Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASADA and essendon* had made a deal. Club cops it and the players don't. Then there were changes at ASADA regarding personnel and the deal was reneged. That's what I was told.

Hah! I knew this would happen. Young is the best guy for the job, Essendon are nothing compared to Armstrong. He's one of the people who gave the go ahead for the case against the players, he would have seen the case and the evidence already. In fact he told WADA it would be best to take it out of the AFL's cozy system.

Hah! I knew this would happen. Young is the best guy for the job, Essendon are nothing compared to Armstrong. He's one of the people who gave the go ahead for the case against the players, he would have seen the case and the evidence already. In fact he told WADA it would be best to take it out of the AFL's cozy system.
How did you know about that last sentence Thrawn?

Wow thats huge. Don't listen to MMM. I'd be surprised if Ed with that without checking it first.
I think that was the plan from the get-go, McDevitt's presser after the decision threw out enough hints, as well as the statement on CAS where WADA are looking for the correct burden of proof to be applied.

Richard Young.... so hot right now.

BNKVQ1LCIAE019f.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first people engaged by the *FC , even before the lawyers, were the PR firms. They have been manipulating the message that the public hear from day one. They have actively gone out of their way to paint the players as innocent victims of the evil and malevolent Stephen Dank. Anyone who believes this message is suggesting that the players have no responsibility for their own actions.

That's the sort of bullshit I won't accept from my children. The * players are ******* adults for *'s sake.

Last edited:
Essendon desperately trying to take control of the situation.

In order to guarantee the presence of one AFL-minded person in a jurisdiction of European lawyers, legal sources claim Essendon have suggested a recently retired Australian High Court judge, Justice Ken Hayne, as their nominated judge on the three-person panel.

Justice Hayne is an Essendon supporter and is hugely respected for his independence and clarity of thinking.
Hilarious. Do they really think WADA is this stupid? Trying to treat them with as much contempt as the general public.

Hilarious. Do they really think WADA is this stupid? Trying to treat them with as much contempt as the general public.

I know it's been said before...

but...

the gift that keeps on giving

Last edited:

As I posted on the HTB the guy isn't on the CAS list so not eligible for selection I'm doubting that WADA will allow him to be included

They are taking the pee surely

Essendon and the AFL are going to do everything within their meagre powers to try and force WADA and CAS to have the case heard in Australia before Australian CAS arbitrators... however, I think that the AFL and Essendon are going to be massively burnt by this case once it gets to court in CAS :D

Hayne is a brilliant man, despite his poor choice in football teams.

Essendon would be working hard to get any ex-Judge on the panel. There was a good article floating aorund somewhere explaining that those with a formal judicial background are more likely to set the 'comfortable satisfaction' test higher, particularly those without experience in sporting tribunals.

Essendon and the AFL are going to do everything within their meagre powers to try and force WADA and CAS to have the case heard in Australia before Australian CAS arbitrators... however, I think that the AFL and Essendon are going to be massively burnt by this case once it gets to court in CAS :D

Could be why WADA want to get this as far away from Australia as possible, and get it heard in Switzerland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back