Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
CAS dishes out the penalties Pep. None of them apply to the club or coaching staff as only the players have been charged.

The travesty here has always been that the club and the coach are not in the dock and have used the players as a human shield.
In Cycling where several riders test positive the team is suspended. Hope this can be applied to *FC so justice can be done.

Highly unlikely they dodge this bullet.

For mine the only weakness in the case is tracing the TB4 to the individial player. The rest of the chain looks solid.

If CAS agree that 'thymoisin' = TB4 like the AFL tribunal did, we'll have a pretty solid link thanks to the consent forms, and admissions by most of the players they took 'thymo'.

I reckon most of the players will go.

Last edited:

Righteo fellas. Here are the accepted facts so far:

In 2011, Essendon (having issues with soft tissue injuries) made public a desire to bulk the playing list up. In August of that year, Dank tells Robinson (via a text message) that "Thymoisin' would be the cornerstone' of this program at the Bombers because it could 'accelerate player recovery'.

Shortly thereafter, Dank places an order for TB4 with convicted drug dealer Shane Charters. Charters then heads to China (on 26 November 2011) to purchase TB4 from Biochem (and this was not the first time Charters had dealings with Biochem). Charters took delivery of a substance purported to be TB4 from Biochem, and shipped this substance back to Oz.

Charters then texts Dank several weeks after his return to Melbourne, including a message that inquired 'which peptides do you need next?' Dank texts in reply: 'Thymosin Beta 4'. A short time later, Charter sends another text to South Yarra compounding chemist Nima Alavi, stating, ''Hi Mate. Thymosin – 20 x 5ml vials. Steve's request.'

The drug is then forwarded for preparation as TB4 by Alavi; a compounding chemist. It was compounded by Alavi's assistant and prepared as if it were TB4 (again on instruction from Dank) and given to Dank in (oddly for a chemist) completely unmarked vials.

On 12 January 2012, Charters also sends both Dank and Alavi an email about the use and storage of TB4 for 'research purposes'. Included in this email was the suggestion that TB4 was most effective when administered at the rate of: 'one subcutaneous injection per week for 6 consecutive weeks, then 1 vial per month.'

The players consent forms show that shortly after Dank obtained the drug purported to be TB4 from Alavi, that he ordered from Charters, the players proceeded to be administered 'thymoisin' injections at the rate of one subcutaneous injection per week for 6 consecutive weeks, with an intended 1 vial per month from then onward.

Weeks later, Dank reports back to Alavi that the TB4 was 'spoiled by the light' and never actually used on anyone.

Months after the injections begin, in an email dated May 2012, Dank finds out that TB4 may be covered by a WADA catch-all clause, and may in fact have been prohibited.

Dank then proceeds to mysteriously arrange secret blood tests for the players via a document purported to be authorized by a Dr Wilcourt (whom denies ever signing it, conducting or approving the blood tests, and claims the document is forged). Dank also at this time prepares a second document which he presents to Alavi - backdated to before the 'thmoisin' injections were given - declaring 'This drug is thymomodulin and is WADA approved'. Alavi denies ever signing it, yet it mysteriously turns up later with his forged signature on it anyway.

Finally, despite the drug in question being shipped to Dank in unmarked vials, a mysterious vial labelled 'Thymomodulin' is leaked on the internet, meaning at the very least, Dank labelled it after it got to Essendon. Its also possible (and in line with the forging of several documents and backdating of others) that he also leaked the photo.

Righteo fellas. Here are the accepted facts so far:

Shortly thereafter, Dank places an order for TB4 with convicted drug dealer Shane Charters. Charters then heads to China (on 26 November 2011) to purchase TB4 from Biochem (and this was not the first time Charters had dealings with Biochem). Charters took delivery of a substance purported to be TB4 from Biochem, and shipped this substance back to Oz.

Finally, despite the drug in question being shipped to Dank in unmarked vials, a mysterious vial labelled 'Thymomodulin' is leaked on the internet, meaning at the very least, Dank labelled it after it got to Essendon. Its also possible (and in line with the forging of several documents and backdating of others) that he also leaked the photo.

