No Oppo Supporters The ASADA Thread... from a Tiger perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd share this gem from the Essendon board with you all:

"THIS THING IS SO BIG, I BELIEVE IT IS NECESSARY FOR ALL CLUBS TO BE INVESTIGATED SO WE HAVE FULL TRANSPARENCY! If one club has failed, then let's make sure ALL CLUBS are clear going forward?"

o_O

Just thought I'd share this gem from the Essendon board with you all:

"THIS THING IS SO BIG, I BELIEVE IT IS NECESSARY FOR ALL CLUBS TO BE INVESTIGATED SO WE HAVE FULL TRANSPARENCY! If one club has failed, then let's make sure ALL CLUBS are clear going forward?"

o_O

This is actually something I wanted from day one

AFL processes on this have been lax at best, and at all levels (from club to AFL itself)

When they did their crap audit, they could even find the issues at Melbourne that came out just weeks later.

Off memory, the check on club processes found 12 of the 18 had lax to non-existant compliance processes in place. Given the competitive nature of the comp, I personally find it hard to believe that no other clubs and/or players as individuals were takings risks they are unaware of

FWIW Ive been a fan of the AFL having a list of approved supplements that anyone on an AFL list is only permitted to take, with procurement from AFL approved suppliers. If clubs want something new, the AFL vet it and decide accordingly. For those who say this is impossible, it already happens commercially in industries ranging from food and beer, to pharma and toys.

Don't disagree but a very reliable Worcestershire has told me The Age source is till at the club - which surprised me as I thought the same as you.

their current one there must be mute then, age hardly ever get any dirt on us these days. Only stuff is Caro's obsession with Jake King

LOL, check out Barry_Badrinath in the hat getting his bonehead on

hirdlol2.gif

hirdlol.gif

Can we please stop with the Caro lovefest?

This is the same Caro who was a cheerleader for the challenge ticket in our last EGM. A challenge ticket that had its entire policy proposal as "we will do better, we just wont tell you how". A challenge ticket that only was able to make the challenge because they agreed to make an internet ****** our list manager in exchange for the trigger petition of 200 names he had compiled. Rather than tear this challenge apart for such pathetic inadequacies, she was in full fanboi mode.

This is the same Caro who has been banging on for over a year that Jake King should be sacked because he wouldn't disassociate himself from a life long mate. The fact he had done nothing illegal was irrelevant. The fact he had no involvement in Toby's shadier activities was irrelevant. The only fact that was relevant is this is not a friend a girl who grew up in the bubble wrapped environment of Camberwell would have had any contact with.

This is the same Caro who for the above issue kept saying the club were asking him to stop the friendship on a number of occasions. This is despite the fact that both King and the club said such a request never occurred (both confirmed they only asked for him not to be at the club). Funnily enough the club understood you don't ditch life long family friends just because its expedient. Maybe our club has more of an appreciation of loyalty than Caro?

This is the same Caro who has on several occasions blamed our poor start to the season on Martin looking at changing clubs, and King having a coffee. I know this sounds like a pisstake, but she actually said on AW several times these two actions were the main reasons our pre-season didn't click because the players were distracted.

This is the same Caro who bags other journos for getting their stories from leaks, but was basically the AFL mouthpiece on both the Dees investigation and the EFC on. My views on journos in sport these days is well known (most are over reliant on leaks now, and couldn't investigate themselves a lapdance at Goldfingers), but she is a massive hypocrite on this one.

This is also the same Caro who calls herself a massive RFC fan on the radio, but used to publish Terry Wallace fiction about use only a few years ago. This is personal supposition I know, but the club leaked like a sieve when Wallace was at the club, and Caro was given preferential access. When Wallace was moved on, and Caro ditched from RFC (she has burned a lot of bridges in the club for her version of certain events - our go to journo became Ralph first and now Warner), suddenly the leaks stopped. Of course this could be just a coincidence.

Caro <3

their current one there must be mute then, age hardly ever get any dirt on us these days. Only stuff is Caro's obsession with Jake King
Yeah, the tabasco was understandably vague about whoever it was. Basically said that the Benny had meetings on arrival about creating a united club culture and people bought in so far less leakage these days.

This is actually something I wanted from day one

AFL processes on this have been lax at best, and at all levels (from club to AFL itself)

When they did their crap audit, they could even find the issues at Melbourne that came out just weeks later.

