sharply with Brandon. Could be a star or delisted next year.

Totally agree, could go either way. Because of that I'd actually contemplated trading him this year if the value was there....

He's got this year, fingers crossed he has that break out year

Totally agree, could go either way. Because of that I'd actually contemplated trading him this year if the value was there....

He's got this year, fingers crossed he has that break out year
Depends how good he got, I wouldn't be trading a player who's just had a break out year given out trading ban. He has rare talents that are raw right now but if he can pull it together he could be gold.

Yer B.Jack went backwards this year he showed more in 2013 maybe lack of confidence of being in/out from the side?

My personal opinion is we were crying out for a small forward for most of the year... it's either his progress has stalled or the tactics were wrong. If he was good enough, he'd have played last year.

No doubt the talent is there, It's now a question of can he re find the 2013 form and then step it up. As I said, I'd have shopped him to see what was out there, unlikely it would have been enough but I'd have tested the waters anyway

As this has gone off topic, B Jack was very ordinary last season and would want to have a great 15 to retain his spot. Put McGlynn up forward.
I agree with McGlynn up forward. Even though he had a great 2014 in the middle, I see his value more as a small forward and into the middle as an option if needed. With the wealth of midfielders we have now and coming through, McGlynn back to the forward line would be sensible. Not sure where that leaves Brandon Jack........if he doesn't step up this year......trade bait. I'd hate to think we are persisting with him because he is the captains brother.

I agree with McGlynn up forward. Even though he had a great 2014 in the middle, I see his value more as a small forward and into the middle as an option if needed. With the wealth of midfielders we have now and coming through, McGlynn back to the forward line would be sensible. Not sure where that leaves Brandon Jack........if he doesn't step up this year......trade bait. I'd hate to think we are persisting with him because he is the captains brother.

I doubt he is being persisted with out of some kind of goodwill to his brother but would think they may see a few similar traits that gives hope. He was like his brother later to the game than some so may take time. At the same age I don't think Keiran had played seniors much if at all. Brandon is a bit bigger and a bit quicker so while he is still no guarantee, for me he has a bit of time.

With the younger Jack, just remember his games in 2013 came at the backend of the season when we were hit with injuries and he wasn't expected to play. Last season he got games in the early to middle stage of the season as we were getting going before it became harder for most outside the side to make it in.

On one hand he is ahead of where most would of expected him to be when he was first drafted onto the rookie list 2 years ago, but since making the senior team and list he has levelled off in form. 2015 will be an important year, but it won't be make or break for him unless things go all "Peter Tong"

Punts this might sound a bit offside but what about Heeney as a forward? from what i have seen he looks to be a great pack mark loves to tackle and chase and will provide defensive pressure.
Might start as a high HF like Mitchell in 2013 but wont be long to he is a fulltime mid.

Yes can take a grab but is a midfielder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If all the hype about the kid is true, then no wonder Eddie was going off.

BUT **** you Eddie and shove that up your arse. Feels great.

Always a bit hesitant to overrate any of our first round draftees. But can't help but get excited about this year and next.

Also put a fiver on Davis and Hiscox to be 200 gamers with our strike rate

Seen Heeney compared to Boak, Parker, Watson and Ziebull.

3/4 ain't too bad

Boak is the closest, unlike Ziebell he actually gets the ball. For all Ziebell's 'strengths' he doesn't get the ball that regularly. Boak is the closest comparison although I hate these comparisons, they are never even close. Every year we have a bloke who 'plays like Pendlebury'...I'm still waiting for another one...

Should We hold a sweep stake on who we pick at 39?
My guess/hope is we get one of these kids who slides from top 30 estimates.
I'm going to say Clem Smith will slide to us. I'd love to see him get picked up, rough around the edges lacks discipline but can do the unthinkable and is hard as nails!

I'm going to say Clem Smith will slide to us. I'd love to see him get picked up, rough around the edges lacks discipline but can do the unthinkable and is hard as nails!

Sure...do you want a bloke who butchers the ball? That is Clem Smith. I rate him but I'd be hestitant pulling the trigger in the 2nd round

Boak is the closest, unlike Ziebell he actually gets the ball. For all Ziebell's 'strengths' he doesn't get the ball that regularly. Boak is the closest comparison although I hate these comparisons, they are never even close. Every year we have a bloke who 'plays like Pendlebury'...I'm still waiting for another one...

I'd be very very happy if he ended up like Boak. He is quality.

Thinking about a future of possibly Mills, Mitchell, Heeney and Dunkley with Hewett and Perri's on the wings. Future looks good even if only half makes it

His disposal is not as bad as people make out, good X factor and has a high ceiling.

I have seen him play quite a bit, it is that ball. Sure he can run quick, but he is poorish defensively and to be honest there are questions where he fits. Is he a winger? Will he have the tank? Can he be a HBF with his disposal? Jeez that is one big gamble after taking Hiscox in the 2nd round. If we had 2 picks in the 2nd round I'd happily take a punt, but I'm not sure.

Sure...do you want a bloke who butchers the ball? That is Clem Smith. I rate him but I'd be hestitant pulling the trigger in the 2nd round

DVR or Wigg wouldn't be a bad shout at 39. But any slider would be my bet. Hoping for Blakely...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back