Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
That's true. Lawyers love to give the impression that we know everything about all areas of law...I think the reality tends to be that we know a lot about one discreet area.
Quite possible the laywers will just think of a scary number and then settle for a fraction. Would still add up to a massive wack to *. Going to court is unpredictable. Screwing over the players would not look good in the papers and could cost them more from bad publicity.

Canyouhearthedrums

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
The problem is that any lawyer (and client) has to certify that their claim has a proper basis before it starts. I would hope most lawyers wouldn't risk their practicing certificate by starting baseless claims....I certainly wouldn't.

Anyway, if nothing else, it's highlighting just how appalling Essendon's behavior was.

navybluesince75

Team Captain
Nov 29, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't get the Hal Hunter thing. He wasn't part of the *34 and, as far as I'm aware, hasn't been handed a SCN. All of that would seem to indicate that he isn't believed by ASADA to have received any banned substances. Is he playing the angle of health issues based on unknown substances?

I am reading it as health issues based on unknown substances and his desire for information to be released as to what they were given

Apparently Akermanis is to be their development coach...
Enter Aphrodite with the little laughing guys :)

He will coach their Under 15 Academy squad.. he has a bit to work with...
2015-11-11-14-33-12-1334850073.jpeg

jj1978

Brownlow Medallist
May 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
No way in hell will Akermanis get the gig... "The interview" is all for show just because Essendon know that Aker will blab about it and the process. For a club who have had too much media attention for the wrong reasons the last 3 years and now need to invest in re-embracing their members, supporters and the AFL general public bringing in Aker will bring up headlines for them again for the wrong reasons... they won't touch him.

Feb 17, 2006
Terror Lake
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Isotopes
On its face it seems like a wet lettuce slap, but this opens the door for further legal actions from the players. Makes their case far more stronger.

I hope they cop the maximum penalty.

Once CAS finds them guilty, their insurers will want those legal costs back too.

It's a start I guess.
But * are pleading guilty because to do otherwise would mean providing testimony & other evidence that could be used against them in other proceedings.

At some stage they will need to produce evidence which they claim to have but you could safely assume they don't if it hasn't been used already.

When their bluff is finally called, the walls on their house of cards will collapse.

Last edited:
I'm told it is still convinced * won the 99 PF. Won't be swayed.
Probably a big fan of conspiracy theories. Also believes we never went to the moon, Elvis is still alive and journalists don't read BF for material to write about.

Delusion knows no boundaries.

For gorgot the bit about Elvis being an Alien who shot JFK from the moon !!!!!! Go big with your conspiracies or go home :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back