Banter Drug Den of Banter and Hilarity - Shinboner Spirit of Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are more fun when it's not Bay 13 boring s**t talk.

Lift your game Duritz, I thought you'd have better material than displayed so far.

Yeah interesting points. So Buckley the bigger failure as player but hird the bigger failure as coach.

I am not sure you can call any player that has won a Norm Smith and a Brownlow a failure, they have both done that. As for there coaching careers, Hird is in his 4th season and has had the team make the 8 twice out of his 3 completed seasons, there are plenty with worse records and plenty with worse records at the start who have gone on to be top notch coaches.

You guys appointed the guy with that resume!!

Oh and the wins were all Bomber's doing.

Let's do a more apt coaching comparison and compare apples to apples here but keep it a club champion pitted against a club champion.

Leppitsch who had a, what, 6 year coaching apprenticeship as an assistant coach takes Brion and Friends to a staggering 7 wins and 15 losses in his first year.

Hird, who had no prior coaching experience, takes what was widely regarded as an absolute rabble of a list to 11 wins, 1 draw, 11 losses in his first season and makes the finals.

We can monitor this comparison as time progresses.

Let's do a more apt coaching comparison and compare apples to apples here but keep it a club champion pitted against a club champion.

Leppitsch who had a, what, 6 year coaching apprenticeship as an assistant coach takes Brion and Friends to a staggering 7 wins and 15 losses in his first year.

Hird, who had no prior coaching experience, takes what was widely regarded as an absolute rabble of a list to 11 wins, 1 draw, 11 losses in his first season and makes the finals.

We can monitor this comparison as time progresses.

Given the Leppitsch Lions have the 2nd youngest list in the comp (that's right, 2nd youngest! And we'll still knock your mob off!) he is doing what's called a "rebuild". Now, don't mistake this with a physical rebuild where you attempt to bulk up a player using artificial stimulants, this is a rebuild of a list after a period of aged players retiring, or leaving, etc.

So, you're right, we can compare apples with apples this weekend, in a way. Hird has two years more advancement on his "rebuild" than Leppa, so let's see just what the differences are this weekend. With two years further advancement, I imagine you guys should only be happy with a 6 or 7 goal win. Heaven forebid you lost...

Is not this rebuild kinda forced because nobody wanted to play for your s**t-can club? Didn't you lobby to have Marley's "Exodus" be the basis of a new theme for the club? Christ, even the Logo packed up its bags, quit, and went back to work for Streets.

Not to worry though, you've got the Fitzroy lion now so you've picked up some self-awareness. Nothing says stability and perpetuity like a Fitzroy lion.

Given the Leppitsch Lions have the 2nd youngest list in the comp (that's right, 2nd youngest! And we'll still knock your mob off!) he is doing what's called a "rebuild". Now, don't mistake this with a physical rebuild where you attempt to bulk up a player using artificial stimulants, this is a rebuild of a list after a period of aged players retiring, or leaving, etc.

So, you're right, we can compare apples with apples this weekend, in a way. Hird has two years more advancement on his "rebuild" than Leppa, so let's see just what the differences are this weekend. With two years further advancement, I imagine you guys should only be happy with a 6 or 7 goal win. Heaven forebid you lost...

But we were the worst list in the comp back then. You being a bay regular would've said it many many many times yourself, yet Hird made the finals in year one with this terrible list.

Go figure.

Also take Fletcher out of the equation and the average age on our list drops, I think, about 3 years and 219 days

Sounds like you're already making up excuses for the weekend mate. Relax yeah.

Yeah interesting points. So Buckley the bigger failure as player but hird the bigger failure as coach.
Buckley inherited a list that just played off in a Grand Final, whilst Hird inherited Knights' mess. If this statement is just the long way around to getting into the supplements saga then you're just boring everyone.

Is not this rebuild kinda forced because nobody wanted to play for your s**t-can club? Didn't you lobby to have Marley's "Exodus" be the basis of a new theme for the club? Christ, even the Logo packed up its bags, quit, and went back to work for Streets.

Not to worry though, you've got the Fitzroy lion now so you've picked up some self-awareness. Nothing says stability and perpetuity like a Fitzroy lion.

The rebuild is due to many things, not least of which is the three premierships a little over ten years ago which had back loaded contracts, stifling our ability to keep younger players in more recent years, amongst other things. But that's for another thread. The point is that the rebuild is obvious, being the 2nd youngest list, and yet we have far, far, far more promise in our list than you in yours.

