The Drones - Havilah

Baudelaire

Senior List
Aug 19, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm actually watching The Drones DVD tonight. 'The Drones: A Thousand Mistakes.' Really recommend it to those who haven't seen it.

Severe

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Just listening to River Of Tears. So good.

Anyone catching Gareth doing the Patti Smith show at 'The Melbourne Festival'?

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Has anyone been able to find Feelin Kinda Free in the usual stores? I'm really surprised by how much trouble I'm have finding a CD of it. I could get it on itunes... but I'm a bit old school, I still like to collect CDs for the artists/bands that I really like.

I've looked from JB in Preston to the more hipster places in Fitzroy, and in quite a few places in between - no good :mad::cry:

The bloody hell is going on with it? Have they changed distributors? Did record stores get the shits with them dropping c-bombs in songs?

Severe

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Has anyone been able to find Feelin Kinda Free in the usual stores? I'm really surprised by how much trouble I'm have finding a CD of it. I could get it on itunes... but I'm a bit old school, I still like to collect CDs for the artists/bands that I really like.

I've looked from JB in Preston to the more hipster places in Fitzroy, and in quite a few places in between - no good :mad::cry:

The bloody hell is going on with it? Have they changed distributors? Did record stores get the shits with them dropping c-bombs in songs?
I've seen it at a couple jb hifi's, I'd assume it's in most of them.

NotAMagpieBogan

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood

I saw one copy at my JB, turns out that it's actually a really good one for CDs, lots of stuff there that I didn't know they had.

Severe

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I saw one copy at my JB, turns out that it's actually a really good one for CDs, lots of stuff there that I didn't know they had.
Yep. It really depends on who does the orders at different stores. They all have to have the obvious releases, but then each store can really differ, I remember going out to Cranbourne a while ago and the jbhifi had tons of great obscure stuff, the guy in charge of music did a great job.

NotAMagpieBogan

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep. It really depends on who does the orders at different stores. They all have to have the obvious releases, but then each store can really differ, I remember going out to Cranbourne a while ago and the jbhifi had tons of great obscure stuff, the guy in charge of music did a great job.
Whoa, you just named the store I was talking about. That's crazy ahah

Severe

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
No kidding haha, I'm a Cranbourne local (slightly unfortunately). There's the JB Hi Fi at Cranbourne Park shopping centre which is the one was talking about, then there's the Cranbourne Homemaker Centre one, which isn't as good.
Haha now i'm confused, if I ever see a jbhifi I always have a look if I've got time. It actually might of been the homemaker one i was referring to, not sure, the head of music guy changed and went to Narre Warren store and then they good some really good stuff.

How's the latest drones album for you, warmed more to the second half or still a bit cold?

NotAMagpieBogan

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Haha now i'm confused, if I ever see a jbhifi I always have a look if I've got time. It actually might of been the homemaker one i was referring to, not sure, the head of music guy changed and went to Narre Warren store and then they good some really good stuff.

How's the latest drones album for you, warmed more to the second half or still a bit cold?
The Homemaker Centre store is outside and has been there for quite a while, the other one is new, only opened last year. Homemaker still doesn't sell vinyl, the new one does and has a solid range.

Yeah, I've warmed a little towards it. Funnily, the song I disliked most from it, Boredom, I actually like. At first I was a little naive and didn't like it due it being so different and out of place, but after listening to it enough, the things I didn't like it for, are now the things I do like it for. Shut Down SETI and Tailwind I still don't particularly like, Sometimes is nice. I do like I See Seaweed more than Feelin Kinda Free, but its still an album that I think I'll be listening to for while to come. How are you feeling towards it?

Severe

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
The Homemaker Centre store is outside and has been there for quite a while, the other one is new, only opened last year. Homemaker still doesn't sell vinyl, the new one does and has a solid range.

Yeah, I've warmed a little towards it. Funnily, the song I disliked most from it, Boredom, I actually like. At first I was a little naive and didn't like it due it being so different and out of place, but after listening to it enough, the things I didn't like it for, are now the things I do like it for. Shut Down SETI and Tailwind I still don't particularly like, Sometimes is nice. I do like I See Seaweed more than Feelin Kinda Free, but its still an album that I think I'll be listening to for while to come. How are you feeling towards it?
I've actually listened to quite a bit of I See Seaweed over the last week or so and seem to appreciate it quite a bit, but still, apart from Gala Mill which is my favourite album by a good stretch, I think each album is slightly declining in quality.

When I'm in C'bourne I'll have at look at the stores.

Last edited:

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Love it.

Quite different in many ways but structurally you can tell Gaz is behind it.

I'm glad they are mixing it up. Makes them an even more intriguing band.

Back