No Oppo Supporters The ASADA Thread... from a Tiger perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have agreed to that before the backdated nrl penalties

Still can't get my head around them and what asada was thinking

its the we are Australians syndrome, only the chinese etc etc......you know what im talking about, the word around the sport im involved in is they are pissed of at Australia and their soft attitude to drugs.

wada wouldn't get involved in the nrl thing because they didn't want to show dissension in the ranks asada/wada, they have let the asada know in no uncertain terms regarding this puissant competition.

they are in for a world of hurt and watch out afl if its soft as they will make them an example.

its the we are Australians syndrome, only the chinese etc etc......you know what im talking about, the word around the sport im involved in is they are pissed of at Australia and their soft attitude to drugs.

wada wouldn't get involved in the nrl thing because they didn't want to show dissension in the ranks asada/wada, they have let the asada know in no uncertain terms regarding this puissant competition.

they are in for a world of hurt and watch out afl if its soft as they will make them an example.

Not sure on that, remember reading these stupid backdated penalties have been used a bit internationally.

Anyway, we are getting close to the pointy end, so we will find out soon enough one way or the other

Not sure on that, remember reading these stupid backdated penalties have been used a bit internationally.

Anyway, we are getting close to the pointy end, so we will find out soon enough one way or the other

If a deal was to go down it would have when the Labor left (Gordon) attempted it without ASADA involved, the AFL said we cant our hands are tie, and they are. Hird has caused all this if he had copped it sweet in the Australian world all would have been forgiven....see SK warne, but as we all know hird is in it for hird.

let the scum fry...apologies to collingwood

Lynch mob, not good enough. Burn the lot of them I say, then hang them!

PS - What's happened to the great weasel Danky...........sourcing more products for scientific purposes before his dog eats all relevant records?

Im carrying a pitchfork

I would have agreed to that before the backdated nrl penalties

Still can't get my head around them and what asada was thinking
Yeah that was a mess, missing only 3 games when it should've been the entire 2014 season, WADA were not happy with how that was handled and can only imagine gave ASADA a verbal dressing down privately telling them a repeat of that situation wont be tolerated, as I said I reckon ASADA would've made a phonecall to the AFL and reminded them that any manipulation of the penalties will be hauled up to CAS in a nano second, if the penalty for a TB4 violation is 2 years then they are going to get 2 years then they can discuss any reductions which will be only 12 months at best, so the players will be missing 2015 at least and if ASADA argue that the players don't deserve any reductions then 2016 is gone as well.

Here we go...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-28/hird-decision-imminent?utm_medium=RSS

JAMES HIRD will find out on Friday whether his appeal against ASADA to the full bench of the Federal Court was successful.

Justice Susan Kenny will deliver the ruling at 2.15pm AEDT at the Federal Court building in Melbourne, representing herself and the two other judges, Justice Tony Besanko and Justice Richard White.

It is not expected the announcement will be televised.

Don't underestimate the Deal Maker in Gilligan!
I was going to say I don't know why the AFL would be in any hurry to do Essendon any favours in this situation, but then I see one of the latest articles on AFL.com.au is that Essendon are going to ask to be able to play their whole list in preseason.
Not sure why they would ask this, their non banned players need all the time on the ground they can get to prepare for the full season.

I was going to say I don't know why the AFL would be in any hurry to do Essendon any favours in this situation, but then I see one of the latest articles on AFL.com.au is that Essendon are going to ask to be able to play their whole list in preseason.
Not sure why they would ask this, their non banned players need all the time on the ground they can get to prepare for the full season.

TBH I really dont give a s**t about the NAB Cup, we are usually bitching because the clubs are lucky to play their decent players in one of them

I think the decision will be a pain in the arse, but not earth destroying.

On the other hand, if this is still with no verdict by round 1, then it will be a cluster * which ever way they go

Yeah that was a mess, missing only 3 games when it should've been the entire 2014 season, WADA were not happy with how that was handled and can only imagine gave ASADA a verbal dressing down privately telling them a repeat of that situation wont be tolerated, as I said I reckon ASADA would've made a phonecall to the AFL and reminded them that any manipulation of the penalties will be hauled up to CAS in a nano second, if the penalty for a TB4 violation is 2 years then they are going to get 2 years then they can discuss any reductions which will be only 12 months at best, so the players will be missing 2015 at least and if ASADA argue that the players don't deserve any reductions then 2016 is gone as well.

That's what I'm hearing

It's bit of a catch 22. From my understanding, if the AFL allows the players to play in the NAB challenge then the ban will start when they last played rather than mid-Nov as it stands now. In other words, if they are found guilty a 6 month ban would wipe out the entire season rather than 6-7 games (if the ban period isn't back dated). For the AFL to allow the players to play the NAB challenge then they will have to be damn certain they'll get a not guilty verdict.

It's bit of a catch 22. From my understanding, if the AFL allows the players to play in the NAB challenge then the ban will start when they last played rather than mid-Nov as it stands now. In other words, if they are found guilty a 6 month ban would wipe out the entire season rather than 6-7 games (if the ban period isn't back dated). For the AFL to allow the players to play the NAB challenge then they will have to be damn certain they'll get a not guilty verdict.
Please tell me how this is possible considering the players haven't provided any substantial assistance what so ever.?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please tell me how this is possible considering the players haven't provided any substantial assistance what so ever.?

I think that's a low bar. Remember the NRL players refused interviews, but still provided substantial assistance

Yet another factor in this case which ignores logic, consistency, and transparency

Apparently the players are threatening to boycott the NAB challenge unless the AFL guarantee backdated bans.

#theygotnothin
The dickheads are provisionally suspended anyway, they are threatening to boycott something they need permission to play in anyway, the dumbest players in the comp coached by the biggest flog of them all.

Essendon Football Club has a reputation as a leader in the Australian sports industry and we are committed to our vision of being recognised as the most respected, inclusive and successful sporting club in the country, consistently setting the benchmark both on and off the field.
Michael-Jordan-GIF.gif

Apparently the players are threatening to boycott the NAB challenge unless the AFL guarantee backdated bans.

#theygotnothin

Aflpa has finally figured a way for its members to avoid the nab cup :D

#theygotnothin
Typical arrogant floggish Essendon move. I wish the players no ill will as they have been duped all along but how that flog can still be coach is beyond belief.

#theygotnothin

they ...the players know bans are coming so now trying to soften it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back