Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

choo

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2006
Clinic across the road.
AFL Club
Carlton
Fletcher finally announced his retirement... greedy goose should have retired 4 years ago but he had to beat Simon Madden (one of the few scum I like) and make it to 400 games.

Fitting that in his last game he wore this monstrosity.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441374466.216309.jpg

Congratulations son of a kicker on your ability to hide from the best forward, deliver sly elbows and deliberately trip opponents.
You have kids, may the cheating tradition continue.

Apr 22, 2008
Mamba Style !!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakers
Fitting that in his last game he wore this monstrosity.
View attachment 169657

Congratulations son of a kicker on your ability to hide from the best forward, deliver sly elbows and deliberately trip opponents.
You have kids, may the cheating tradition continue.
You forgot wobble goal posts and inject drugs.....

5 day ban from the Jake Carlisle thread on the drafts and trading board for WADA references .
Would have thought the two were intrinsically linked in any trade discussions ...
Reckon he will get longer ....

Weiterbot23

Cancelled
Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2016 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2009 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2008
Yarraville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC
It'll happen, we'll pick up Jake Carlisle and everyone will be happy then he'll get a 2 year ban from the CAS and those happy people will be asking how the club was so stupid to have picked him up. :)

Who cares if we get him in the PSD.

We won't be having a finals tilt for 3 years so what's the harm, bit of cap space eaten up, but we really shouldn't be close to filling it.

Then in 2018, will still have murph as a 31 year old boomer Harvey, Gibbs still kicking, plus all our high picks will be developing well. Carlise comes in, we get a big name free agent and have a crack at 17!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NTBlue

Debutant
Oct 5, 2004
Darwin
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton, St Marys NTFL

We won't be having a finals tilt for 3 years so what's the harm, bit of cap space eaten up, but we really shouldn't be close to filling it.

Then in 2018, will still have murph as a 31 year old boomer Harvey, Gibbs still kicking, plus all our high picks will be developing well. Carlise comes in, we get a big name free agent and have a crack at 17!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shouldn't even cost us cap space if he is suspended. Players suspended under ASADA/WADA are not allowed to be paid. I would assume that this issue would be well and truely sorted before any recruitment was contemplated.

Only problem with that is that he is going to be banned from attending club training. He won't be able to train with any club or league that follow the WADA code. Two years out of the game, not playing, or using the best training available, is going to have a huge effect on his capacity to play good football for quite a long time.

He's not worth the risk.

jj1978

Brownlow Medallist
May 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Only problem with that is that he is going to be banned from attending club training. He won't be able to train with any club or league that follow the WADA code. Two years out of the game, not playing, or using the best training available, is going to have a huge effect on his capacity to play good football for quite a long time.

He's not worth the risk.
Agree and even contemplating getting him into the PSD is a waste as that #1PSD pick is gold as is the #1 rookie draft pick...

plus he's a flog... and I think Fev was less of a flog (loveable larriken)....

Shouldn't even cost us cap space if he is suspended. Players suspended under ASADA/WADA are not allowed to be paid. I would assume that this issue would be well and truely sorted before any recruitment was contemplated.
And he would be eligible to sue * for any lost earnings during the period he has been banned for.

Right... sign him up for a million/year contract for 4 years with the last 2 years only requiring 250k/year :D

Essendon have to pay a Carlton player 3.5 million for 2 years :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back