Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Mitchell didn't really apologise, which is even better in my eyes. He said it wasn't a good look and he shouldn't have done it on camera....

Yeah, if you read between the lines he chose his words carefully.

"It probably isn’t a good look for the game...It was probably inappropriate...it’s not in good taste...it’s not something you want to see … I shouldn’t have done it."

I've gained more respect for Sam Mitchell than I already had and that "apology" is the icing on that cake.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Not when you are investigating a person over illegal and corrupt behaviors..it reeks of cover up from top to bottom.
What makes you think that all key staff don't already have key AFL staff phone numbers? Also, the messages could have been to an office phone and not a personal mobile for all we know. Or perhaps the SOP at AFL HQ when someone calls and asks for 'Ol Gil is for the receptionist to give out a message bank or work mobile number? Point is we don't know and its a pretty small thing to extrapolate out into something big. That's how you lose fidelity in the audio/visual world mang...

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
Listening to Ser James after game summation i.e (Propaganda allegation) confirmed to me that he is seriously delusional. It also confirms that he should not be coaching. He is using his role as a coach to spew out lies and once again rewrite history to try and protect what ever is left of his reputation. Caro will gladly accept the challenge whilst Slobbo will go missing in action or blubber some justification. Either way we will find out next week on the Essendon Footy show which is sometimes known as 360. Have given up watching what used to be a reasonable show. Let Foxtel know how you feel, otherwise next year Ser James will probably be hosting the show with Slobbo.
Geez when you look at the looks on their faces in that pic it paints a picture considering the circumstances at the time...if u didn't know the story behind the pic u would think they had done something wrong...hmmmm o_O

*apologies...meant to be replying to the pic that shows them at the press conference after the decision from the tribunal of them getting away with it...

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Broncos
Not sure if anyone was listening to MMM today before our game when they did an interview with Dank. I didn't listened to it all as I had to switch off as the bloke is just a bag of pus.
They basically asked him why he hasn't come forward before the AFL tribunal and submitted his evidence to clear the players?
Basically his reply was that the AFL & ASADA tribunal is a kangaroo court where he would have to prove what he gave the players was legit whereas in a court of law ASADA & the AFL would have to prove that what he gave the players was illegal. This guy is all class.

Lace_Out

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1435492875831.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1435492875831.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 7

Moody Blue

Premiership Player
May 21, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Pretty obvious that the media has been gagged by the AFL. Not one mentioned that Hird's 'Propaganda' comment should have been jumped on and Hird should have been made to account how was it that he was the only AFL coach in the history of the game to be suspended for a year. Must give a worthy mention to Nathan Buckley who was itching to say something and was baiting Slobbo last night, but Slobbo would not bite. I would love to hear Buckley's thoughts on what he thinks of Hird. Then we have the 'Teflon Kid' on the Footy Show who denied wearing an arm band in 2001 and then is made to look like a goose a moment later. The rule at Essendon is when one lie is exposed make up another. The 'Teflon Kid' played to the script making up some garbage about players retiring. Essendon is without doubt the worst club ever. If my kid got drafted and went to Essendon with Ser James and Dr Feelgood I would be telling him to stand out for two years.

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
Pretty obvious that the media has been gagged by the AFL. Not one mentioned that Hird's 'Propaganda' comment should have been jumped on and Hird should have been made to account how was it that he was the only AFL coach in the history of the game to be suspended for a year. Must give a worthy mention to Nathan Buckley who was itching to say something and was baiting Slobbo last night, but Slobbo would not bite. I would love to hear Buckley's thoughts on what he thinks of Hird. Then we have the 'Teflon Kid' on the Footy Show who denied wearing an arm band in 2001 and then is made to look like a goose a moment later. The rule at Essendon is when one lie is exposed make up another. The 'Teflon Kid' played to the script making up some garbage about players retiring. Essendon is without doubt the worst club ever. If my kid got drafted and went to Essendon with Ser James and Dr Feelgood I would be telling him to stand out for two years.

What's the bolded bit mean? Sorry, must have missed this.

Funk

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 6, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
A few observations:
How funny is it that Hird gave Mitchell at least 2 Coaches Votes?
J Brown's observations re EFC black tape around elbows in 2001 GF reinforce Hird being the hypocritical bullshit artist he really is.
Gillon McLachlan must be working like a drovers dog behind the scenes keeping all the media "wannabe's" from going "off message". He is doing all he can to hose down WADA talk and keep the media talking about footy itself. The media commentators silence re Hirds "media propaganda" comment is deafening!!

Big Sim

Cancelled
Apr 12, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Carlton
Funnily enough... the less I like Hird, the more I like Buckley. He had a bit to say about the Mitchell 'incident' last night.
Buckley is the straightest shooting coach around. He never tries to evade a question and gives intelligent and succinct answers. He never gets flustered or angry or disrespects the interviewer. He has a great footy brain and I really like listening to him.

Clarkson is pretty good too.

But Hird is a tosser of the highest order. Never tells it how it is, just how he thinks it should be. Made a complete idiot of himself with his comments about propaganda and the fact he was not taken to task for it by the very media he was sledging says a lot about how piss weak they are.

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
I saw the new Jurassic Park last night. The main dinosaur is a t-rex mixed with a mysterious and reckless cocktail of genetic material. It was named Indominus Rex, but I would've called it Jobe.

Coincidence that the heroic raptor that saves the day is named "Blue", and stands between 190 and 195cms tall depending on which scene you're watching?

I think not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back