No Oppo Supporters The ASADA Thread... from a Tiger perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my view. Those forensic I.T. investigators will be up to pussy's bow in evidence. Exactly the reason the Druggos are trying to stop this thing going ahead.

That would have nothing to do with the AFL involvement in the investigation either. Hence why they're probably so confident with re issuing the show cause notices within 24 hours if they lose the court case.

That would have nothing to do with the AFL involvement in the investigation either. Hence why they're probably so confident with re issuing the show cause notices within 24 hours if they lose the court case.

Yeh, well that's the Druggos argument in court. ASADA relied on the AFLs powers to gain access that they would not normally get.
So if ASADA gained access to the computers/back up on their own then Druggos are rooted.

edit: The article actually says the AFL employed Deloitte to investigate...and ASADA had access...

Last edited:

Just caught a bit on abc24 and the journo said if they accept their bans will be over by the start of the 2015 season, BUT it will mean they have to comply with ASADA, that's good because if the same applies to the bombers the players will admit their guilt and be tarnished but available to play next year, AND the club and Hird will go a row of shithouses.

Tarnished enough to hand back a Brownlow?? ;)

Whether Essendons players receive bans or not I have no idea, I don't know the facts.
But Using the NRL example, how is it that a player can actually play throughout the banned period?
I'd be staggered if this came to fruition.
You can't backdate a sentence if you've been active throughout the term.
If players had sat out of the sport decision pending then fair enough.
This is just treating us all like imbeciles.

Whether Essendons players receive bans or not I have no idea, I don't know the facts.
But Using the NRL example, how is it that a player can actually play throughout the banned period?

do we still go and pay the Offal our hard earned?

then we are imbeciles.

Yeah i don't get this either??

Its like a criminal being sentenced but having the sentence backdated because he was in custody awaiting trial ... Only in this scenario, he was galavanting around doing whatever he pleased ... Its a sugarcoated reduced sentence for a guilty plea .... Absolute crap. If this were an armed robber, murderer ect there would be a huge uproar. In a professional, national and borderline international sport, there will be and should be the same thing applied. The players are role models for kids ffs ... A slap on the wrist is not acceptable and they should cop their 2 yrs ban ....asada will become a disgrace if it eventuates ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its like a criminal being sentenced but having the sentence backdated because he was in custody awaiting trial ... Only in this scenario, he was galavanting around doing whatever he pleased ... Its a sugarcoated reduced sentence for a guilty plea .... Absolute crap. If this were an armed robber, murderer ect there would be a huge uproar. In a professional, national and borderline international sport, there will be and should be the same thing applied. The players are role models for kids ffs ... A slap on the wrist is not acceptable and they should cop their 2 yrs ban ....asada will become a disgrace if it eventuates ...

How would this even be possible when Ahmed Sade was banned for 18 Months for a substance that I think was available off the shelf in a protein drink (correct me if I'm wrong)......

How would this even be possible when Ahmed Sade was banned for 18 Months for a substance that I think was available off the shelf in a protein drink (correct me if I'm wrong)......
I'm assuming you are implilying essendon should get a lighter or a there abouts sentence? The difference is the bombers knowingly took it, Ahmed was apparently none the wiser that whatever it was, was contained in the drink. Essendon should rightly cop a much heavier penalty on that basis.

A vfl player copped 2 yrs for steroids (?) I think it was ... Being afl it should be more or much the same ... Actually I think 2 yrs is a max sentence (correct me if not) ...

He actually tested positive.

Nuffers & GH213 Im thinking that as a minimum any penalties forthcoming would be 18 months. Given that Sade copped 18 months for a substance that I think you can get off the shelf. I dont think you could get what EFC got without specifically shopping for it (happy to be corrected). Also by the cubs own investigations, it was a pharmacologically experimental environment. From what Ive heard also questioning what was being done by the players, put them on the outer ie Sam Lonergan....So it appears some were made to suffer for questioning what was happening. For this alone those doing that should be made the greatest example of. In no uncertain terms. But I think the standards have been set in terms of cases like Sade, that players need to take some responsibility in those circumstances too. Its not necessarily my position , but it probably needs to go that way if the AFL wants to send a clear & uncompromising message....

He actually tested positive.

Doesn't matter. Once over the line and convinced of the 'guilty' verdict, you are 100% guilty as far as punishments are concerned.

There is no reduction for lack of evidence.

If there's a lack of evidence you can get off 100% too - can't have it both ways.

Back at work today was James ... completely unrepentant. The man's name is destined for rhyming slang for the foreseeable future.

Barrett has some breaking news on the story on Footy Classified tonight apparently.

My guess is that it's confirmation that no deals will be offered and it's just a cheap ploy to get viewers.

Barrett has some breaking news on the story on Footy Classified tonight apparently.

My guess is that it's confirmation that no deals will be offered and it's just a cheap ploy to get viewers.
Of course there are no deals, ASADA are just waiting until the judge gives the go ahead and then they are going to go berserk at essendrugs.
While the judge is taking his sweet time making an obvious decision, ASADA are cleaning up the Cronulla mess and more or less clearing the decks.
Remember, essendrugs have gone to court to get the investigation thrown out, but according to them ASADA have nothing and wont be able to charge them with anything, so id ASADA have nothing then why are essendrugs so desperate to get it all thrown out.
One other thing, if essendrugs claim this was all Danks fault, then why have they not gone within a million miles of him, wouldn't you take him to court to confess to being a rogue operator and that it was all him and no one else.

Well if you can sit through Lyon being a condescending prick towards us tell us what Barrett says. Also give my love to Caro ;)

"I really love the tiges and they've been super impressive but... *mash in as many negative comments as possible in a single sentence*... but hats off to them to get where they are"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back