No Oppo Supporters The ASADA Thread... from a Tiger perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could have been an open and shut case either way if Essendon kept records of what they took. To blame anyone for this Saga, the length or otherwise, other than the Essendon football club is nonsense on stilts.

Actually no, you still need to gather matching records, interviews, etc. it was always going to take 2-3 years

I'd be very surprised if they did this, they copped a bit of flack for even allowing the International Rules exceptions

It's why I have my doubts on this, the afl will be desperate to avoid being but in a position to even consider this

Your post came out blaming everyone but Essendon. Cronulla, ASADA, aliens, the list goes on. Last I checked my team managed to have their case wrapped up 6 months ago. But that's ok keep blaming us, big bad Cronulla. I guess we will just have to make do with playing this season. :thumbsu:

Two massive things wrong with this post.

Firstly I never said it was everyone else's fault. I said people accuse efc of delaying this case for years, but it didn't happen. Asada always said it would take 2-3 years, and it was the Cronulla players - not the efc players - who refused interviews and dos cause a delay at their investigation.

Secondly, this idea of "it's team asada vs efc" is part of the problem. This is supposed to be an impartial investigation, where we want to find the truth, not a lynch mob where we just want blood.

This mentality is why you have posters advocating the murder and suicide of people on the htb - it's all about the fight to get your side to win. I still remember one poster said they had to be aggressive in slamming efc supporters because it was important for the pr battle. I mean seriously? This is Bigfooty ffs

This is a serious issue, and one way or another careers will be destroyed. Cheering on this sidelines for a win and not justice is sad and embarrassing.

Oh, and fwiw I will be pissed off at the outcome regardless. No independent investigation, no transparency of process, no open tribunal, no public disclose of the evidence (that is not medical in nature). Any decision will be disputed no matter what, and we will never know the truth about what actually happened.

I still think Bomber and Reid are getting off way to easy, I'm stunned GC and MFC are clear after the 3 day audit, and I'm stunned the 12 non efc players seen frequenting Danks clinic have never been interviewed.

Gut feeling is we will be revisiting in a few years

And the fact most clubs are just getting this stuff off their premise but are not ensuring the players behave outside the club is a joke

Get ready for an era of MFC outsourcing, where players are "suggested" they may want to chat to someone to overcome a deficiency in their game

It's why I have my doubts on this, the afl will be desperate to avoid being but in a position to even consider this

If you remember I posted a few days ago that Ess will probably request their players be allowed to play, and the very next day it wad all over the afl media sites that in fact Ess were requesting it.

So aren't the AFL as we speak considering it? Ess will want answer before any verdict is likely.

AFL have the power to allow them to play and friggin kingpin will be up in the box as if nothing happened.

That's what annoys me the most. .regardless if 'illegal' stuff was used, he orchestrated an 'experimental drugs program' and if I was a parent and see him back in charge after after fully paid sabbatical, I would be livid.

And the fact most clubs are just getting this stuff off their premise but are not ensuring the players behave outside the club is a joke

Get ready for an era of MFC outsourcing, where players are "suggested" they may want to chat to someone to overcome a deficiency in their game

Very much enjoyed reading your posts on this. Interesting all the way.
Like you I only want to know the truth. I don't care if they are guilty or not, but when we get key players refusing to testify I suspect we may never here the definitive answer because only they can categorically attest to what was injected. But the fact that there is a refusal to testify would suggest to me that the pendulum is pointing towards guilty.

But lastly, the post above confused me a bit. Are you saying most clubs are taking illegal supplements off premises? Pretty serious accusation if so.

Two massive things wrong with this post.

Firstly I never said it was everyone else's fault. I said people accuse efc of delaying this case for years, but it didn't happen. Asada always said it would take 2-3 years, and it was the Cronulla players - not the efc players - who refused interviews and dos cause a delay at their investigation.

Secondly, this idea of "it's team asada vs efc" is part of the problem. This is supposed to be an impartial investigation, where we want to find the truth, not a lynch mob where we just want blood.

This mentality is why you have posters advocating the murder and suicide of people on the htb - it's all about the fight to get your side to win. I still remember one poster said they had to be aggressive in slamming efc supporters because it was important for the pr battle. I mean seriously? This is Bigfooty ffs

This is a serious issue, and one way or another careers will be destroyed. Cheering on this sidelines for a win and not justice is sad and embarrassing.

Oh, and fwiw I will be pissed off at the outcome regardless. No independent investigation, no transparency of process, no open tribunal, no public disclose of the evidence (that is not medical in nature). Any decision will be disputed no matter what, and we will never know the truth about what actually happened.

I still think Bomber and Reid are getting off way to easy, I'm stunned GC and MFC are clear after the 3 day audit, and I'm stunned the 12 non efc players seen frequenting Danks clinic have never been interviewed.

Gut feeling is we will be revisiting in a few years

sorry brother im with the lynch mob.

Like you I only want to know the truth. I don't care if they are guilty or not, but when we get key players refusing to testify I suspect we may never here the definitive answer because only they can categorically attest to what was injected. But the fact that there is a refusal to testify would suggest to me that the pendulum is pointing towards guilty.

But lastly, the post above confused me a bit. Are you saying most clubs are taking illegal supplements off premises? Pretty serious accusation if so.
I think he means that most clubs governance in regards to supplements aren't up to scratch.

