No Oppo Supporters The ASADA Thread... from a Tiger perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sampling like that is never very accurate. People tend to post in streams, so posts will clump distorting data

If you look at my posting I mainly post on off field stuff. I'm not engaged in the recruiting community, so I don't consider myself qualified to comment on draftees beyond a superficial level. I'm also no great tactician, so other than commenting upon what I see and interpret, I happily acknowledge my contribution on those discussions is limited

If this posting is unacceptable to you, I'm happy for you to apply to the mods for my account to be banned on the grounds on inadequate posting volumes against mandated threads, and I'll support your request

dude I like your passion for it - seriously

Cant wait for this to be overtaken by the "Harmichael cocaine odyssey' thread

Keep posting rfctiger74 .
I've honestly enjoyed the sensible approach as a way to tap into the situation to see how it's all going.
Most of the posting on this falls into categories of biased blind faith, biased hatred ,uneducated and under researched make believe or just plain old bullshit.
And that's fine because it's a complicated and emotional issue.

But generally I reckon you've taken the common sense,Fence sitting approach and know what you're talking about through research and obviously a real interest for the topic.
Good stuff I say.

The biggest problem for the AFL is not turd or the drug cheating bumbers...
its ASADA....

Not sure about that, they have both been pretty chummy so far (asada has been very happy to confirm their work to essendon, despite links to other clubs)

Still not sure what asada will do if a doctored penalty is issued. I thought an appeal of the Cronulla decision was a lock, but they were happy enough with that

James Hird won’t be forced out of Essendon says AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ja...gillon-mclachlan/story-fndv8gad-1227237592628

The most stupid thing in that article is Little wanting the members to decide Hirds fate. The minute the membership is allowed to sack a club once, it sets a bad precedent moving forward, esp as the fringe of clubs tend to be the only ones who vote

It's also gutless, it's outsourcing a tough decision, which is what the board is supposed to be there for

Weird timing for the Little announcement that the member will decide Hirds fate and Gil saying the AFL won't push him out when there has been rumblings that Hird may be about to go.

Could this be for Friday when Hird doesn't appeal and then finally falls on his sword?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird timing for the Little announcement that the member will decide Hirds fate and Gil saying the AFL won't push him out when there has been rumblings that Hird may be about to go.

Could this be for Friday when Hird doesn't appeal and then finally falls on his sword?

Apparently rumours of some announcement at weeks end

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fingers crossed he goes. Surely he can't coach when his players can't play. Surely.

It will be interesting. Lets say Heppell gets suspended and Jobe loses his brownlow. How Hird could look them in the eye again, or these players actually believe anything Hird says again would be the question. It will be interesting. if 17 players are known for ever more as drug cheats, some of them will fracture from the rest of the group if Hird stays and the club on field performance will spiral out of control.

Honestly people need to read the article, not the headline lol.
Nowhere in the article is there a recent direct quote from anyone from the AFL saying they won't sack Hird.

The afl wouldn't do it anyway, they will just find some way to get efc to nudge him out

Who in Gods name would coach them?
Certainly wouldn't if you were a newbie. Surely?
I bags Sheedy to complete the whole crazy circus.

Not sure about that, they have both been pretty chummy so far (asada has been very happy to confirm their work to essendon, despite links to other clubs)

Still not sure what asada will do if a doctored penalty is issued. I thought an appeal of the Cronulla decision was a lock, but they were happy enough with that
There is not going to be any doctoring of any penalties, i understand why people think this though considering the AFL's reputation of handing out punishment but on this occasion the AFL can't do a thing, it's out of their hands and i would think ASADA have let the AFL know what will happen if they even think of trying to influence the tribunal.

The most stupid thing in that article is Little wanting the members to decide Hirds fate. The minute the membership is allowed to sack a club once, it sets a bad precedent moving forward, esp as the fringe of clubs tend to be the only ones who vote

It's also gutless, it's outsourcing a tough decision, which is what the board is supposed to be there for
Spot on, it's almost as if the members are running the club, decisions out of essendon seem to be based on what is best for the members and not the club.

Fingers crossed he goes. Surely he can't coach when his players can't play. Surely.
Don't be so sure, as rfctiger74 said the club is gutless and will leave that decision up to others, don't be surprised to see him coaching when players are banned, if essendon and Hird think everyone will forget and move on once penalties are handed down then they are deluded, one lesson in this, never make decisions out of spite towards others as more often than not it will come back to bite you on the arse as the Hird contract extension has for Little and co.

It will be interesting. Lets say Heppell gets suspended and Jobe loses his brownlow. How Hird could look them in the eye again, or these players actually believe anything Hird says again would be the question. It will be interesting. if 17 players are known for ever more as drug cheats, some of them will fracture from the rest of the group if Hird stays and the club on field performance will spiral out of control.
1. I think Hird would look them in the eye again as he believes that he has done nothing wrong and it's someone else's fault and i would think he would tell the players that also which leads me too.......
2. Brainwashing is an amazing drug, the players swallowed the drug in 2011/12 and some are still swallowing it now, remember there was a quote from one player ( who wished to remain anonymous ) who said they were gobsmacked that the club lost the court case because the club had convinced them the investigation was going to be thrown out, the thought of losing the court case never entered their minds.

whats pissing me atm, is efc PR/positioning....
From (right at the start) "coaches will walk if any player is charged" (admittedly that was Thompson, not Hird) to>>"any player found guilty" to>> "if any player misses matches" to>> "multiple suspensions handed out for significant time". Subtle changes in language that end in different outcomes.
Its a weasel way to keep Hird on, even with some suspensions...even then efc will leave that to the members to decide.
Weak as piss EFC....poor form and weak as piss.

In all seriousness, if Jobe is found guilty then Cotchin and Mitchell deserve to be awarded a Brownlow Medal.

And there should be no unease about the situation - they'll have been deserving winners robbed of the honour for 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back