Oh, that's right, you've got Old Man Cooney... LOL... there's some star recruiting. Was that James' doing? I bet Cooney was "shocked to be sitting here" when someone traded for him, right? ;)

But we were the worst list in the comp back then. You being a bay regular would've said it many many many times yourself, yet Hird made the finals in year one with this terrible list.

Go figure.

Also take Fletcher out of the equation and the average age on our list drops, I think, about 3 years and 219 days

And no, you've still got an old list. Old man Cooney, old man Chappy, old man Goddard - and they'd be your three best players!!! Future looking pretty mightily farked, obviously James could see that a few years ago. Give him credit, at least he tried to change the DNA of your lineup, huh? ;)

Sounds like you're already making up excuses for the weekend mate. Relax yeah.

"Sounds like"? Pal you're a short priced favourite in it, yet no Essington supporters are talking yourselves up, while I am saying we'll probably beat you... I think the excuses shoe is on the other foot.

"Sounds like"? Pal you're a short priced favourite in it, yet no Essington supporters are talking yourselves up, while I am saying we'll probably beat you... I think the excuses shoe is on the other foot.

Meh, I'd say you have a marginal edge in the midfield, we have you covered everywhere else.

As they say in the classics, we'll * you up.

The rebuild is due to many things, not least of which is the three premierships a little over ten years ago which had back loaded contracts, stifling our ability to keep younger players in more recent years, amongst other things. But that's for another thread. The point is that the rebuild is obvious, being the 2nd youngest list, and yet we have far, far, far more promise in our list than you in yours.

Oh, that's right, you've got Old Man Cooney... LOL... there's some star recruiting. Was that James' doing? I bet Cooney was "shocked to be sitting here" when someone traded for him, right? ;)

And no, you've still got an old list. Old man Cooney, old man Chappy, old man Goddard - and they'd be your three best players!!! Future looking pretty mightily farked, obviously James could see that a few years ago. Give him credit, at least he tried to change the DNA of your lineup, huh? ;)

So which one is it? If you have an opinion stick to it. Don't bore everyone talking smack then start making excuses, it's Wednesday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So which one is it? If you have an opinion stick to it. Don't bore everyone talking smack then start making excuses, it's Wednesday.

At the risk of repeating myself, I'll repeat myself: anything less than a 6 or 7 goal win for you guys should have you feeling very disappointed in your club, given the things I have outlined. However, I think you're a snowflakes chance in hell of beating us by 6 or 7 goals, so prepare to be disappointed.

IMO we'll win.

At the risk of repeating myself, I'll repeat myself: anything less than a 6 or 7 goal win for you guys should have you feeling very disappointed in your club, given the things I have outlined. However, I think you're a snowflakes chance in hell of beating us by 6 or 7 goals, so prepare to be disappointed.

IMO we'll win.
Who determines that we are good? The media? Just because we beat Hawthorn and we were contenders for a week, doesn't mean that we are going to smash every side in the bottom half. Sorry for making you repeat yourself, it's hard to read through all your dribble.

Why should we beat you by 6 or 7 goals? What are you basing that off? We haven't beaten a side by that all year. You're just trying to make excuses and cover yourself if you do happen to lose.

IMO we'll win.
You should win, you just beat Port and are now equal premiership favourites with Freo. I say if you don't win Leppitsch should walk, such would be the disgrace if he lost to an out of form, broke and no drugs left Essington.

Look at what the Essington fans have become... this once "divine right to play finals" type club, reduced - by one of their own, no less! - to a rabble, a rabble. Not even any confidence to beat the 2nd youngest team in the comp, a team who until two weeks ago had yet to win a match for the entire year.

Like Carlton, you're broken.

On a serious note Duritz are you surprised to see what Voss is doing with Port's midfield given his efforts as senior coach for you guys?

It's not a loaded question, I didn't watch a lot of you guys in Voss' time as coach but the Port midfield now seems very unaccountable and doesn't run both ways like it did over the last couple of years.

As opposed to Brisbane, who are still completely on a level with the days of the three-peat. :drunk:

No one can keep that level going, not even the great Vossy.

On a serious note Duritz are you surprised to see what Voss is doing with Port's midfield given his efforts as senior coach for you guys?

It's not a loaded question, I didn't watch a lot of you guys in Voss' time as coach but the Port midfield now seems very unaccountable and doesn't run both ways like it did over the last couple of years.

I would have to watch more of Poort to comment seriously. Their game the other day was the first time this year I have watched more than bits of their game, so am not really qualified to comment. I will say that under Vossy we still had blokes who ran the other way, Jack Redden being just one example but probably the best one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back