Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon I have the perfect gig for Hirdy this year if they do part ways. Every time I hear about him lately he is at some far flung country on a junket!

This bloke needs a spell as the Flight Centre man and James is the perfect candidate.....well travelled, annoying....

untitled.png

Apparently Robbo compared James Hird to Darryl Kerrigan from the Castle (one of those little people who get squashed) .. :p

And this guy is the Chief Football Writer of The Herald-Sun .. Words fall me..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny how Robbo's rubbish article coincides with Hird's visit to the US. Not meeting up with an old friend who happens to be his mentor and News Corp Chief Executive, hmm?

For those who are wondering why the Herald Sun, Chip Le Moron, AFL 360 are so pro-Hird and pro-Essendon.

Funny how Robbo's rubbish article coincides with Hird's visit to the US. Not meeting up with an old friend who happens to be his mentor and News Corp Chief Executive, hmm?

For those who are wondering why the Herald Sun, Chip Le Moron, AFL 360 are so pro-Hird and pro-Essendon.
Robbo's rubbish article accuses the judges in the case of not shaking his hand... whose hand he neglects to mention but he makes it appear that the judges didnt shake Hirds hand.

Junk journalism...

TBH since the whole slurried mess began, Robinson has been reasonably objective.

Once it became a court matter.............the junk journalists should have remained what they are, sports reporters.

Caro probably rose above the rest, but quite frankly I don't care.

As for the Pollies from the Blackest Day in Australian Sport, think Jason Claire cleans toilets nowadays.

Laser of ridicule closes on James Hird's feet of clay

Fast forward a decade and Hird is now like Sean Connery shackled to the bench in Goldfinger, a laser beam inexorably slicing through the metal, between his legs towards his groin. Yet, although we all winced in that trademark James Bond scene, we knew an escape route would somehow, miraculously, appear. Bond and his crown jewels would live to perform another day.

Hird, the golden-haired James Bond of the football field, though, is a real-life character in a real-life drama. And he is in a corner from which there may be no escape. Should the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority's case against past and present Essendon players be sustained at the AFL Tribunal, it will be the end. In reputational terms it may be anyway. The horrible, once unthinkable, reality for Hird is that he now finds himself where Tony Abbott has been during the past week: the butt of ridicule. And ridicule, it has been emphasised recently, is the most potent killer of public leaders.

Small target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back