No Oppo Supporters The ASADA Thread... from a Tiger perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting article on AFL.com re. Dank coming out saying he can clear things up & will sue the AFL..... One question comes to mind is why did you wait this long ???Perhaps spruiking to sell his story to the highest bidder ??

He's been saying that s**t since day one, and we have seen jack to date

I think you need to add a youngish tall forward who wasn't officially on the list at the time instead of lonergan. The young tall forward was subsequently added to their list under a contentious rule which favours players begetting heirs.
yes they fast tracked him,but he is really the unknown in all of this. My knowledge is parents highly disapproved.Belief is he's ok.

This from the Essendon "you will be banned, slapped, receive a high colonic & have leeches placed on your nut sack if you post in this thread" thread on the Essendrugs board:

I'd argue that most... most people out there are on the players side. They hate our club, hird, everything else but almost feel sorry for the players, I think they can only gain from an open hearing

The irony is that yes, most of us opposition posters and supporters did have sympathy with the Essendon players... originally, however, all the s**t and deflection and denial that has gone on at the club, by Hird and more importantly by blind Koolaider and Hirdyte supporters has turned us against the players as well!

Don't discuss other boards moderation please, if you have an issue discuss it with the moderator/admin in question, doing otherwise is sour grapes and if your comments are bad enough completely warrant them applying further penalty. This thread is here for you to say what you need to about the saga without risk, make use of it.

Closed? You serious. FFS, demand it be open. Closed = backroom deals.

We would never know the truth. Both sides would think something dodgy had happened to either let them get off lightly (or completely) or screw them. You know Essendon fans aren't going to accept the outcome unless the facts are shoved right in their faces. Probably not even then, but still...has to be open.

Closed? You serious. FFS, demand it be open. Closed = backroom deals.

Given how open and transparent the investigation was, I'm not surprised this is happening with the hearing

I'm betting too any result will have a confidentiality clause attached to it (as happened with the Tippet case)

What an out and out joke that two bumber players under suspicion of taking drugs are allowed to represent their country in sport...
Shame on you AFL...

all reports have Fletch as one of the guys who wasn't one of the 34

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The photo of the thymododulin or whatever it's supposed to be, complete with crease marks is almost the highlight of the saga for mine - comedy gold!

Dank is just an idiot, if this is what he's been holding onto for so long, he really is kidding himself

Dank is just an idiot, if this is what he's been holding onto for so long, he really is kidding himself

It's a combination of the crease marks (who prints photos like that one these days) and the fact that they seemingly have no records of purchase for anything, but somehow think a photo will fly, which makes it so, so good :D

Oh my god, now the Hird camp has released a photo too...

7fb0d8402c8d137ecc35af005677c2c9.jpg

It's a combination of the crease marks (who prints photos like that one these days) and the fact that they seemingly have no records of purchase for anything, but somehow think a photo will fly, which makes it so, so good :D

1) the crease marks for me just mean that this is a print out he passed on, which the HUN then scanned. amo, yes, but thats all

2) there are records of purchase. remember a transaction is recorded at both ends of the sale. More importantly, anything imported also has a customs record, and items like this often require TGA permits. There is a paper trail, we just havent been shown it yet

1) the crease marks for me just mean that this is a print out he passed on, which the HUN then scanned. amo, yes, but thats all

2) there are records of purchase. remember a transaction is recorded at both ends of the sale. More importantly, anything imported also has a customs record, and items like this often require TGA permits. There is a paper trail, we just havent been shown it yet

1) I can't believe they ran with the story?!

2) If Essendon had records of what they used and purchased they wouldn't be in this mess...

1) I can't believe they ran with the story?!

2) If Essendon had records of what they used and purchased they wouldn't be in this mess...

1) half the crap the papers have run with on this issue has been waffle, why stop now?

2) not necessarily. It depends upon what they took, and what they players believed they took. EFC made one simple mistake above all others, common of many companies, in assuming the man they had running the show (Dank) had things in hand. This is why compliance is so important. Reid and Bomber made complaints about the program, but both were ignored, and both failed to follow up. even if you think EFC were in on running an illegal program, Dank did a s**t job of making it look clean. FWIW in my work I've been stunned by how many good companies dont keep records for things like this, view seems to be its not an issue until all hell breaks loose.

This whole business has me gobsmacked.
And I'm afraid the AFL will land the knockout punch in this ridiculous saga and leave us all open mouthed.

I didn't listen, but EFC board is saying Caro apparently said on AW today that those in the AFL who have seen the evidence think EFC will get off. Don't know if thats reading too much into it (reality is bomber fans are looking for any ray of sunshine they can get), but Caro has been the AFL mouthpiece throughout this.

FWIW I think either it will be a 1-2 year ban or a not guilty (cant see a deal being done now), so no matter what way things go its going to have massive ramifications.

FWIW in my work I've been stunned by how many good companies dont keep records for things like this, view seems to be its not an issue until all hell breaks loose.

If a professional sporting club is not keeping records when they have most of their list being injected offsite on a regular basis, then they need to be kicked out of the comp for pure stupidity and negligence.

If a professional sporting club is not keeping records when they have most of their list being injected offsite on a regular basis, then they need to be kicked out of the comp for pure stupidity and negligence.

12 clubs were found to be doing a s**t job of that, obviously EFC at the pointy end. Part of the reason I wanted a full, independent and transparent audit of all clubs - I don't think EFC are the only club to have this as an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back