I'd be surprised if they don't allow them to play. This is the AFL we are talking about right!

See that broom . . .

and that carpet....

and James....you stand over there until things quieten down a bit.

OK.. let's move on now. Nothing to see here.
Hard to sweep it under the rug when the cat is already out of the bag. This is already out in public, makes it pretty hard to hide allowing them to play.

This is already out in public, makes it pretty hard to hide allowing them to play.

I wish I was so confident. The AFL I'm sure is doing everything it can for 'business as usual'.

If as you say the stuff is too big to fit under carpet, then the AFL will have a 'plan' for an exemption.

If you remember I posted a few days ago that Ess will probably request their players be allowed to play, and the very next day it wad all over the afl media sites that in fact Ess were requesting it.

So aren't the AFL as we speak considering it? Ess will want answer before any verdict is likely.

AFL have the power to allow them to play and friggin kingpin will be up in the box as if nothing happened.

That's what annoys me the most. .regardless if 'illegal' stuff was used, he orchestrated an 'experimental drugs program' and if I was a parent and see him back in charge after after fully paid sabbatical, I would be livid.

Of course the afl is looking at it.

I just think they will be "suggesting" their tribunal not fluff around so they don't need to make the call

If they do, given previous afl ineptness I honestly have no idea which way they will fall. Moral integrity isn't really the Afls strong suit, BUT this is a friggin huge issue to fluff over

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We know the dees doc was directing players to dank, and we know 12 non efc players visited dank.

Then remember how many players have sought radical treatments for injury management over the years

I think a lot of people have been playing in the grey, and because it's not onsite clubs don't have to record squat.

Hard to sweep it under the rug when the cat is already out of the bag. This is already out in public, makes it pretty hard to hide allowing them to play.

Don't underestimate the Deal Maker in Gilligan!

I see the old ' Essendon are too important to the AFL ' line has popped up on the HTB by a few posters as a reason why the AFL wont punish the players even if found guilty, ******* LOL :rolleyes:

It's sad, and it should not be an issue, but personally I think if this was norf, the afl would have thrown them to the wolves

Afls ability to manipulate this whole mess has been a disgrace

I wish I was so confident. The AFL I'm sure is doing everything it can for 'business as usual'.

If as you say the stuff is too big to fit under carpet, then the AFL will have a 'plan' for an exemption.

Absolutely right.

Cast your minds back to how the AFL dealt (or didn't deal) with Bruce Reid...throughout this saga one of the few things that the 'foamers' (like myself :rolleyes:) and the 'cultists' agree on is that "the players report to the club doctor" - 34 players that were under his care are currently the subject of an anti-doping violation hearing!! The AFL didn't want the pushback from the AMA among others, because at some point someone will get pissed off and lift the carpet, and there is a shedload of stuff under there..

It's sad, and it should not be an issue, but personally I think if this was norf, the afl would have thrown them to the wolves

Afls ability to manipulate this whole mess has been a disgrace
Don't disagree one iota, but what a few are failing to realise over there are that there is another player involved in this who can have the final say and it isn't the AFL, only my opinion but I would not be surprised if ASADA/WADA have let the AFL know exactly that if they try and go the soft side of bans.

Before the tribunal started I can remember ASADA asking the AFL that they ( asada that is ) to have a greater say on potential bans and the AFL agreeing to this, I'd link the story but for the life of me can't remember exactly which article I read it in there has been so many.

And it stopped things for two months. That's Sfa in an investigation that has gone for over two years. Remember it took asada a year to even charge the players after the interviews stopped
Only 2 months? So if they are banned for the first month of competition do you not think that 2 months they delayed it was their fault? It's not like they've had provisional bans throughout the whole process. Essendon delayed this final part for which they're under a provisional ban. If it finishes a month into the season then it is 100% their fault.

Don't disagree one iota, but what a few are failing to realise over there are that there is another player involved in this who can have the final say and it isn't the AFL, only my opinion but I would not be surprised if ASADA/WADA have let the AFL know exactly that if they try and go the soft side of bans.

Before the tribunal started I can remember ASADA asking the AFL that they ( asada that is ) to have a greater say on potential bans and the AFL agreeing to this, I'd link the story but for the life of me can't remember exactly which article I read it in there has been so many.

I would have agreed to that before the backdated nrl penalties

Still can't get my head around them and what asada was thinking

Only 2 months? So if they are banned for the first month of competition do you not think that 2 months they delayed it was their fault? It's not like they've had provisional bans throughout the whole process. Essendon delayed this final part for which they're under a provisional ban. If it finishes a month into the season then it is 100% their fault.

You're forgetting without those two months, the players wouldn't (or I say shouldn't) be playing finals.

Rounds 1-3 or finals, tough call

You're forgetting without those two months, the players wouldn't (or I say shouldn't) be playing finals.

Rounds 1-3 or finals, tough call
That's a good point. Though I'd imagine the AFL would have granted them permission to play in their precious finals. There's not enough Norf fans in the universe to make up the cash shortfall even if we cloned them all 20,000 times :D

he has a fair way to catch up to the cypriot

Not really

Caro confirmed it was him who brokered the melbourne tanking by not tanking verdict, as well as the crows/Tippett deal

If you look at this case, he tried to do the same again, let the club off with a fine, players lettuce leaf, and a few officials whacked.

Issue was of course Evans never got any of these guys on board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back