RE: VIAL CONTENTS In terms of "purported" just to add to weight of evidence the analysis performed on the vial contents showed that it could not be Thymosin alpha 1 (wrong molecular weight) nor Thymomodulin (lacked the 4 distinct molecular weights of TMM) and had the approximate molecular weight of Thymosin beta 4 (this analysis was not regarded as sufficient by the AFL tribunal). IMO This is stronger direct evidence of the supply chain of a banned substance that was ever presented for Lance Armstrong's EPO doping (supply chain to dopers including motoman never testified), though changing hemocrits could have been used as indirect evidence.

Re: PHOTO The photo in question Wallis said that it was taken around grand final week, months after Dank had left EFC it was of a "light resistant" vial (dark not clear).

RE: VIAL CONTENTS In terms of "purported" just to add to weight of evidence the analysis performed on the vial contents showed that it could not be Thymosin alpha 1 (wrong molecular weight) nor Thymomodulin (lacked the 4 distinct molecular weights of TMM) and had the approximate molecular weight of Thymosin beta 4 (this analysis was not regarded as sufficient by the AFL tribunal). IMO This is stronger direct evidence of the supply chain of a banned substance that was ever presented for Lance Armstrong's EPO doping (supply chain to dopers including motoman never testified), though changing hemocrits could have been used as indirect evidence.

The Tribunal was comfortably satisfied of the above (and expert evidence from both sides agreed) yet still could not be comfortably satisfied it was actually TB4.

What else could ASADA have done? How high is that bar anyways?

The photo in question Wallis said that it was taken around grand final week, months after Dank had left EFC.

The TB4 vials handed to Dank were unmarked.

Someone at EFC put that label on that vial, and someone at EFC then leaked it onto the net.

I mean - what the hell were Essendon doing with vials of Thymo at the club after the Drug thing kicked off? Why wasn't it handed over or shredded with the rest of the evidence? Why specifically leak this photo?

My sister in law is a pharmacist. When I showed her the photo of the vial she burst out laughing.

Can you ask her if it's possible for a compounding chemist to acquire raw materials for a substance purported to be TB4, then compound that substance as if it was TB4, and then still have no idea what it was after finishing?

I mean: Can I just forward white powder to any chemist, and they don't check what it is?

Also: How often does a Chemist forward unmarked vials of a prepared substance to someone? Im no chemist, but I cant see keeping a heap of unmarked vials around your compounding pharmacy being 'best practice' for a compounding chemist FFS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you ask her if it's possible for a compounding chemist to acquire raw materials for a substance purported to be TB4, then compound that substance as if it was TB4, and then still have no idea what it was after finishing?

I mean: Can I just forward white powder to any chemist, and they don't check what it is?

Also: How often does a Chemist forward unmarked vials of a prepared substance to someone? Im no chemist, but I cant see keeping a heap of unmarked vials around your compounding pharmacy being 'best practice' for a compounding chemist FFS.

I don't need to ask her, we both know what the answers are :p

My sister in law is a pharmacist. When I showed her the photo of the vial she burst out laughing.

She wasn't the only one who burst out laughing. :p

194045-5be8b17a-6e2c-11e4-ae84-798920b22a79.jpg

I thought it was a criminal offence to forge a doctor's script. Does anyone know if a police investigation has been undertaken on this Dr Wilcourt and Danks blood testing issue?

She must be the same one I showed my rash to.......

None of that happens

Was looking on the Doggies boards for something and noticed that they only have one thread going for this saga, it's buried on the 2nd page, and is only 3 pages long. They have a vested interested in these proceedings.
Interestingly one guy seems to think that if they lose Crameri they'll just move on to Hendo.

Was looking on the Doggies boards for something and noticed that they only have one thread going for this saga, it's buried on the 2nd page, and is only 3 pages long. They have a vested interested in these proceedings.
Interestingly one guy seems to think that if they lose Crameri they'll just move on to Hendo.

Sadly, that's not an inaccurate reflection of where we are as a club at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back