The Essendon law suits

Remove this Banner Ad

yeahmate

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2006
Here
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Now that the players are cleared, how long before Essendon and its officials start launching legal action of their own? I wonder which of the following will happen first:

1. Hird v Caro and many others for defamation? (could even be a class action of sorts involved with Hird, Dank, Charters, Robinson, Thompson as co-plaintiffs?)

2. Essendon v the AFL/Demetriou/Gilligan for wrongfully being booted from the 2013 finals, reversal of fines and draft penalties?

3. Essendon v McDevitt for ignoring advice and running a one man crusade?

Now that the players are cleared, how long before Essendon and its officials start launching legal action of their own? I wonder which of the following will happen first:

1. Hird v Caro and many others for defamation? (could even be a class action of sorts involved with Hird, Dank, Charters, Robinson, Thompson as co-plaintiffs?)

2. Essendon v the AFL/Demetriou/Gilligan for wrongfully being booted from the 2013 finals, reversal of fines and draft penalties?

None of the above.

Teaser thread. I clicked thinking Essendon players, other than Hal, had taken legal action.

Do you work for Herald Sun. They get my clicks every time - bastards!

1. Might happen but I doubt it... caro kinda sued herself in the end...

2. Won't happen... Governance was lapsed and The EFC admit this...

3. Won't happen... The more you study McD you realise that he is simply a prosecution cop chasing chalkline strokes.. He did his best to rattle the cage which probably ended his Asada tenure... Im pretty sure the EFC secretly love this guy. ;)

I don't get this 'Hird will sue Caro' thing?

I particularly don't get why it has ramped up since the tribunal verdict.

If anything, her stance on him and the club is totally vindicated given the findings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not cleared yet my friend. This will not end.

Until they can show what was actually injected, there will always be some doubt from the general public and officials. Not enough evidence
does not mean 100% not guilty.

Ps. I just hope that the players didn't receive anything that could harm them later with their health.

Don't think no.2 is ever a possibility, it is well documented that essendon were penalised due to poor governance rather than prohibited substance taking, which shouldnt be revisited.. The club stuffed up, and needed to be penalised for the governance issues.

this post is just super duper :thumbsu:
Don't give up on it yet. My bestus favorite threads keep getting locked and this beauty deserves a run. This is the Eurovision of threads. You say 'why' but you still love it deep down...

let's be realistic about it: none of this will happen. And nor should it. Speaking as an Essendon member, we've got to this point and I would be furious if the club focused their energies anywhere else than on the football field from now on.

It's done.

Thats a bit unfair. I'm sure there lawyers in Melbourne that haven't got their new Mercs out this yet. Why should they miss out?

Courts, subpoenas, evidence under oath. No way would any of the possible parties want that to happen.

In fact nothing will happen until players retire and then have little to lose in terms of bans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back