Competitions The DreamTeam/SuperCoach Thread - ALL enquiries in here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Smith still can score well. Last week he scored 61 off two and a half quarters. I think he would have scored 90 odd off a full game and I can see him averaging 80-100 scores for the rest of the season. But someone like McEvoy/Jamar/Jolly/Jacobs could all average 100+ for the rest of the year. With 5 trades left I don't think it's worth spending 2 of them to upgrade your rucks, especially like what ST09 said, McEvoy's role could change if Gardiner returns.

I've got enough to do a straight swap Smith for Jolly, Jacobs, Mumford (ie, can spend a total of 350k)

I might sit tight this week and see what unfolds over the next couple of weeks. Aim was to trade for cash first >then upgrade a ruck> then look to upgrade a defender or forward. means I'll end up using 3-4 trades, leaving me with only 1 or 2 for finals

I've got enough to do a straight swap Smith for Jolly, Jacobs, Mumford (ie, can spend a total of 350k)
Ahh yep, well 1 trade makes it interesting then. If it wasn't for Mumford's knee he'd easily be the pick of the bunch. I'm still not sure if it's worth the trade or not. I was thinking about it myself but I'd rather keep the trade for later on because no doubt you'll end up needing it. Anything less than 4 trades in the final 4 weeks and you're relying on good bench cover and luck to get you through without donuts.

Ahh yep, well 1 trade makes it interesting then. If it wasn't for Mumford's knee he'd easily be the pick of the bunch. I'm still not sure if it's worth the trade or not. I was thinking about it myself but I'd rather keep the trade for later on because no doubt you'll end up needing it. Anything less than 4 trades in the final 4 weeks and you're relying on good bench cover and luck to get you through without donuts.

Agree with that.

Hey all,

I was looking for some insight regarding Keeffe's job security.

Will he play every game until Dawes gets back? Is he likely to be dropped for Dawes?

Thank you in advance and all the best for the weekend. :thumbsu:
He will stay in the team if his form warrants it, but I think it'd be unlikely that he'd still be getting games with Dawes back playing. But you never know.

Personally I don't se to much changing with Cloke as a lot of his possessions are contested anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped a little bit in scoring but the with others around him I'm not sure teams can go all out and double team him. Collingwood will be trying to keep his role similar to what it was.

Thanks for that mate. Doubt i'll take the risk with him only because Steve Johnson is at the same price.

I wouldn't be surprised if S.Johnson missed 2 games though, 1 week off with Geelong's resting program and also the bye.

Yeah I kind of agree with you and it's really the hardest decision i've had to make all year.

I also think Cloke will miss a game along the line though and there's not really many other options available that don't have a bye this week.

Looking at it SJ has now played 8 games in a row and it will be 9 after tonight. They have 5 games after tonight until the bye. I've got Didak on the bench so if SJ stays on the park until Didak's back then I should be fine. I still think that SJ could easily play up until the bye and only miss that week. Time will tell I guess.

Re: Betting Scandal: Heath Shaw Suspended, Maxwell Fined

Sorry to cut in guys, just wondering if anyone knows if the suspension starts this week? And if so, who's coming into the 22 for him?

...yes, it's a DT question. I have Buckley on the bench and would like to hold off a week before trading Shaw.

Sorry again for this, he's a great player. Hope he can come back and play well in finals.

Sorry to cut in guys, just wondering if anyone knows if the suspension starts this week? And if so, who's coming into the 22 for him?

...yes, it's a DT question. I have Buckley on the bench and would like to hold off a week before trading Shaw.

Sorry again for this, he's a great player. Hope he can come back and play well in finals.
Suspension is immediate. Dunno who's coming in...

--

Heater is a tool for doing it. He is very luck that he's a quality player, otherwise he wouldn't have an AFL career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buckley would be odds on (poor choice of words) but Goldy is also an emergency. I'd tip Buckley.

The team:

Deledio, Fisher, Gibbs, Goddard, Broughton, Enright,
Addcock, Puopolo, Jacobs.

Pendlebury, Redden, Ablett, Swan, Ward, Boyd
Buckley, Mzungu, Prestia

Cox, Vardy
J. Tippet, Dericx

Pavlich, Goodes, Petrie, N.Riewoldt, Franklin, Rioli, Fyfe,
Krakouer, J.Riewoldt, I.Smith,

The Trades:

3 left $178k

The Scenario:

Thinking of downgrading J Roo to Callinan.

Then up grading Vardy to the Mummy.

That leaves one trade for the rest of the year & about $221K in the bank.
This covers me for one LTI or hopefully I upgrade one of Krak, Smith, Mzungu or Prestia to a prem mid & Ward goes to bench as coverage.

The question:

Am I burning trades too early? Does anyone have a better suggestion for my last 3 trades?

Catch 22 you are burning trades early but you have good bench cover.

Ruck is your big issue with the way you set the side up there, but using the MPP and playing Tippet as a bench player in your forwardline and Petrie in the ruck solves that.

If I was you I wouldn't be trading just yet.

Ok thanks guys. Part of me wants to pull the trigger to smash a mate (carlscum fan) this week. But the other part knows, even with good coverage, it's still risky.

Mmmm we'll see, the biggest match this week might be between my head & my heart.:eek:

Chances of S.Buckley being the sub? May have to start him with Suckling out.

Thanks Lads. :)

Thanks Ed. :)

BUCKLEY ON THE FIELD :thumbsu: Let's hope he plays the game of his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back