Off memory, the check on club processes found 12 of the 18 had lax to non-existant compliance processes in place. Given the competitive nature of the comp, I personally find it hard to believe that no other clubs and/or players as individuals were takings risks they are unaware of

FWIW Ive been a fan of the AFL having a list of approved supplements that anyone on an AFL list is only permitted to take, with procurement from AFL approved suppliers. If clubs want something new, the AFL vet it and decide accordingly. For those who say this is impossible, it already happens commercially in industries ranging from food and beer, to pharma and toys.
Fair enough, but (and I admit I'm just guessing here) I doubt any of them had the club-sanctioned methodology and breadth of the Essendon program. Which sort of shows the Essendon posters comment as the amusing and whiney little bitch that it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough, but (and I admit I'm just guessing here) I doubt any of them had the club-sanctioned methodology and breadth of the Essendon program. Which sort of shows the Essendon posters comment as the amusing and whiney little bitch that it is.

I think it's similar to cheating the cap. Not all clubs are Carlton, but some came close. Also some has smaller arrangements or non intentional arrangements which were still breeches.

Personally without any evidence, I think audits, and I mean proper audits, on the cats, hawks, pies, and swans would be interesting. I also don't buy that the blues made inquiries that they secretly taped for no intention to purchase

AFL statement on supplement use and treatment of players
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-18/afl-statement-on-supplement-use-and-treatment-of-players

From an article just published in the Age:

"It is time certain people with big egos and fat wallets threw them both in the drawer and started focusing on 34 young men and their future in sport.

"Refusing to face reality only increases the likelihood of longer suspensions for the players. I sincerely hope that commonsense now comes into play."

--John Fahey, former World Anti-Doping Agency boss.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/former...rs-may-serve-longer-bans-20140920-10jo7t.html

Bombers face a tough fight to appeal, say lawyers

Essendon and James Hird could face an almost impossible task to successfully appeal their decisive loss in the Federal Court, lawyers claim.

The Bombers and Hird are weighing up whether to challenge Justice John Middleton's decision that the joint investigation conducted by the Australian Sports
Anti-Doping Authority and the AFL into the club's 2012 supplements program was lawful.

This comes as player agents with clients at Essendon on Saturday began discussing what their next move would be. A deal with ASADA is the preferred option for some now that the 34 players issued with show-cause notices face the prospect of infraction notices and suspensions. Potential law suits against the club, should infraction notices be issued, have also been raised.

Ruckman Patrick Ryder has already quit the Bombers largely because of the scandal, and met with Greater Western Sydney recruiting chiefs Graeme Allan and Steve Silvagni and coach Leon Cameron on Saturday.

It's believed the AFL Players Association will look to hold a meeting with the 34 players as soon as this week.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...ht-to-appeal-say-lawyers-20140920-10jqsb.html

The bombers on their board are turning on each other..

It's amazing..
Have meandered through the last dozen pages. That place is surreal. The sense of outrage and persecution at ASADA, AFL, Court system, media, everyone else is just bizarre. And the cognitive dissonance astounds= 'the delay is an outrage, how dare they do this to the players and our club' with some 'going to court was a good idea'. Makes my brain hurt. Also the inability to distinguish Hird from the club and some serious hatred for Evans 'throwing the club under the bus and running away while Hird took one for the team!!!'

The bombers on their board are turning on each other..

It's amazing..
I just read the last 3 pages of their drug thread, one poster dared question Hird and he gets slammed by the hirdittes, there are posters saying that if Hird is sacked they will abandon the club, who the * do they barrack for, Essendon FC or Hird FC, I've said it in an earlier post, when Essendon sack hird their membership will plummet, they are a strange breed Essendon supporters, there is no one like them.

The best part from their board is where they say, but they have no positive swabs and no real proof. Not sure they are familiar with Lance Armstrong, but there were no positive tests for him either and he eventually got found out as the biggest drug cheat in history. Granted there was assistance from others who were associated with the program coming forward, but again no failed tests were even produced. If ASADAs evidence is as strong as they believe then Essendon players might just want to say you know what stuff them, they screwed us lets just come forward and take the deals and then walk out on them. A number of them will get picked up by other clubs once their bans ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back