Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
352892-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

How many senior/ex senior coaches can these guys have?
They only need their favourite sun in Matthew Knights back and the show is complete.......................maybe Sheedy also.

Circling the wagons I would have thought.
Get as many Essendon past players as they can when ASADA finally deliver the justice they deserve.

352892-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

How many senior/ex senior coaches can these guys have?
They only need their favourite sun in Matthew Knights back and the show is complete.......................maybe Sheedy also.

Note Albert still as cunning as a fox ...
Standing behind Harvey and ready to push him under the bus at any time should Harvey even think of not playing by Albert's rules !!

Hirdy doesn't shave much lately
He actually shaves twice daily, but for some reason it just keeps growing back.

Abstract
Thymosin beta 4 is a small 43-amino-acid molecule that has multiple biological activities, including promotion of cell migration angiogenesis, cell survival, protease production, and wound healing. We have found that thymosin beta 4 promotes hair growth in various rat and mice models including a transgenic thymosin beta 4 overexpressing mouse. We have also determined the mechanism by which thymosin beta 4 acts to promote hair growth by examining its effects on follicle stem cell growth, migration, differentiation, and protease production. Thymosin beta 4 has multi-functional roles in cell physiology. It accelerates hair growth and angiogenesis, and increases laminin-5 expression in corneal epithelium.

He actually shaves twice daily, but for some reason it just keeps growing back.

Abstract
Thymosin beta 4 is a small 43-amino-acid molecule that has multiple biological activities, including promotion of cell migration angiogenesis, cell survival, protease production, and wound healing. We have found that thymosin beta 4 promotes hair growth in various rat and mice models including a transgenic thymosin beta 4 overexpressing mouse. We have also determined the mechanism by which thymosin beta 4 acts to promote hair growth by examining its effects on follicle stem cell growth, migration, differentiation, and protease production. Thymosin beta 4 has multi-functional roles in cell physiology. It accelerates hair growth and angiogenesis, and increases laminin-5 expression in corneal epithelium.
I see, so what your saying is Hird is actually a big rat......can't argue with science.

Essen*******ingdope and the AFL can try all they want to drag this s**t out.
ASADA don't seem to me as if they are going to buckle any time soon. They have stated that they will definately see it through and they have
sufficient evidence to proceed, which they have done so with the show cause notices.
If there was nothing untoward happening at that shitpot club, they would've pulled up stumps by now.
There was nothing to lose by ASADA finding zip and closing the case,...but they have pushed on.

The AFL can hand out a light penalty if they choose to, and more than likely will as we know that's how they roll.
But that's where WADA come into play. They WILL come over the top if the penalty does not reflect the crime.

The thing that gets under my skin is the media continuing with their pro Essendope spin.
That prick Tird goes to the dunny and it's all over the news. The arrogant prick is swanning around as though it's buisness as usual.
Today Mark Harvey is appointed in a coaching role, and that prick of a bloke is being interviewed instead.

It's officially his club it seems. So many people have lost their jobs/fallen on their swords, that were further removed from
the playing group, but that **** is still there.
Does he ******* care? I think not!

I sincerely wanted that sh*tstain of a club to survive and get smashed for the next 20 years, but now i want em gone!
****** caput, finished! EXTINCT!!!
And their supporters can get ****** too!

There, i feel a little better now! :drunk:

Mod edit: Don't avoid the swear filter

Holy mackerel mate. Have a snickers.

Looks about the right amount of redactions to me.

Yeah read that as well. Circumstantial evidence, but it will be enough. I just don't get this whole back dating sentencing. You can do wrong, yet if the court case is timed well enough, you miss no football. This is the one thing that gets me. There has to be a tangible punishment ie. players missing games. Otherwise this has all been for nothing besides we have it in writing that they were guilty. What is guilt without the punishment?

This is my concern as well MileHigh, that the AFL will minimise this as much as possible and Essendumb will escape with a slapped wrist again.
The bare minimum that I believe would be justice is:
* that the players sit out the entire 2015 year (1/1/2015 - 31/12/2015).
* Hird receives life ban from Australian Rules Football. And entered into the AFL Hall of Shame
* Bomber is banned for up to 2 years & fined.
* Dr Reid is implicated and banned from AFL
* Brownlow removed from Jobe.
* Clubs compensated for salary lost for recruiting Essendumb players whilst they are suspended.
* Essendumb banned from first 2 rounds of the ND, PSD & Rookie draft - no way to trade into or receive priority picks.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah read that as well. Circumstantial evidence, but it will be enough. I just don't get this whole back dating sentencing. You can do wrong, yet if the court case is timed well enough, you miss no football. This is the one thing that gets me. There has to be a tangible punishment ie. players missing games. Otherwise this has all been for nothing besides we have it in writing that they were guilty. What is guilt without the punishment?
Agree. Backdated bans are completely nonsensical. And if it happens, Australian Rules Football will become the laughing stock of world sport. And so will this country.

* Clubs compensated for salary lost for recruiting Essendumb players whilst they are suspended.
* Essendumb banned from first 2 rounds of the ND, PSD & Rookie draft - no way to trade into or receive priority picks.

(a) Nah. Port Adelaide took the risk on Paddy, when no one else would trade with them. They've already had value from Monfries, as have WB with Crameri.
(b) Penalties already - focus on suspensions and rotten tomatoes directed at Hird.

Any club that has picked up an Essendon* player since the story broke shouldnt be compensated for losing that player for an extended period. They knew that the player could be banned for anything up to 2 years and could also potentially be a lifetime ban in the case of some players.

The clubs have taken the gamble and lost if they get banned.

I think it would only be fair if any team who has recruited an Essendon player that is banned is compensated their wage and position on the list by the AFL.

Ethically, we can't justify punishing them whilst also subscribing to the 'innocent until proven guilty' concept. Caveat Emptor applies to used cars, not people.

This is my concern as well MileHigh, that the AFL will minimise this as much as possible and Essendumb will escape with a slapped wrist again.
The bare minimum that I believe would be justice is:
* that the players sit out the entire 2015 year (1/1/2015 - 31/12/2015).
* Hird receives life ban from Australian Rules Football. And entered into the AFL Hall of Shame
* Bomber is banned for up to 2 years & fined.
* Dr Reid is implicated and banned from AFL
* Brownlow removed from Jobe.
I would suggest this would be the maximum they would receive. I would be happy for the players to miss half a season of football. I would be delighted to see Hird never coach again. I dont see the AFL giving the Bombers any more penalties after they miss draft picks, were fined and were kicked out of the 2013 finals series.

Any club that has picked up an Essendon* player since the story broke shouldnt be compensated for losing that player for an extended period. They knew that the player could be banned for anything up to 2 years and could also potentially be a lifetime ban in the case of some players.

The clubs have taken the gamble and lost if they get banned.

I'd be getting the ex Essendon* players to fess up, turn star witnesses, put themselves at the mercy of the ASADA panel and hope they get off with a reduced penalty. Else if they stick fat with the tird-fest they deserve what they get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back