Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep WADA is slowly dismantling the Dons, and I don't know if I'm to comfortable with their wielding of abosolute power over our great game.
But the Bombers were wreckless and handled the matter badly form the beginning .
Their impudence and arragonce will cost them heaps.
Sad to see this happing actually as a competition we need a stable EFC.
Hird should fall on his sword , step down disgraced, all players accept the punishment and allow the club to move forward.
The AFL needs to clean up its act in regards to drugs abuse in footy too.
We have a great game on our hands and we must comply with acceptable international standards.
The trouble is the AFL have shown themselves too compromised and conflicted to deal with it fairly. The AFL has until now wielded absolute power and have time and again proved to be grubby fixers interested only in the bottom line.

too add to the pain jobe wont play the rest of the season! boohoo...

I greatly dislike (hate is too toxic a word) Essendon but always had a lot of time for Jobe Watson, he strikes me as a good bloke whom unfortunately has to take the on field baggage for the crap Dank and Hird bought to that footy club.

Reckon just about any other person would have cracked under the crap Jobe's had to endure as a captain in the last 36 months or so.

Hopefully he plays on, doesn't deserve to go out on an 110 point loss, but I feel he has probably played his final game of footy.

Would like to think most of us Carlton board posters show Jobe a modicum of respect if he retires, he was a worthy Brownlow winner and a great player for many years.

I greatly dislike (hate is too toxic a word) Essendon but always had a lot of time for Jobe Watson, he strikes me as a good bloke whom unfortunately has to take the on field baggage for the crap Dank and Hird bought to that footy club.

Reckon just about any other person would have cracked under the crap Jobe's had to endure as a captain in the last 36 months or so.

Hopefully he plays on, doesn't deserve to go out on an 110 point loss, but I feel he has probably played his final game of footy.

Would like to think most of us Carlton board posters show Jobe a modicum of respect if he retires, he was a worthy Brownlow winner and a great player for many years.
The tainted brownlow? Mmm nah.

I am not sure many Carlton posters would be of that opinion DVB.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying but he won his brownlow in a year that his team are being tried for drug cheating.

Jobe seems like a genuinely good guy and I do feel sorry for him. I feel he was conned in to this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest, I think Ben Cousins Brownlow was more tainted than Jobe's was/is, given the horrible stuff Cousins was reported to be willingly taking at the time, winning the Brownlow medal with a black eye after a night on the gear/tiles a few days before, is a pretty distasteful image, Jobe was naive and a victim of poor club governance, but a drug cheat, nope, not in my book.

I cant bring myself to forgive the chambre shirt.

Can't agree with the worthy bit. The award is for the best and fairest player.

Nothing fair about an advantage gained from taking illegal substances.

Jobe can get stuffed!

Sick of hearing about how brave he has been, how he's such a good leader. If he were a leader, he would have said no in the first place.

Suspend him and give Charlie to Cotchin and Mitchell.

I personally think Watson comes across as a person with a sense of entitlement

Sense of entitlement/ went to xaviour, it's really the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A worthy winner?

He won it under the influence of PEDs. If he had any integrity he would have handed it back long ago.

As a leader he has failed in spectacular fashion, he should have lead from the front and said "no" but decided to play along. No asking of questions, just lifted his jumper up willingly. I don't believe he has a shoulder injury, he's either come to his senses and taken a voluntary suspension just in case CAS slam them, or is simply just too gutless to front his team mates any more. Alternatively, he could have had enough of Hird and decided to sit out as a matter of protest, the club covering him and supporting his action because Hird has them by the balls. Sack him and he could just as well spill the beans, or get a rumoured $6m payout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back